PDA

View Full Version : The Help Raider Regain Composure Thread

Raider
2008-05-31, 03:56 PM
Hello fellow fellows in the Playground, great weather today in Cincinnati.

School ended yesterday, middle school is actually now over for me. I'm moving on to bigger and better things at the High school apparently. My favorite teacher of all time that I had for two years is still at the middle school.

Now lets call her Mrs. Teach. Mrs. Teach was an amazing English teacher that invoked Raider's creativity and inspired him too win quite a few writing competitions in Ohio. He loved this teacher for all of her jokes and sillyness. All of her random cookie days and other fun times brightened his life. She is gone now....she wrote each student a goodbye that when she read it made the whole class burst into tears. This woman was a master of the language.

How do I get over losing such a great teacher of more than just English?

Then there's the looming thread of high school. I have so much intimidating summer homework for an all honors schedule and numerous other activities...plus most of the kids are 3 times my size which doesnt help in an overcrowded school. I havent heard great things about the teachers in Freshman year so wont experience another Mrs Teach anytime soon.

Many of my friend's are leaving for other schools, I have most of their numbers but some of them have been with me since day one of kindergarten. It feels like I've missed so many opportunites. I feel like I've wasted so much time and things to make my childhood more memorable. I feel like I've missed out on so many stories I could be telling my grandchildren one day about when I was there age.

If someone could pull me out of this "funk" it would be greatly appreciated. O and cookies upon request.

Trog
2008-05-31, 05:17 PM
Ahh... good old days in Cincinnati... :smallsmile:

*pulls up a chair next to Raider, pours an ice cold draft root beer for each of them. Takes a big swig and now has a foamy mustache which flaps a little each time he talks*

No Raider you're much too young to worry about what you'll tell the grandkids so lets bring the focus back to the now, mkay? :smallwink:

*siiiiiiip. Foamstache waggle*

Change happens all the time throughout life. It is unavoidable. And it may be hard to face at times but it's not always bad. You should be thankful that you had a chance to have a teacher like Mrs. Teach at all. Many students go their whole academic career and never really find someone they find inspirational.

If you feel you want to do something memorable then you have a prime opportunity to do it over the summer. Do things with friend you know you might not see much of next year. Or just make a list of stuff you'd like to do and then do something off that list each day.

One thing's for sure kid and that's the years go faster the older you get. Never met anyone who told me they felt differently. So carpe diem. Seize the day.

*finishes root beer. wipes off foamstache with forearm. Pats on the back.*

Now get out there and enjoy yourself. You're young. And you know it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Oh... and here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo).

Raider
2008-05-31, 07:03 PM
*Hugs Trog*

That actually helped alot. Thank you for your counsel. Thread over, I'm going to go drink a 12 pack and stay up all night playing Halo 3 :smallbiggrin:

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-31, 07:28 PM
Thread over, I'm going to go drink a 12 pack and stay up all night playing Halo 3

As an irresponsible adult, I heartily endorse this.

Well, I'm legaly an adult. In England. Grrrr.

Seriously, Trog seems to have said everything I would. Better. Good Trog.
When life gets you down, theink about the good stuff.

Gaelbert
2008-05-31, 07:43 PM
I'm only a sophomore in high school, soon to be a junior.
When I left middle school, I felt terrible. I was crying and crushed and everything. Then I got to high school, and so far it's been a lot more fun.
Don't worry about wasted opportunities. You still have 4 or so more years to do incredibly stupid and fun things that you can look back on with regret. And high school is a prime time to do those things. My motto is that I'm going to regret my teenage years if I can look back on them without regretting anything.

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-31, 08:11 PM
I wish I could help, but my middle school experiance is hell :smallannoyed:. But I can say this: There is no bad endings becuase there is no endings. I mean this as in you life changes, but no matter how bad things seem, they are good. This probly makes no sense right now, but belive me. It will.