PDA

View Full Version : If you could meet an Internet Celebrity...

Haruki-kun
2008-05-30, 02:20 PM
The author of your favourite webcomic, a YouTube Celebrity, someone who's skilled in Flash Animation.... you name it! There's a bunch of people who became famous over the Internet.

So I wondered, if I could meet one of them, who would I choose? Personally, I think I'd love to meet littlekuriboh.

What does everyone else think? Who would you like to meet?

Collin152
2008-05-30, 02:26 PM
Ben Loka!
Ben Loka!

Ego Slayer
2008-05-30, 02:38 PM
Leeroy Jenkins, or Randall Munroe. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-30, 02:38 PM
A few choices :
The Giant(Rich)
Helge Kåre Fauskanger (The autor of Ardalambion.) (http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/)
Any decendents of J.R.R. Tolkien.(Thugh not internet celebrity's, meh)
Whoever started RadioRivendell.
Err. One catagory lower :
Zarah.
Shadow
Lord Herman.

potatocubed
2008-05-30, 02:41 PM
Kate Beaton. I love her comics.

Zakama
2008-05-30, 02:47 PM
The Sarcastic Gamer (www.sarcasticgamer.com) guys. They have an entertaining podcast, and it'd be fun to meet them.

Quincunx
2008-05-30, 02:54 PM
I'd organize that Pen Hen Party [Europe] I've been threatening to do for some time now. We might not be famous yet, but we would after traumatizing the male citizenry of the host country. . .

Alternately, go through the short list of people I've not met from Archmage and need to, and stab each one.

Dragonrider
2008-05-30, 02:56 PM
Without a doubt hands down, it would be John Green from the vlogbrothers (of YouTube). :smallbiggrin:

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-30, 03:14 PM
"Yahtzee". I've got a game concept in the works that I want to work with him on once I finish the rough draft.

Kaelaroth
2008-05-30, 03:22 PM
Oscar Wilde. Or Rich. Can I have both - they could go on the extra mini table I have at my fantasy dinner party?

Player_Zero
2008-05-30, 03:33 PM
"Yahtzee". I've got a game concept in the works that I want to work with him on once I finish the rough draft.

I also Yahtzee. So I could slap him for making so many bad jokes in with his good ones.

...Us of English birth should bring some damn wit to the table when we're making nob-gags!

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-30, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I'd like to hang out with yahtzee too just so I could school him at guitar hero.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-30, 03:39 PM
Littlekuriboh. Definitely. :smallbiggrin:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-30, 03:41 PM
Playgrounders, mostly. There are a few of them here that qualify as "internet celebrities" in my mind.

...other than that...unsure.

Woofsie
2008-05-30, 04:05 PM
The lightsaber kid. :smallamused:

Edit: Oh, and Maddox. Let us not forget Maddox.

Player_Zero
2008-05-30, 04:07 PM
Littlekuriboh. Definitely. :smallbiggrin:

Good plan. Then you can kidnap him and chain him to a PC in order to make him do nothing but update for a year. That'll teach him for not updating very often!

thubby
2008-05-30, 04:14 PM
masakoX or his partner (naruto TAS)

Diva De
2008-05-30, 04:18 PM
There's a few people here on the boards I'd like to meet.

Um, Rich Burlew, of course - whose name I noticed (happily) was a co-writer of one of my DnD books.

Tila Tequila - I wanna see if her head is as disproportionally large as it looks on TV.

Susil
2008-05-30, 04:18 PM
Jonathon Coulter!

He counts right?

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-30, 04:36 PM
Good plan. Then you can kidnap him and chain him to a PC in order to make him do nothing but update for a year. That'll teach him for not updating very often!

Good idea!
Susil, you mean Jonathan Coulton, right?

Dihan
2008-05-30, 04:43 PM
I want to meet Rick Astley so I can have my own, live, Rick Roll... If he counts...

MrEdwardNigma
2008-05-30, 04:49 PM
Lord Herman.

Well, there have been two meet-ups he was at in your country...

Also, I'd probably want to meet Bizarro, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, Ghastly and The Angry Video Games Nerd. Bunches of playgrounders too, off course.

Dave Rapp
2008-05-30, 04:49 PM
I'd like to see a panel made up of the 34 reported self-sufficient webcomic authors. I dunno how well that would work with that many people crammed together, but these guys are like the Justice League of The Internet. Randall Munroe, Scott Kurtz, Gabe and Tycho, Tim Buckley, Brian Clevinger... it's a freaking dream team. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-30, 04:53 PM
I want to meet Rick Astley so I can have my own, live, Rick Roll... If he counts...

I would take him to every one of my friends' houses and have him sing for them! It would be like an irritating memetastic singing telegram!

Mr. Moon
2008-05-30, 05:09 PM
I would take him to every one of my friends' houses and have him sing for them! It would be like an irritating memetastic singing telegram!

Screw that, I'd just drag him around with me and have him Rick Roll my friends whenever they disagree with me. :smallamused:

As for meeting one myself... Nah. I'd prefer to let them remain anonymous in my mind. Littlekuriboh is funny as hell, but I have other things to do than meet him. Like watching YGO Abriged, for instance. :smalltongue:

Dave Rapp
2008-05-30, 05:14 PM
Nah. I'd prefer to let them remain anonymous in my mind.

