PDA

View Full Version : The New Pantheon

Savageman
2008-05-31, 06:43 PM
Everyone remember RC mentioning to O-chul (with regard to the Snarl) that he "heard the gods had a hand in it"?
And even earlier, during Shojo's exposition, the gods are plainly seen to be less powerful than the Snarl, and are even afraid of it?
Well, who wants to bet...

...that the new Pantheon, headed by Banjo and Giggles, will be the ultimate undoing of the Snarl? With their tomfoolery and power (plus only sort-of being gods) they could do what no god could do (and few mortals would ever be strong enough to do).
Destroy the Snarl!
I want to see it. I know you do to.

Sir_Elderberry
2008-05-31, 06:53 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. A little perspective here. They are still just puppets. They cannae even eat pie.

someonenonotyou
2008-05-31, 07:02 PM
Are you saying Banjo is not a god? you shall be smited

Lupy
2008-05-31, 07:24 PM
I think Banjo will gain a modest following, along with his rival Giggles, but neither of them will ever compare to their brother... TROGDOR!!!

I think Banjo might have a comic effect on the battle, maybe smiting Nale and blinding him temporarily? Not more than that.

ishnar
2008-06-01, 05:45 AM
I don't think there can be any bigger joke than the Clown brothers saving the universe.

Kato
2008-06-01, 10:26 AM
I really like the idea... hehe... you know, like a giant Banjo and giant Giggles hitting the Snarl in an all slapstick manor continusly until it vanishes... very, very nice, hehe ^^

Beholder1995
2008-06-01, 01:01 PM
I think Banjo will gain a modest following, along with his rival Giggles, but neither of them will ever compare to their brother... TROGDOR!!!

I think Banjo might have a comic effect on the battle, maybe smiting Nale and blinding him temporarily? Not more than that.

Who is this Trogdor? I wish to learn more...

I think this whole banjo-giggles thing, if it doesn't wither away into memory, will erupt in holy war between Orcs and all the other civilized races. That would be interesting for our heroes to contend with. It would also be all Elan's fault.

krossbow
2008-06-01, 01:13 PM
I'm just waiting for the paladins of Banjo or giggles to show up.

mroozee
2008-06-01, 01:35 PM
Which characters have we seen that is dim enough to follow Banjo's (and now Giggles') light? How grand of a crusade can they wage?

True believers: Elan (happy ending foretold), the orcs
Willing to follow for other reasons: Haley, Belkar, Therkla?
Potential believers: Thog, MITD

Plus, Odin likes puppets. So they probably can't take the Snarl, but the New Pantheon could potentially rival Xykon's forces in terms of power. Has anyone bothered to power-rank the various factions or at least the characters?

Izodor
2008-06-01, 01:45 PM
You know, this could even be the ultimate ending of OotS. In the final comic I can really see Banjo and Giggles join up and have their cleric, Elan, destroy the Snarl.

Arkenputtyknife
2008-06-01, 01:46 PM
http://www.homestarrunner.com/trogdor.html

Kato
2008-06-01, 02:10 PM
Hehe... Trogdor's not even worth for Banjo's mount :P (still, he's got something...)

Logalmier
2008-06-01, 02:33 PM

shaman vurkle no want to see giggles share pan-tho-nee-an with stupid banjo! giggles to good for that, giggles wap banjo over head with big ol' slapstick! ( beside, giggles to busy eating pie to save world)

Beholder1995
2008-06-01, 03:00 PM
http://www.homestarrunner.com/trogdor.html

aaand.... this creature has a following?.... :smallconfused:

Arkenputtyknife
2008-06-01, 04:04 PM
aaand.... this creature has a following?.... :smallconfused:
So it seems. Or it's some other Trogdor of which I was previously unaware.

holywhippet
2008-06-01, 05:10 PM
It's only idle speculation, but I wonder if Elan's puppet pantheon might be a replacement for the pantheon that was killed by the Snarl - nature does abhor a vacuum after all. Alternately, they could contain some of the remaining spirit of the fallen gods.

PaladinFreak
2008-06-01, 08:08 PM
Admittedly, that would be hilarious. On the otherhand, my initial reaction to it was "No. Just... No."

CarpeGuitarrem
2008-06-01, 10:52 PM
Hahahaha...that's awesome. I dub this the Thread of Awesomeness +1.

Red XIV
2008-06-02, 12:45 AM
It's only idle speculation, but I wonder if Elan's puppet pantheon might be a replacement for the pantheon that was killed by the Snarl - nature does abhor a vacuum after all. Alternately, they could contain some of the remaining spirit of the fallen gods.
Interesting concept. Highly improbable, but highly improbable things happen in this comic.

