PDA

View Full Version : 4e impressions

InfernalWarlock
2008-05-31, 09:14 AM
how does everyone feel now that we've seen 4e? minds changed? opinions confirmed?

Zocelot
2008-05-31, 09:21 AM
You know, if you actually read the forum, you'd pretty much get your question answered.

Starbuck_II
2008-05-31, 09:24 AM
how does everyone feel now that we've seen 4e? minds changed? opinions confirmed?

We don't all have the books yet.

OwlbearUltimate
2008-05-31, 09:24 AM
You know, if you actually read the forum, you'd pretty much get your question answered.

That basically sums it up. Check out some other threads for 4e opinions and stuff like that, there are tons of them :smalltongue:

SamTheCleric
2008-05-31, 09:27 AM
According to this (http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=228271) poll over at enworld...

Only about 2% of people polled actually had their mind changed towards the negative. About 10% of people had their mind changed to the positive.

Overall, around 92% of the people polled will be getting fourth edition.

Nebo_
2008-05-31, 09:29 AM
Just what we need: Another thread asking if people like 4e.

Tough_Tonka
2008-05-31, 09:30 AM
My hopes that there would be more balance in the system seem to be meet after reading up on each class. I mean, it has Rangers on par with other classes.

Kurald Galain
2008-05-31, 09:36 AM
Just what we need: Another thread asking if people like 4e.

Perhaps we should have a thread asking if people like threads asking them about 4E?

Seriously though, with the sheer amount of previews available, I doubt that many people changed their mind at the last minute. The enworld poll appears to confirm this.

ghost_warlock
2008-05-31, 09:37 AM
Perhaps we should have a thread asking if people like threads asking them about 4E?

I don't know, but I suddenly have an urge to get some ice cream.

InfernalWarlock
2008-05-31, 09:49 AM
well do you all know about the leak? the books are availible on line at a certain site that i would guess hates ninjas *cough*

ShadowSiege
2008-05-31, 10:15 AM
well do you all know about the leak? the books are availible on line at a certain site that i would guess hates ninjas *cough*

Yeah, we do. A few days ago people found out about the leak and there was a 15+ page discussion originally on one person getting his hardcopies, then eventually everyone just discussing the leaked material. It was, for the most part, a very civil discourse, which is a strange thing indeed on the intarwebs.

Leon
2008-05-31, 10:43 AM
Played it today to find out what we need to know when we Demo it next week, i can say that i am not really impressed - it has some cool things (like not being sosquishy at lvl 1) but also bogs down to some utter tedium (the mage player basicly got stuck casting magic missile a lot, clerical healing is ok - until people run out of healing surges, the Fighter abilites were quite nice, some of the others were ok too - tho it has a HEAVY reliance on a battle grid

"Everything attacks" it has and upside and a downside - Can crit (Fire trap killed the Human Fighter outright with 30 damage) and can miss the most unabvoidable attack (falling into a pool of flaming oil)

I may be demoing it but thats all (aside from DDM2) that i'll be doing with it - iunless someone else gets it and runs one - then its their money spent