PDA

View Full Version : [Giggles] My issue with our new puppet lord

Bleen
2008-05-31, 03:19 PM
I don't think I'll be converting to the new puppet god.

I feel that, under Banjo's divine rule, things were more interesting and realistic. The enemies of His divine word were more than just an endless number to be slaughtered. They were beings just like us, with interesting and full personalities. Remember that time a foul temptress came into Neophyte Gronk's room and tried to seduce him to the side of evil? Our new foes can't do that any more. They're nothing like us, despite seeming to be that way. We orcs have little way of knowing what to expect of our enemies without being explicitly told what to look for.

All Giggles' new book of commandments seems to focus on is fighting our enemies. What will we violent and bloodthirsty Orcs who constantly wage war upon the other races do when we are at peace? Furthermore, Giggles implies that there are foes significantly weaker than us that we could splay open with a single lunge from a sword, or one swift wallop with our clubs, yet could still cause significant harm to us with their own weapons if not dealt with properly.

Banjo was more realistic. He taught us a more fair and understandable way of life; such as how one may continue fighting as long as his "Hit points", the divine measurement for one's well-being, were greater than zero, or how some of his higher Shamans could freeze time by calling out a series of strange words and waving their hands around. And on the topic of our Shamans, I feel they were fine they way they are. Sure, Banjo offered them some extra options, but their ability to choose a path in their intense ancestor-worship is what set them apart for our more warlike tribesmen, who were allowed a fully-equal selection of options, such as how hard to stab or club their enemies. Or whether they should stab or club their enemies. Or which enemy to club or stab. It wasn't like our Shamans were able to do anything that let them lord over us and make us feel inadequate, right?

I feel that Chief Grukgruk is making a mistake by accepting this new version of puppet god. He is too fighting-oriented and is unrealistic. We should stay with old puppet god, Banjo. All our new puppet god does is talk about how we need "more pigs."

Roderick_BR
2008-05-31, 03:47 PM
Too much talk. Giggles smites follower of Banjo with stick.

Kato
2008-05-31, 04:24 PM
Man talk funny. Giggle true god of orcs! Giggle smites blasphemist!

Naw, to be honest... I also think banjo's better. He's just the older one and has way more experience in being worshiped ^^

Bleen
2008-05-31, 04:52 PM
:smallfrown: fellow tribe members not understand metaphor.

Moff Chumley
2008-05-31, 04:58 PM
when banjo and giggle's prophets wage war, everyone know giggles wins. the stooges outnumber bozo and ronald mcdonald two to... three to... by alot.

Lupy
2008-05-31, 08:16 PM
lupy think banjo better friend too orcs too. lupy like trogdor better than both. lupy think him smite anyone who dissagrees.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-31, 08:27 PM
The part that gets me a little is when Elan found enough time to make him, and... when he took so many ranks in "Craft: Divine Puppet".

That being said, I support Banjo, and I'm not an orc.
Seriously, in all of my campaigns lately, all my PCs, DMPCs, and NPCs have had their Diety be Banjo.

bahamut920
2008-05-31, 08:37 PM
My main concern about Giggles is that all of the tribesmen who worship him are going to feel pretty much the same. Under Banjo, everyone did different things. Honestly, I kind of feel like everything under Giggles is going to kind of look alike. Yes, Giggles seems to be trying hard to give everyone their own role without making anyone too strong by default, but all it seems to have done is create a kind of sameness between everyone.

Well, I'll still give worshiping Giggles a try, and soon. We'll see how it goes. I might be converted yet.

(And I got your analogy, Bleen... :smalltongue:)

Firestar27
2008-05-31, 09:16 PM
at first firestar27 like metaphors. he understands metaphors. but now he loves metaphors. new EDITION of book to figure out metaphors really good. firestar27 like new edition of book to figure out metaphors. even though it long title, firestar2 still like it.

that is right metaphor, right?

Firestar27
2008-05-31, 09:20 PM
The part that gets me a little is when Elan found enough time to make him, and... when he took so many ranks in "Craft: Divine Puppet".

Seriously, in all of my campaigns lately, all my PCs, DMPCs, and NPCs have had their Diety be Banjo.

you don't talk like orc, but you have "diety". you can't mean "deity". all non-orcs spell right and do grammar good. but why would all npcs be on diet?

Bleen
2008-05-31, 09:26 PM
that is right metaphor, right?

bleen think that close enough.
bleen also wonder if converts of newer puppet god could add to conversation. bleen like that people agree with him, but feel not enough interesting of constructive discussion arrive out of 'preaching to choir'.

Skyserpent
2008-06-01, 05:15 AM
Me agree too. Me hear there is no Bard in Giggles Edition Worship! Bard may come back later but me am still angry. Me am want RAGE! oh wait... there's no Barbairan either... Me am think hilarious parody suddenly am run out.

((This whole thing is a joke about what's going down on the Gaming d20 and Other RPG forum for those of you who don't get it.))

Also: Me am think Shaman on the Coast am sell out. :smallbiggrin:

krossbow
2008-06-01, 01:16 PM
I personally think that Worshipers of banjo and giggles can put aside their differences and settle things peacably in an annual pie eating contest. The winner will obviously prove their God's superiority in Pie eating that year (as he allowed his champion to win), and the followers of that deity will gain control of the Orc house of commons for the year.

Kato
2008-06-01, 01:58 PM
I personally think that Worshipers of banjo and giggles can put aside their differences and settle things peacably in an annual pie eating contest. The winner will obviously prove their God's superiority in Pie eating that year (as he allowed his champion to win), and the followers of that deity will gain control of the Orc house of commons for the year.

Woho, someone found out the best way to solve all the wars in the world! ^^ I'll be in for Banjo!

Logalmier
2008-06-01, 02:23 PM
logalmier think logalmiers name to long

But I agree with you, I wish that giggles had stayed with Elan, THEN lets see if his DE reading still comes up as "still not evil".

Arcadius798
2008-06-01, 04:33 PM
fools! do you know realize what you're doing!? this very argument i hoped would be put off, but this could very well rip the Forums asunder! total chaos would reign! hear me out by saying this could be a touchy and dangerous arguement!

*panting*

now that this is aside... i personally think now that Giggles has been introduced, we're probably not going to see too much of him as we go along, i personally think he's just a distraction so the group can move on.

Beholder1995
2008-06-01, 04:44 PM
((This whole thing is a joke about what's going down on the Gaming d20 and Other RPG forum for those of you who don't get it.))

Ah... thanks for clearing that up. And to the OP: are you saying that The Giant is leaving a message in the new comic, or are you just expressing your own gaming thoughts on the OotS forums?

Skyserpent
2008-06-01, 07:02 PM
Ah... thanks for clearing that up. And to the OP: are you saying that The Giant is leaving a message in the new comic, or are you just expressing your own gaming thoughts on the OotS forums?

I'm not the OP as far as I can tell though, judging from the nature of the post: It's merely meant as a satire of the crazy crap going on about 4e. I think it may be reading too much into it if we think this is a secret message from the Giant... Though, knowing him: who knows?

Tass
2008-06-04, 01:09 AM

Said by an orc in the playground.

Pie Guy
2008-06-04, 07:03 AM
Pie Guy annticipate pie eating contest.