Savageman
2008-06-03, 12:41 AM
The Snarl has at last burst free from it’s multi-dimensional prison. It has torn it’s way through the feeble bars of the universe and at last stands poised to leap into creation, destroy the world again, and find those gods that imprisoned it for so long.

On the field of battle, standing resolute, are our heroes. The Order of the Stick are already weary and battle-worn. Redcloak lies not far from Xykon, dying. The lich himself is gone for good, struck down by the combined efforts of a redeemed Redcloak and the Order. The hobgoblins, formerly a fearsome army prepared to take revenge for their fallen leader, have fled, with some few gazing in awe at the beginning of the end that is even now expanding, surveying creation with eyes that hold only hate.

Haley and Elan grip one another’s hands tightly, gaining courage from their shared love. Roy stands, resurrected at last, encouraging his party even as fear builds in him and demands he submit. Durkon trusts in the strength of Thor, and, steely-eyed, asks his god for the power to strike down the abomination. Belkar, bloody and almost on death’s door, laughs manically, and draws his weapons.

Roy: Whatever happens, whether we live or die, we can’t let the Snarl get any farther. We can do this. We can save the world.
Durkon: Aye, lad! Let this thing stand afore Thor!
Elan (breaking apart from Haley to stand beside Roy): Yeah! Let’s beat this mean-old meany head…

Vaarsuvius flies in and lands beside Haley even as the Snarl strikes at Elan and Roy. She hold a simple scroll in one hand, and shouts:

V: Throw Banjo and Giggles!

Elan’s eyes light up with understanding, and drawing both puppets from his pockets he places them on either hand and begins to say something prophety when the Snarl strikes again. It would surely kill him but for Belkar, who knocks Elan aside shouting:

Belkar: HE’S MY XP!

He is instantly killed by the Snarl. Elan, wasting no more time in light of his “friend’s” demise, takes both puppets and hurls them straight at the Snarl.

Something odd happens; as the puppets travel through the air they seem to grow in size, finally dwarfing even the Snarl. With eyes of fire, Giggles animates and strikes the Snarl, which lets loose a howl of pain that shakes the earth. Banjo stands behind it, banjo raised into playing position. As he plays the sweetest melody ever heard in the mortal or divine realms issues forth – full of Elan’s innocence and bravery, and ordered perfectly in harmony. The Snarl screams again as Banjo plays and Giggles THWACKS it about the head and neck.

Chanting, Vaarsuvius looks straight at the Snarl, never wavering even as the rest of the Order runs. All but Durkon, who, a prayer to Thor on his lips, looses his arsenal of god-granted powers at the Snarl, weakening it even further. Collapsing, all but Durkon’s shield is undone by the terrible energy of the Snarl; he is destroyed and sent to Thor. Banjo and Giggles, enraged, fight even harder; the Snarl attempts to retreat to it’s non-dimensional home.

Vaarsuvious screams: Never again! and the arcane energy building in the elf is let loose at last, tearing the elf apart from the pure force. The purest arcane energy, akin to the Snarl itself, strikes the monster, which, with a final, oddly quiet whimper, is untangled at last.

The Order, stunned by all that has passed, gathers on the final field of battle and mourns their friends even as they celebrate their victory. Elan and Haley are married and blessed by the puppet gods, and Roy is also blessed with a long and happy life.

The obvious celebration ensues. Durkon’s shield is transported home to his people and given a place of honor. Vaarsuvius is given a touching funeral by an equally androgynous elf mate. Haley and Elan stay in Azure city for a time, all three declared nobles by Hinjo. The couple never stops traveling. Roy never truly stops adventuring, but, as a powerful fighter, mostly solos. Eventually his son joins him and is given the greenhilt sword on Roy’s deathbed.

Belkar: Wh- Where am I? Where’s that thing?
Demon lord: You are in hell, mortal! Welcome… to the fruit of your labors. You will suffer eternal torment in this place of pain.
Belkar surveys the scene before him: all races, chained together, being tortured in the most agonizing manner. There are many humans, all chained together, being forced to dig for no apparent reason. A tear rolls down his cheek.
Demon: See, and desp-
Belkar: It’s my birthday.
Demon: Wha?
Belkar stabs the demon and shouts:
AND THERE ARE JUST ENOUGH DEAD HUMANS TO GO AROUND!

The End.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-06-03, 01:09 AM
The Snarl has at last burst free from it’s multi-dimensional prison. It has torn it’s way through the feeble bars of the universe and at last stands poised to leap into creation, destroy the world again, and find those gods that imprisoned it for so long.

