PDA

View Full Version : Seems Banjo is forming a pantheon...

tahu88810
2008-05-31, 05:49 PM
We now have a nemesis to Banjo.
Giggles is to Banjo as Hades is to Zeus...or something like that.
What kind of puppet do you think Banjo's consort will be? My guess is a rogue...

Lupy
2008-05-31, 06:03 PM
Banjo is Chaotic good (I think), is Giggles Chaotic Evil? And is Giggles also partially controlled by his wearer?

Firestar27
2008-05-31, 09:46 PM
Giggles isn't evil. He's just rivals with Banjo. Giggles is more like Chaotic Neutral.

FoE
2008-05-31, 09:46 PM
Where does Banjulhu fit in all this?

Time to make a puppet pantheon!

krossbow
2008-05-31, 10:07 PM
Wha?

Zeus and Hades aren't at odds; You're just being confused by the western view that ruler of underworld == evil.

Hades was a fairly neutral, if morose God; Hell, if anything Zeus was the bastard. He did far more evil acts than Hades, and don't even get started on his wife.
On most things the Three brothers worked together, though Zeus always was a bit of a jerk to them.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-05-31, 10:15 PM
is Giggles Chaotic Evil?

An evil clown...is there any other kind? Seriously, they should both have access to the Old-Fashioned-Childhood-Nightmare-Fuel Domain.

Lycan 01
2008-05-31, 11:14 PM
Banjulhu is the evil one, IMO.

Banjo = good
Giggles = neutral
Banjulhu = evil

I wonder what's next?

Revlid
2008-06-01, 08:10 AM
Banjulhu is the evil one, IMO.

Banjo = good
Giggles = neutral
Banjulhu = evil

I wonder what's next?

Banjo = Chaotic Good
Banjulhu = True Neutral
Giggles = Chaotic Evil
Puppet Civil Liberties Union = Lawful Neutral

Kato
2008-06-01, 10:43 AM
I'd rather go with:

Banjo = Chaotic Good
Banjulhu = Neutral Evil
Giggles = Chaotic Neutral
Puppet Civil Liberties Union = Lawful Evil (cause that's what all the lawyers are)

Also I think there is a need for some other goddesses... like a true neutral goddess of... hehe... fertility ^^ Or some lawful good Paladin... Naw, we had enough of them, but something alike.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-06-01, 12:01 PM
Where does the Sad-Crying-Clown-In-An-Iron-Lung fit into all this?

MReav
2008-06-01, 12:05 PM
We now have a nemesis to Banjo.
Giggles is to Banjo as Hades is to Zeus...or something like that.
What kind of puppet do you think Banjo's consort will be? My guess is a rogue...

Zeus and Hades were never nemeses.... they never had so much of a friendly rivalry (maybe a disagreement over Persephone, but that's it)

Maybe Ares and Athena would be better representatives of rivals in Greek myth, or Athena, Hera and Aphrodite after that apple incident.

I think Banjo would have a mighty steed that's a sock puppet.

And I think Banjo's consort would be another clown puppet.

Logalmier
2008-06-01, 02:50 PM
How dare you people deny giggle's evilism?!? Prepare to be thwacked!

*THWACK* *THWACK*

Grey Watcher
2008-06-01, 02:55 PM
Where does the Sad-Crying-Clown-In-An-Iron-Lung fit into all this?

Thanks, now I'm going to have "Vesti la giubba" stuck in my head all day....

Beholder1995
2008-06-01, 03:22 PM
Hmmm... we have a blue puppet (banjo), an orange puppet (giggles), and a green/purple puppet (banjhulu). We need either a yellow puppet or a red puppet. My idea? Noodles, the yellow puppet god.

On the alignment thing:

Banjo- CG
Giggles- CN
Banjhulhu- NE

Also, what's the puppet civil liberties union?

NeonRonin
2008-06-01, 04:24 PM
It seems to me the only proper 'evil' puppet to introduce would be one who happens to have been around far longer than Banjo or Giggles. And that would be...

Mr. Punch!