Such is the sad truth about Internet celebrities... no matter how awesome they may be OL, they tend to be much less so IRL. For example, ever seen Gabe and Tycho IRL?

http://i30.tinypic.com/34hcn11.jpg

*tries not to vomit*

Mordokai
2008-05-30, 05:20 PM
Tom Fulp, Wade and Dan Paladin.

Surely there are others, but these three are taking priority at the moment.

Renegade Paladin
2008-05-30, 05:34 PM
Zendulo.

Oh wait, I'm doing that already.

Never mind. :smalltongue:

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-30, 05:57 PM
Littlekuriboh is funny as hell, but I have other things to do than meet him. Like watching YGO Abridged, for instance. :smalltongue:

Littlekuriboh is so much awesome, have you seen this video? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5FXSZ61SU)
Seriously, someone should give him money for voice acting and writing.

Player_Zero
2008-05-30, 06:03 PM
Littlekuriboh is so much awesome, have you seen this video? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5FXSZ61SU)

That's cool, freaky, awesome, odd, funny, and makes me wonder why they were standing in the middle of the street while doing it.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-30, 06:09 PM
W T Snacks.

Either he is the saviour of that site, and, by extension, the health of the internet, or he's a creepy greasy-haired half-ferret thing.

Collin152
2008-05-30, 06:09 PM

He's human!
Gasp!

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-30, 06:33 PM
He's human!
Gasp!

I want to give him a hug!
But he's married. His proposal was the last video he made before youtube kicked him off. :smallannoyed:

Trog
2008-05-30, 06:36 PM
either of the Vlog brothers would be cool to meet.

Or Rich

Or HotForWords so I could ask her the origin of the word Troglodyte. :smalltongue:

Dryken
2008-05-30, 06:41 PM
Warren Ellis. Hands down. He's my favorite comic writer and self-proclaimed internet jesus. I have to love a man who writes something like this:

"Monkey-controlled robots have upgraded from leg control to arm control, it seems. I don’t consider this a useful advance. Monkeys are well known, after all, for, well… non-consensual sexual activities. And I frankly refuse to end my life desperately trying to fend off a monkey-powered robot fisting. I mean, is that really the future you wanted? "Day 184. Still can’t go outside. Monkeys waiting to fist me with robot arms." No. You’re not even going to get a jetpack with which to evade the mechanical rape arms of the Simian Love Patrol.

And even if you did, the monkeys would learn how to fly them."

Mr. Moon
2008-05-30, 06:41 PM

I would, but my parental controls block Youtube. *sighs*

Phae Nymna
2008-05-30, 07:56 PM
Moot, or maybe uh... um...

Amotis
2008-05-31, 01:06 AM
Moot, or maybe uh... um...

Met him. He's kinda hot.

I really want to meet Dorothy Gambrell of Cat and Girl (the webcomic) fame. Like coffee or something, I just want to hang with her.

reorith
2008-05-31, 01:31 AM
i would like to meet applemilk1988 at full force

Solo
2008-05-31, 01:34 AM
The author of your favourite webcomic, a YouTube Celebrity, someone who's skilled in Flash Animation.... you name it! There's a bunch of people who became famous over the Internet.

So I wondered, if I could meet one of them, who would I choose? Personally, I think I'd love to meet littlekuriboh.

In America.

Amotis
2008-05-31, 01:37 AM
i would like to meet applemilk1988

In...

Emily? Really? She's dumb tho. :P Giselle, man. Giselle.

ghost_warlock
2008-05-31, 01:58 AM
Jonathon Coulter!

He counts right?

Certainly, and I second this notion!

Also, I would like to meet PZ Myers.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-31, 02:07 AM
i would like to meet applemilk1988 at full force

W... wow ... man. That's pretty intense.

Poison_Fish
2008-05-31, 04:13 AM

I've met Maddox in person. He's creepily friendly.

Narmoth
2008-05-31, 06:57 AM
Bor The Barbarian Monk
Definetly Bor.

Failing that, some internet stars from the adult industry wouldn't bee that bad either.

bosssmiley
2008-05-31, 07:10 AM

That YouTube video can't be LittleKuriboh: the hair's way not mad enough. :smallwink:

Brits
Yatzhee
Jolly Jack

Pretendy Abroadlander Foreign Ghost Devil People
Trog :smallcool:
The Giant of...well, here
Randall Munroe of xkcd.com
O of commissionedcomic.com
Shamus Young of twentysided
Eric Burns of websnark & banter latte
David Morgan-Mar of irregular webcomic
Ursulav of metalandmagic.com & Gearworld fame

(yes, Eggy like pyramid-shaped lists)

Ivius
2008-05-31, 09:02 AM
Id have to second the Randal Munroe choice. xkcd is the best comic on the interweb.

If usenet counts, maybe Kibo.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-05-31, 05:12 PM
There's a few people here on the boards I'd like to meet.