On the field of battle, standing resolute, are our heroes. The Order of the Stick are already weary and battle-worn. Redcloak lies not far from Xykon, dying. The lich himself is gone for good, struck down by the combined efforts of a redeemed Redcloak and the Order. The hobgoblins, formerly a fearsome army prepared to take revenge for their fallen leader, have fled, with some few gazing in awe at the beginning of the end that is even now expanding, surveying creation with eyes that hold only hate.

Haley and Elan grip one another’s hands tightly, gaining courage from their shared love. Roy stands, resurrected at last, encouraging his party even as fear builds in him and demands he submit. Durkon trusts in the strength of Thor, and, steely-eyed, asks his god for the power to strike down the abomination. Belkar, bloody and almost on death’s door, laughs manically, and draws his weapons.

Roy: Whatever happens, whether we live or die, we can’t let the Snarl get any farther. We can do this. We can save the world.
Durkon: Aye, lad! Let this thing stand afore Thor!
Elan (breaking apart from Haley to stand beside Roy): Yeah! Let’s beat this mean-old meany head…

Vaarsuvius flies in and lands beside Haley even as the Snarl strikes at Elan and Roy. She hold a simple scroll in one hand, and shouts:

V: Throw Banjo and Giggles!

Elan’s eyes light up with understanding, and drawing both puppets from his pockets he places them on either hand and begins to say something prophety when the Snarl strikes again. It would surely kill him but for Belkar, who knocks Elan aside shouting:

Belkar: HE’S MY XP!

He is instantly killed by the Snarl. Elan, wasting no more time in light of his “friend’s” demise, takes both puppets and hurls them straight at the Snarl.

Something odd happens; as the puppets travel through the air they seem to grow in size, finally dwarfing even the Snarl. With eyes of fire, Giggles animates and strikes the Snarl, which lets loose a howl of pain that shakes the earth. Banjo stands behind it, banjo raised into playing position. As he plays the sweetest melody ever heard in the mortal or divine realms issues forth – full of Elan’s innocence and bravery, and ordered perfectly in harmony. The Snarl screams again as Banjo plays and Giggles THWACKS it about the head and neck.

Chanting, Vaarsuvius looks straight at the Snarl, never wavering even as the rest of the Order runs. All but Durkon, who, a prayer to Thor on his lips, looses his arsenal of god-granted powers at the Snarl, weakening it even further. Collapsing, all but Durkon’s shield is undone by the terrible energy of the Snarl; he is destroyed and sent to Thor. Banjo and Giggles, enraged, fight even harder; the Snarl attempts to retreat to it’s non-dimensional home.

Vaarsuvious screams: Never again! and the arcane energy building in the elf is let loose at last, tearing the elf apart from the pure force. The purest arcane energy, akin to the Snarl itself, strikes the monster, which, with a final, oddly quiet whimper, is untangled at last.

The Order, stunned by all that has passed, gathers on the final field of battle and mourns their friends even as they celebrate their victory. Elan and Haley are married and blessed by the puppet gods, and Roy is also blessed with a long and happy life.

The obvious celebration ensues. Durkon’s shield is transported home to his people and given a place of honor. Vaarsuvius is given a touching funeral by an equally androgynous elf mate. Haley and Elan stay in Azure city for a time, all three declared nobles by Hinjo. The couple never stops traveling. Roy never truly stops adventuring, but, as a powerful fighter, mostly solos. Eventually his son joins him and is given the greenhilt sword on Roy’s deathbed.

Belkar: Wh- Where am I? Where’s that thing?
Demon lord: You are in hell, mortal! Welcome… to the fruit of your labors. You will suffer eternal torment in this place of pain.
Belkar surveys the scene before him: all races, chained together, being tortured in the most agonizing manner. There are many humans, all chained together, being forced to dig for no apparent reason. A tear rolls down his cheek.
Demon: See, and desp-
Belkar: It’s my birthday.
Demon: Wha?
Belkar stabs the demon and shouts:
AND THERE ARE JUST ENOUGH DEAD HUMANS TO GO AROUND!

The End.

That made me cry ...

Savageman
2008-06-04, 09:25 PM
Good or bad?

Gurped
2008-06-05, 02:34 PM
I'm just waiting for the paladins of Banjo or giggles to show up.

my god. the paladins of banjo would be possibly the coolest things in existence. ever. i bet they could beat o-chul AND the snarl put together

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-06-05, 03:05 PM

This might shed a little light on the subject.

Strong Bad Email: Dragon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hlgm39msW0)

Trogdor is a dragon from the Homestarruner (http://www.homestarrunner.com/) series. He just became really popular overnight.

I think this whole banjo-giggles thing, if it doesn't wither away into memory, will erupt in holy war between Orcs and all the other civilized races. That would be interesting for our heroes to contend with. It would also be all Elan's fault.

That'd be interesting. I think we'll see them again in a future storyline