Of Punch and Judy fame. I don't have a link to the classic Punch and Judy scripts, but this puppet quite literally got away with murder. Multiple times. And he's got a crooked nose and a hunchback, and dresses in red... the perfect eeeeevil foil for the Clown brothers, Banjo and Giggles.

Comments, concerns?

TheNovak
2008-06-01, 04:25 PM
Based soley on Giggle's evil, snarling frown, I gotta say he's CE.

We didn't really see what Banjulthu's all about, but he probably causes destruction and madness without bias to good or evil, so my guess is CN.

I don't know if Lawful gods are possible in a puppet-clown pantheon.

Chronos
2008-06-01, 05:32 PM
We do at least know that Banjo is definitively not evil, since he shows up with a greenish tint under Lien's Detect Evil.

Beholder1995
2008-06-01, 05:52 PM
We do at least know that Banjo is definitively not evil, since he shows up with a greenish tint under Lien's Detect Evil.

It wasn't a greenish tint, it was just the paladin-ray. If we ignore the fact that Banjo's an inanimate object, Lien wasn't focusing on the puppet, so she didn't get a reading at all. So we still can't conclude Banjo's alignment.

Also, if a pantheon is forming, I wanna see some smiting!

CarpeGuitarrem
2008-06-01, 06:21 PM
Giggles is clearly Chaotic Chaotic. It's a new alignment.

Red XIV
2008-06-01, 07:31 PM
If we ignore the fact that Banjo's an inanimate object
If Zykon's crown can register as Evil, then a puppet god can register as Good (if that's its alignment).

Beholder1995
2008-06-01, 07:36 PM
Right. But the reason Xykon's (nomagical) crown registered as evil is because Xykon's evilness rubbed off on it. Unless Elan's goodness rubs off on Banjo, he (Banjo) still won't register as anything.

PaladinFreak
2008-06-01, 07:57 PM
I would agree, except that Banjo appears to be able to smite the nonbelievers. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0080.html)

Siosilvar
2008-06-01, 08:20 PM
Bard. With maximum ranks in Perform (Comedy) instead of Perform (String Instruments).

Lupy
2008-06-01, 08:48 PM
Ahem, ahem, as you should know Banjo and Giggles are in fact part of the Internrtia pantheon, which is:

Banjo-CG
TROGDOR THE BURNiNATOR!!!-TN (allowing all alignment followers)
Giggles- CN with extreme chaotic tendencies
Banjuhulu-CE
Wiki-Pedia-LN
Microsoftius-LE
Jeeves-LG

Sequinox
2008-06-01, 09:16 PM
Also, if a pantheon is forming, I wanna see some smiting!

You made me do it. Check out my sig.

Logalmier
2008-06-01, 09:29 PM
It seems to me the only proper 'evil' puppet to introduce would be one who happens to have been around far longer than Banjo or Giggles. And that would be...

Mr. Punch!

Of Punch and Judy fame. I don't have a link to the classic Punch and Judy scripts, but this puppet quite literally got away with murder. Multiple times. And he's got a crooked nose and a hunchback, and dresses in red... the perfect eeeeevil foil for the Clown brothers, Banjo and Giggles.

Comments, concerns?

I am totally worshiping Punch now.:smallamused:

Raging Gene Ray
2008-06-01, 09:42 PM
Banjo and Giggles are in fact part of the Internetia pantheon.

Shouldn't the Potter Puppet Pals (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqTHmzMk0Cw) figure into that...including Dumbledore, puppet god of Magic, Nudity, and Magical Nudity?

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-06-01, 09:43 PM
Hmmm... we have a blue puppet (banjo), an orange puppet (giggles), and a green/purple puppet (banjhulu). We need either a yellow puppet or a red puppet. My idea? Noodles, the yellow puppet god.

On the alignment thing:

Banjo- CG
Giggles- CN
Banjhulhu- NE

Also, what's the puppet civil liberties union?

This Guy (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0137.html)

Always glad to be of help!

Beholder1995
2008-06-02, 05:57 AM
I would agree, except that Banjo appears to be able to smite the nonbelievers. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0080.html)

Again, I think that's Elan, using Banjo as a focus.

@Sequinox: Nice.

@SurfingHalfOrc: Thanks.

and...uh...@Lupy:...interesting.