PDA

View Full Version : X-box 360; arcade vs elite

Mc. Lovin'
2008-05-30, 10:36 AM
I was going to purchase an Xbox 360, and I was wondering which version to get. Is the large amount of extra cost really worth the benifits? I tried looking on wikipedia about the differences but all I could see was that it has double the memory. So what other benifits are there? Or is that really it?

Because if so I would save a lot of money on the arcade version, so i want to know which I should get. Thanks for the help!

Wish
2008-05-30, 12:46 PM
If you buy an Xbox 360, which I recommend you do! Then I think you better stick with the one you can afford (because your bank manager will hurt you more than anyone on Xbox Live) erm I had an Xbox 360 for two months, and played 17 games and spent about 80MB max for all saves, I had a 256MB memory card. I would suggest the Elite if you are not worried about your money budget and if you think Xbox 360 and Live will take over your life utterly and you never need to use anything else in the world except your controller. Get the Arcade for sure!

P.S I really don't like your avatar!

Jibar
2008-05-30, 12:51 PM
I've got an elite.
Apart from a bigger hard drive, you also get a HDMI cable and I get a much better quality picture from it than my friends (with regular XBoxs) do.
Also, black is sexy.

black dragoon
2008-05-30, 12:58 PM
I own an arcade and am quite content even without Live support.Memory is a little bit of an issue but nothing major.

Crispy Dave
2008-05-30, 01:00 PM
neither get the pro it has a 20 gig hard drive witch is plenty for dlc and a arcade games

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-30, 03:48 PM
I beg to differ crispy dave. Mainly due to all the crap that comes on the hardrives (mainly that which you cannot delete) You end up having a few GB eaten. Not even factoring that in, I've gone through about 40GB on my system and I only own 5 games.

Basically, If you have the money for it, get the Elite. That 120GB HD is definately worth it. I bought the Arcade and recieved the HD of x-mas. The memory card is really only good for saves. Maybe a couple DLC things. Theres also the accessories you get with the elite like the headset which just make it an even better buy.

Crispy Dave
2008-05-30, 04:05 PM
well i have the Halo 3 edition and it works great for me and I still have half my space left.

but dont get me wrong when im nearing the end of my time with my 360 my HD will defently be full and if that time comes to fast I will just go buy the larger HD

Mc. Lovin'
2008-05-30, 06:01 PM
P.S I really don't like your avatar!

*snif* I'll get right on to changing it :smallfrown:

So that HDMI cable, I assume it only makes the picture quality better if you have a HD TV?

Ranis
2008-05-30, 09:19 PM
If you get the regular hard drive'd edition of the 360, then decide later on that you'd like the bigger hard drive, it comes with conversion software in the package, so all you need to do is put the cable from a USB port on the front of your 360, the old hard drive on the 360 itself, and the new hard drive on the pad it comes with. All of your saves and everything are transferred, no problem, to the new, much bigger hard drive. You can then go take the old hard drive to a Gamestop and trade it in for credit to get a new game or points card or whatever you want.

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-30, 09:36 PM
If you get the regular hard drive'd edition of the 360, then decide later on that you'd like the bigger hard drive, it comes with conversion software in the package, so all you need to do is put the cable from a USB port on the front of your 360, the old hard drive on the 360 itself, and the new hard drive on the pad it comes with. All of your saves and everything are transferred, no problem, to the new, much bigger hard drive. You can then go take the old hard drive to a Gamestop and trade it in for credit to get a new game or points card or whatever you want.

Youre also forgetting the $180 price tag on the 120GB HD

Zovc
2008-05-30, 09:50 PM
The Arcade edition of the Xbox 360 is a terrible idea, it does not come with a hard drive.

All the storage you get is a memory card that already has five games on it.

I work at GameStop, and I always recommend the Professional bundle.

Dhavaer
2008-05-30, 09:54 PM
The arcade is fairly worthless from what I've heard. The store didn't have any pros in stock, so I ended up with an Elite. I'm very happy with it so far.

Zovc
2008-05-30, 09:57 PM
So that HDMI cable, I assume it only makes the picture quality better if you have a HD TV?

You actually won't be able to even use a HDMI if you don't have a HDTV and even then, it's possible you won't have a port for it.

I actually like the regular (3) HD connectors, because you can unplug one or mix them up to change the hue of everything and make it look funny.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-05-31, 04:49 AM
Okay, so get the premium version

Thanks for the help everyone! I had no clue

Zovc
2008-05-31, 11:51 AM
Just to make sure you get the right thing, it's the Professional bundle. I'm sure they would know what you were asking for, but clarity is always good.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-05-31, 03:09 PM
Just to make sure you get the right thing, it's the Professional bundle. I'm sure they would know what you were asking for, but clarity is always good.

Oh whoops, I checked on Wikipedia before phoning and it said premium, so I went with that. Im sure it's easier to figure out that Premium = Proffesional than Premium = Arcade.

Zovc
2008-05-31, 03:40 PM
Yeah, it is listed as the Premium on Wikipedia, although it says it's also called the Pro.

Perhaps they have the Premium in Europe and the Professional bundle in America or something like that?

You want the one with the white box and a (20GB) hard drive. :P