PDA

View Full Version : Lineage

sycross
2008-05-30, 04:47 PM
Hi,

My name is Ray Li, and I am a 16-year-old high school student. For a class in Critical Thinking, we are required to complete a semester-long, independent-study project. For my project, I chose to finish and market a board game which I have been working on for a while. The game is called Lineage. It is a two-player, abstract strategy game.

My website is www.lineageboards.com. I would appreciate it if you could visit it and give me some feedback on what you think of the game and the site.

Thanks

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-01, 01:40 AM
You do know there's a MMORPG that's called Lineage? Don't you? With this title people are most likely going to think its that game... I'l check it out anyway...

Edit : To much rules and to complicated for a board game. And with those balls? How come they don't go off the board when the table shakes or something? Maybe dent the board at cross-sections?

bobothegoat
2008-06-01, 05:09 AM
They stay on the board because they're not balls. They're glass beads/stones. The bottom of them is flat.

sycross
2008-06-25, 07:29 PM
You do know there's a MMORPG that's called Lineage? Don't you? With this title people are most likely going to think its that game... I'l check it out anyway...

Edit : To much rules and to complicated for a board game. And with those balls? How come they don't go off the board when the table shakes or something? Maybe dent the board at cross-sections?
Hi, sorry for taking so long to respond.

I was not aware of the MMORPG until a while after naming the game... And now I am kind of stuck with it. Also, you may find the game to be complicated based on the board (which is a lot to take in at first), but this game actually has less rules than any strategy board game I know... except maybe checkers. I designed the game to be simple, and, for the most part, it is.

As the post above me stated, the pieces are not balls, they are flat at the bottom.