Um, Rich Burlew, of course - whose name I noticed (happily) was a co-writer of one of my DnD books.

Tila Tequila - I wanna see if her head is as disproportionally large as it looks on TV.
I met her. She's really... what's a good word... slutty. Covers it about right. And surprisingly short (means a lot coming from me - I'm only 5'8", not very tall for a guy). And no, her head looks normal.

Trog
2008-05-31, 05:43 PM
Pretendy Abroadlander Foreign Ghost Devil People
Trog :smallcool:

Trog aint a celebrity. :smalleek:

Foreign Ghost Devil, maybe. :smalltongue:

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-31, 06:39 PM
For example, ever seen Gabe and Tycho IRL?

Thanks for ruining penny arcade. :smallbiggrin:

Personally, I wish to meet Anonymous.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-31, 06:42 PM
Personally, I wish to meet Anonymous.

I've met them. :P

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-31, 07:24 PM
I've met them. :P

Well, I know myself. I meant the dude with the green head. Like, the abstract.:smallwink:

Lupy
2008-05-31, 07:44 PM
Rich Burlew.

Player_Zero
2008-05-31, 08:04 PM
Well, I know myself. I meant the dude with the green head. Like, the abstract.:smallwink:

...Woah... I just read the wikipedia page on Anonymous. That's some good stuff right there. :smallbiggrin:

Anonymous only undertakes Serious Business.

I think that this page has a little bias. :smalltongue:

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-31, 08:05 PM
Rich, Oscar wilde, Little Kuriboh or Jick, Maker of KoL (off the top of my head)

Haruki-kun
2008-05-31, 10:10 PM
Randall Munroe of xkcd.com

GAH! :smalleek:

I can't believe I didn't think about him! He'd be awesome to meet, assuming he's just as random and sarcastic as he is in xkcd. :smallbiggrin:

Zarrexaij
2008-06-01, 05:51 PM
I want to meet Rick Astley so I can have my own, live, Rick Roll... If he counts...Dammit, you stole my thunder! :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Also, Maddox, because he's bad-ass.

Oscar wildeis wild!

I assume you mean the dead one who has all sorts of made-up quotes on Uncyclopedia. :smalltongue:

If so, I'm on the same page. I have a feeling Oscar and I would be great tea buddies.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-06-01, 05:54 PM
...eww, Maddox? >.<

If I had to meet an internet celebrity who wasn't a playgrounder...

...Shinga, author of Head Trip. Because she seems like an awesome fun person to be around.

Copacetic
2008-06-01, 08:39 PM
Bor. He's my Hero.

Count D20
2008-06-02, 02:54 AM
Probably Jonathon Coulton or the PHB PSA crew.

poleboy
2008-06-02, 05:29 AM
I guess he was kinda famous before the internet, but Lord British. Then I'd assassinate him :smallwink:

Or William Gibson.

Felixaar
2008-06-02, 05:57 AM

I'd almost pick Maddox just to choke him.

Have to be Brian Clevinger though, just so I could make a Wayne's World Reference.

We're not Worthy! We're not Worthy! We're Scum, We're SCUM!

EvilElitest
2008-06-02, 06:22 PM

oh yeah, that guy is great

Ben Croswshaw, and of course,

Playgrounders, mostly. There are a few of them here that qualify as "internet celebrities" in my mind.

...other than that...unsure
EE

What?!
from
EE

Shadow
2008-06-03, 01:33 AM
A few choices :
The Giant(Rich)
Helge Kåre Fauskanger (The autor of Ardalambion.)
Any decendents of J.R.R. Tolkien.(Thugh not internet celebrity's, meh)
Whoever started RadioRivendell.
Err. One catagory lower :
Zarah.
Shadow
Lord Herman.I feel loved!
Although I think you may have misunderstood the question....
I'm no celebrity, by any stretch of the imagination.

SilverSheriff
2008-06-03, 02:24 AM
littlekuriboh or Neil Cicierega.

Hell Puppi
2008-06-03, 02:29 AM
I guess he was kinda famous before the internet, but Lord British. Then I'd assassinate him :smallwink:

Or William Gibson.

Pfffftt...you'd have to get in line behind me and a few thousand others to stab Lord British. (You wouldn't believe how much time I spent on UO...I still don't believe it).

Hmmm I think I'd like to meet Spike (she writes Templar, Arizona) or maybe HBK, who does the Berserk abridged series.
The only problem is I know myself. I've met Jhonen Vasquez and the guys who do Penny Arcade. Actually I got a sketch 2 years in a row from Penny Arcade at Comic-con, and both times they tried to engage me in conversation. I could only squeak in terror and run. I have no doubt that's exactly what I'd do if I met anyone else I considered famous.

Jhonen V, BTW, is made of complete awesome.

@below- I've met Jeph, he's a really nice guy. One of my friends brought a picture of his wife in her wedding dress and Jeph did a sketch for him. They have it framed in their living room.

Alarra
2008-06-03, 06:12 PM
Ryan Sousa, Jeph Jaques, Randal Munroe

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-03, 06:59 PM
Thinking about it, some of the OotSers are worthy of the 'net celeberty title. I'am looking at you bor!