PDA

View Full Version : Penny Arcade/PvP 4th Edition Podcast

Scintillatus
2008-05-30, 02:20 PM
Listen and read here. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20080530&authentic=true)

Listening now, will give opinion shortly.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-30, 02:24 PM
Im signing up for a D&D insider account now so I can watch it.

"Jim Darkmagic"
"Jim?! Is it short for anything."
"Jimmy."

Scintillatus
2008-05-30, 02:29 PM
"You got a call from Blizzard: Fel is OUR word for dark magic. Cause it's fallen. Fel."

Xefas
2008-05-30, 02:44 PM
Fel Darkevil

I totally have the name for my first Aasimar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81659).

"I am Fel Darkevil! Champion of the righteous light!"

SamTheCleric
2008-05-30, 02:44 PM
Um, are they going through Keep on Shadowfell? I don't want spoilers!

EDIT: They -are- I've been through the encounter with Irontooth.

Farmer42
2008-05-30, 02:48 PM
"You actually loose dwarf abilities if you don't alliterate."

Edea
2008-05-30, 02:49 PM
Um, are they going through Keep on Shadowfell? I don't want spoilers!

EDIT: They -are- I've been through the encounter with Irontooth.

That settles it, I ain't listenin' :x.

Timberboar
2008-05-30, 02:54 PM
I didn't notice any spoilers for KotS. Besides which, it's obviously been rewritten for this playthrough.

Also: "I'm breaking my dice hymen!"

SamTheCleric
2008-05-30, 02:55 PM
Hmm, it may be modified KotS... but Winterhaven and Irontooth are both from it. :smallsmile:

"I'm eating a cheeseburger!"
"A felburger!"

RoboticSheeple
2008-05-30, 02:57 PM
That was amazing, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Farmer42
2008-05-30, 03:10 PM
I didn't notice any spoilers for KotS. Besides which, it's obviously been rewritten for this playthrough.

Also: "I'm breaking my dice hymen!"

"Why, why would you do that? I was going to take a picture and everything."

Scintillatus
2008-05-30, 03:17 PM
I have to say, this is one of the coolest D&D preview/advertisement things yet. I mean you've got three perspectives there - the lapsed TSR-era player, the hardcore player, and the beginner, all interacting with the rules and each other in a hilarious and awesome way. This is going to seriously rock.

Also, Mike Krahulik and I share an experience: our first combat rolls were natural 20s.

Cybren
2008-05-30, 03:35 PM
You know, I read on wikipedia that a popular form of media in Japan are just logs of people playing D&D and other RPGs

Farmer42
2008-05-30, 03:44 PM
I have to admit, it can often be fun, especially if the editor is good. Just look at the tellings of both Tucker's Kobolds and the gazebo stories.

Xsjado
2008-05-30, 03:51 PM
Im signing up for a D&D insider account now so I can watch it.

I keep reading this and it mentions it on the penny arcade entry as well, but I've never had to register to access any content. Is that just me or a flaw in the website?

Farmer42
2008-05-30, 03:52 PM
Well, if you're a forum member, you're auto registered.

Xsjado
2008-05-30, 04:03 PM
But, I'm not. I haven't registered for any WotC stuff because one look at the forum drama put me off. Weird.

Xefas
2008-05-30, 04:08 PM
But, I'm not. I haven't registered for any WotC stuff because one look at the forum drama put me off. Weird.

Your name starts with X as well, ergo you are my mortal enemy.

That said, I had the same thing happen to me before I signed up a month or so ago. Sometimes I could access all the members-only stuff on the site without doing anything, and sometimes it would lock me out like it should. No idea why. I eventually signed up, though.

UserClone
2008-05-30, 06:37 PM
"Can I roll to kill Irontooth?"

"...What?"

"Can I roll to... see if I kill Irontooth?"

"Well, um, actually, you guys haven't actually had any luck finding Irontooth yet."

Ah, newbs. Gotta love 'em.

Timberboar
2008-05-30, 06:50 PM
Your name starts with X as well, ergo you are my mortal enemy.

That said, I had the same thing happen to me before I signed up a month or so ago. Sometimes I could access all the members-only stuff on the site without doing anything, and sometimes it would lock me out like it should. No idea why. I eventually signed up, though.

All you have to do is add &authenticate=True to the end of the web address and it gives you access.

When someone links you the article, that flag is already in there, so you get to see the content ... and it keeps the cookie for a couple weeks, so... :smallamused:

Also, even if you don't have an account, you can just click on the log in button (without entering anything in the field) and it'll toss the flag on there for ya.

So... at least until DDI launches, the content isn't really members-only after all.

Edea
2008-05-30, 07:14 PM
Also, Mike Krahulik and I share an experience: our first combat rolls were natural 20s.

Mine was a 1. Uh-oh for this upcoming 4E campaign we're both in, I guess :3.

Lamoid
2008-05-30, 08:25 PM
So we know he has at least one tooth, and it is made of iron.

UserClone
2008-05-30, 08:36 PM
"Yeah, so hold on a second, let me write that down. Okay - let's see...Iron...Tooth. Okay, I got it."

LurkerInPlayground
2008-05-31, 11:09 PM
I loved the bit about the ratkings and owls. I loved Mike's rendition of his own character and his phobia of owls. . .with 40-foot wingspans. The bit about owls just eating your teeth out and flying away was suitably creepy as well.

It's amazing how the players were able to truck their own atmosphere around.

The Extinguisher
2008-05-31, 11:30 PM
"James Darkmagic III"

Also, I want a Kill and Gold Inc. in my next campaign. Just as a side joke.

LurkerInPlayground
2008-06-01, 01:57 PM
"Can I roll to kill Irontooth?"

"...What?"

"Can I roll to... see if I kill Irontooth?"

"Well, um, actually, you guys haven't actually had any luck finding Irontooth yet."

Ah, newbs. Gotta love 'em.
It's funny how he just has a talent for deadpanning these things and running with it:
"Perhaps you aren't familiar with how we Darkmagics do things. We don't **** around."

Mike's response to the idea of a ratking:
"That's horrifying."

InfiniteMiller
2008-06-01, 05:08 PM
"Come on! Why don't you just name yourself Chet Awesomelaser?"

Cuddly
2008-06-01, 05:10 PM
So the DM was a Wizards employee, the obnoxious one was Scott Kurtz, the newb was gabe, and the other one was Tycho? Right?