PDA

View Full Version : It's an Addams

hiryuu
2008-05-30, 08:33 PM
This particular block of....something was born out of joking around since the movie was running in the living room. Mostly, it's just a new subtype.

Humanoid (Addams): An Addams is a Humanoid with the Addams subtype. This subtype grants them the following abilities.
An Addams gains a +4 bonus on saving throws against poison, paralysis, death, stunning, sleep effects, necromantic effects, ability drain, energy drain, and ability damage.
An Addams gains a +4 bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects.
An Addams does not breathe, eat, or sleep, but they can if they want to or it is humorously appropriate.
An Addams takes damage from positive energy and heals when exposed to negative energy.
An Addams can be turned and rebuked (but not destroyed or controlled) as though they were undead four hit dice higher.
An Addams gains hit points, skill points, and proficiencies from class levels as opposed to undead hit dice.

It's an Addams!: An Addams can only be unwillingly killed. If an Addams dies from self-inflicted wounds or wounds inflicted upon it because it wanted to, say, for an example, immerse itself in boiling oil, it remains dead until the end of the encounter, at which point, it's fine again and nobody noticed that anything out of the ordinary has occurred. This ability does not function in combat.

Kizara
2008-05-30, 09:44 PM
I'd use vampire, and take away most special abilities, skill bonuses and feats. Maybe re-flavor the ressurection ability.

Icewalker
2008-05-31, 02:38 AM
You need to write it a little more definitely, some vague or bad mechanics in there. Primarily rephrasing. You can't use in/out of combat in dnd because it is too hard to define, for one.

Bhu
2008-05-31, 04:29 AM
As a fan of the old comic strips you have the kitties undying support :smallsmile:

Evil DM Mark3
2008-05-31, 04:41 AM
I quite like it from a tonge in check perspective. Depending on which Addams family we look at there may also be scope for a choice of one of a list of abilities to represent Gomeze's auto-numeracy or Mortica's smoking.

Also an alignment Often Good should be included here, if alignment is used. After all, morbid and Gothic though they are, they are really quite nice people, much nicer than many of the "normal" humans we see.

hiryuu
2008-05-31, 10:32 AM
You need to write it a little more definitely, some vague or bad mechanics in there. Primarily rephrasing. You can't use in/out of combat in dnd because it is too hard to define, for one.

What, your GM doen't have the ability to adjudicate? Besides, it seems pretty simple to me. Did the GM just call for an initiative roll or roll it for someone? Congratulations, combat has started.

Wait, you actually this was a completely serious post for something that will be used in a game?

I quite like it from a tonge in check perspective. Depending on which Addams family we look at there may also be scope for a choice of one of a list of abilities to represent Gomeze's auto-numeracy or Mortica's smoking.

Or Pugsley's ability to hang on to tree branches with his teeth.

Either way, this thing is not serious. Read "born from an inside joke" and relax, everybody...

Evil DM Mark3
2008-06-01, 04:52 AM
Either way, this thing is not serious. Read "born from an inside joke" and relax, everybody...

Repeat to yourself its just a game
I really should relax!
La La La!