PDA

View Full Version : Please Rate In Character Questions

evisiron
2008-05-29, 10:20 PM
In my game, I will be featuring a version of Cash Cab; Cash Carriage.
These are the questions I was going run. They are new-ish players so I have focused on things they have encountered (although the Ruby City question is linked to Homebrew stuff).

Please mention if there are any incorrect answers or confusing questions so I can fix them. :smallsmile:

Questions:

100gp
1. Creatures afflicted with ‘lycanthropy’ are vulnerable to which material?
A: Silver
2. Which class can convert any of their divine spells into Cure spells?
A: Cleric
3. Vampires despise what potent light source?
A: the Sun
4. How many silver pieces are worth a gold piece?
A: 10

200gp
1. The legendary chimera has the head of three beasts. What are these three beasts?
A: Goat, Lion, Dragon
2. What variety of evil dragon is known for making its home in swampland?
A: Black
3. The infamous flying snake, the Glide Viper, can spray a poison. What affect does this poison have on its prey?
A: Blinds them
4. Ninja’s use small star like thrown weapons to attack their foes. What are they called?
A: Shuriken

400gp
1. Unlike their fiendish kin, Daemons are less resilient to what material?
A: Cold Iron
2. Which city is known for having the largest single magic item store in the known world?
A: Ruby City
3. What race is renowned for possessing a limited ability to wield magic with without training?
A: Gnomes
4. Who is the neutral god of Nature?
A: Obad-Hai

Dhavaer
2008-05-29, 10:30 PM
1. Unlike their fiendish kin, Daemons are less resilient to what material?

This should be 'demons', I think, not 'daemons'.

evisiron
2008-05-29, 10:43 PM
This should be 'demons', I think, not 'daemons'.

Well, I will be reading then aloud so no worries there. But the spelling is due to my Warhammer roots. :smallsmile:

Thank you!

DrowVampyre
2008-05-30, 03:00 AM
I don't see any incorrect answers, but I'd reword "2. Which class can convert any of their divine spells into Cure spells?" if this is an in character thing. Seeing as the characters would have no idea what a "class" is, and I'm sure the clerics don't refer to it as "converting a spell into a cure spell" - likely they call it "asking their deity to heal the wounds of the injured" or somesuch. >_> <_<

evisiron
2008-05-30, 10:51 PM
I ran it tonight, and thought I would post the results for a sense of closure.

The players loved it! The questions were perfectly balance as they ended up with 2/3 strikes and got all but 2 of the questions right (the Gnome one and Obad Hai one).

So thanks again to everyone who posted here! :smallbiggrin: