PDA

View Full Version : If you were in a video game

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-31, 08:08 PM
Which one would it be?you would get skills and such appropreate to you (that, y'know did usefull video game stuff). I would probly want to be in Starcraft (as a commander) or The world ends with you. (mostly so I could stab josh :smallannoyed:)

Player_Zero
2008-05-31, 08:10 PM
Planescape: Torment, because it'd be the best written video game world. :smalltongue:

Also, should this be here? :smallconfused:

Ego Slayer
2008-05-31, 08:13 PM
I'd be in WoW.

I'd be the girl who always gets stepped on by Fel Reavers while she's AFK. :smallamused:

(No, that's never really happened to me... :P)

Jayngfet
2008-05-31, 08:27 PM
I'd be in folklore, if I couldn't absorb folks they'd kill me and then I'd be a super powered folk.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-31, 08:29 PM
Tekken. I'm known as "King". :smalltongue:

If anything, I'd be an unlockable character in Brigandine that isn't really impressive in any regard save for epic rune power and rune range.

Phase
2008-05-31, 08:30 PM
I'd be the protagonist in "Spore,"

What? It's a God-game?

Bow down to me! I shall shape the world to my will!

DraPrime
2008-05-31, 08:31 PM
Gears of War without a doubt. What could be better than actually using the chainsaw gun in real life?

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-31, 08:40 PM
Gears of War without a doubt. What could be better than actually using the chainsaw gun in real life?

Using it in a video game where the blood is in high definition and slow motion.

For me it would have to be GTA. Somebody kidnaps your cousin? Kill them. Somebody sleeps with you and turns out to be a federal agent? Kill them. Somebody it taking a little too long making a choice at the hot dog cart? I think you get the picture.

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-31, 08:44 PM
hmm... Also I can't remember what it was called (I'll put it in later) but in this action-rpg game, as a rouge tree progression. Or in fallout with a crazy ass high engineering skill and pistol skill but crap everything else.

Mr. Moon
2008-05-31, 08:56 PM
Hmmm... Either Splinter Cell or Final Fantasy IX, because A) I need to kill Garnet, she's annoying as hell, even if her summons have saved my butt a thousand times, and B) how cool would it be to hang out with Freya, Zidane and Vivi? I'd probably fight as a Rouge-Fighter cross, and replace Blank. Except, y'know, not die in the second map.

BisectedBrioche
2008-05-31, 08:58 PM
The Elder Scrolls, or maybe WoW. Probably the former so I could master magic and armed (or unarmed) combat.

Flickerdart
2008-05-31, 09:08 PM
Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark.
Becoming ruler of the Ten Hells of Baator appeals to me greatly.

Lord Magtok
2008-05-31, 09:10 PM
Bioshock. Definitely Bioshock. Because where else do you get to shoot bees out of your arm?

Player_Zero
2008-05-31, 09:13 PM
Bioshock. Definitely Bioshock. Because where else do you get to shoot bees out of your arm?

Metal Gear Solid universe? ...THE PAIN!

Hmm... Maybe I'd be in the Ouendan world... That'd be pretty awesome... :smalltongue:

Collin152
2008-05-31, 09:15 PM
The sims.
Hear me out!
I could alter my life as I pleased by patching it.

OwlbearUltimate
2008-05-31, 09:37 PM
Custom Robo, the first game I completely beat. I mean, who doesn't want to fight through a foot tall robot?

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-31, 09:40 PM
hmm... Also I can't remember what it was called (I'll put it in later) but in this action-rpg game, as a rouge tree progression. Or in fallout with a crazy ass high engineering skill and pistol skill but crap everything else.

Was it Diablo?

reorith
2008-05-31, 09:52 PM
final fantasy vii because my life is boring, repetitive and pointless but at least i'd have a nifty costume. i already work for a company that is spelled in all uppercase letters.

Trog
2008-05-31, 10:51 PM
Likely a disreputable tavern owner in a Legend of Zelda release. :smallbiggrin:

This reminds me I really should work more on that zelda game starring Thes... and members of the Town.

Sneak preview:

http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/Townsprites.gif

From top left: Supagoof, Death, El Jaspero, Trog,
Sneak, Llama, Alarra, Amiria,
Mortia, WXDruid, Fenric, Lykan,
CabbageThief, Indurain, Hawkeye, Wukei

evisiron
2008-05-31, 10:57 PM
My character in City of Heroes. Cool super powers in a setting where governments recognise how much they need super heroes!

The Orange Zergling
2008-05-31, 11:12 PM
Sneak preview:

Oh my. Awesome incarnate.

For my choice, either as a Death Knight in a Warcraft game (not necessarily WoW), or as a Cerebrate in Starcraft. Preferably one that doesn't get killed.

ghost_warlock
2008-05-31, 11:18 PM
I guess I'll have to add myself to the WoW list. (Guess which class... :smallamused:) I think, ever since I got involved in gaming, I've wanted to make a living killing monsters and looting their corpses.

The last video game I really spent much time playing was Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1 and my favorite classes from that (calculator and monk) don't really appeal to me anymore.

Sneak preview:

I concur, that is awesome! What program are you using to make it?

Trazoi
2008-05-31, 11:25 PM
I don't think I'd enjoy being a character in most games, as they're all about conflict, death and destruction. So I'd probably choose to be a character in one of the Harvest Moon games; that looks like a pretty nice life to have.

Paragon Badger
2008-05-31, 11:27 PM
The sims.
Hear me out!
I could alter my life as I pleased by patching it.

I don't know how long I could live without genetalia... :smalltongue:

Lykan
2008-05-31, 11:40 PM
Likely a disreputable tavern owner in a Legend of Zelda release. :smallbiggrin:

This reminds me I really should work more on that zelda game starring Thes... and members of the Town.

Sneak preview:

That is six kinds of awesome right there. :smallbiggrin:

As for video game... Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Gadget wielding dungeon exploring werewolf paladin FTW.

Collin152
2008-05-31, 11:59 PM
I don't know how long I could live without genetalia... :smalltongue:

Patches!
And yes, patches for that specific issue already exist.
They aren't hard to find.
(Or so I've heard.)

MisterSaturnine
2008-06-01, 12:10 AM
My character in City of Heroes. Cool super powers in a setting where governments recognise how much they need super heroes!

This. Without a shadow of a doubt. Although definitely not my current character. Spending 12 years in prison and developing the "power" of a nigh infinite pain threshold through experiences therein doesn't sound like a very fun experience.

Me, as is, ported into a world where superpowers are feasible and I have them? Yes, please.

Collin152
2008-06-01, 12:12 AM

Hm, I like the game choice.
But, being powered by the Political atmosphere? No thank you.
I'd have to design a new character.

Deimos-Comics
2008-06-01, 12:22 AM
Conquer Online! Or Runescape! Have any of yous heard of these games? Cus i sure haven't heard of WoW....???? Conquer Online because you can Jump so far it isn't funny and join guilds and PK new players where as Runescape because you just go around killing Demons and Dragons only to have them spawn back again! Or what about on PS3, Resistance: Fall of Man, then i could be a Lieutenet, going around shooting chimeras! :biggrin:

Phae Nymna
2008-06-01, 12:35 AM
I'd enjoy being the Medic in Team Fortress 2.
Dang it... I keep feeling like I'll have a veritable plethora of ideas, but when it comes down to it, I'm not so imaginative right now. :smallfrown:

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-01, 01:15 AM
I'd be a bard - do nothing in a fight, goof off, hit on hot monster chicks, run around naked and in between that, piss off the obsessive control freak of a party leader. Mainly because the skills I have don't translate well into a video game where the point is to kill stuff. I doubt very much that you will ever need a diplomat or a psychologist in a computer game.

Izodor
2008-06-01, 01:22 AM
I'd want to control an army such as in Age of Empires. Be a warlord and guide the Roman army to victory!

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-01, 01:25 AM
I'd want to control an army such as in Age of Empires. Be a warlord and guide the Roman army to victory!
Dude, try Total War series. The same world-conquering goodness with some actual tactics and historical accuracy thrown in.

Izodor
2008-06-01, 01:42 AM
Blasphemy! Nothing gets close to the great Age of Empires!:smalltongue:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-06-01, 01:58 AM
Good memories from that game. Ah, turtling islands and building massive assault groups of ridiculously overpowered units.

Not the best strategy, maybe, but I had fun.

GrassyGnoll
2008-06-01, 02:09 AM
Two words: Monkey Island

Alternative words: A most faithful servant of the Queen of Blades, Sarah Kerrigan of Starcraft. Or Warcraft, I just really love the lore.

Drascin
2008-06-01, 02:10 AM
I'd be a bard - do nothing in a fight, goof off, hit on hot monster chicks, run around naked and in between that, piss off the obsessive control freak of a party leader. Mainly because the skills I have don't translate well into a video game where the point is to kill stuff. I doubt very much that you will ever need a diplomat or a psychologist in a computer game.

Well, in Planescape Torment you can psychoanalyze the BBEG to death, so maybe there your abilities would find usefulness :smallbiggrin:

Jibar
2008-06-01, 02:16 AM
Either WoW, because I love the setting and I could become the Orce Scientist Warrior I was roleplaying while I still played, or...

Hmmm...

Or...

Mass Effect. Oo, ooo, or KoToR.

Em Blackleaf
2008-06-01, 02:32 AM
I would want to be in Psychonauts. Definitely. It would be awesome to have Psy-powers and get inside people's heads.

Either that, or Banjo Kazooie. I just want to meet a bear in yellow shorts that has befriended a bird (Is that too much to ask?!). :smalltongue:

Lyesmith
2008-06-01, 02:37 AM
Given the choice, i would be in Golden Sun, preferably as a Jupiter (wind) Adept.
Mind-reading, flight, teleportation, summoning whirlwinds and lightning...Yeah, they get the best deals. Mmm, destructive! (not the hardiest of types, mind.)

Copacetic
2008-06-01, 07:37 AM
Portal. I choose Portal.

Solo
2008-06-01, 07:57 AM
Cleanse Purge Kill! Cleanse Purge Kill!

†Seer†
2008-06-01, 07:59 AM
Portal. I choose Portal.

*seconds this*

When your powers are used right...

It's always your turn to slide next! :smalltongue:

randman22222
2008-06-01, 08:08 AM
GAH! Hard one!

*Looks at shelf of vidjagames.*

Not Battlefield... DEFINITELY not Condemned... LMAO. Not Flight Simulator... Oooh, certainly not Half Life... Not Counter-Strike, god no... Not SimCity... Not any Command and Conquer... Not Age of Empires... Not Splinter Cell... Not Super Mario (Blech.)...

Zelda... Hell yeah!!

Not James Bond... Not Rainbow Six... Good lord. Not Battalion Wars... Not Rise of Nations...

Metroid. There's another possibility.

Top Gun?... Tough one.... Nope.
Haha! Not Banjo-Kazooie... No, not pokemon... Not Pac-man. *Rolls eyes.*...

Super Smash Bros. Could be oddly fun. EVE Online? Maybe... Yeeaahhh... Elder Scrolls series? Yeah.

Halo... Nope. Nuh uh. Not gonna happen... Harry Po- Harry Potter? Is this mine? HELL EXPLETIVE NO!...

Zomfg! I forgot about this'un! Star Wars Podracers!! I would sooo be in this one!!... Oh, and then there's Knights of the Old Republic. Yes, definitely...

A Bug's Life??? Let me think hard on this one... NO!... Final Fantasy, nope... Diablo II, ugh. No. Not ever.

I think that covers it. I'll post some more in if I can find more games on my shelf.

Dihan
2008-06-01, 08:30 AM
X-Men Legends 2. I'd be Nightcrawler. :smallbiggrin:

borninbones
2008-06-01, 09:06 AM
Well, I would have to say either black and white, earthbound (uber psychic powers), or Morrowind.

Wow sounds like fun but I like the ability to climb and the constant dying would not be fun.

Definitly none of the Mario Brothers. Ever wonder about that? I roll out of bed and go to work. He rolls out of bed to discover that once again his gf has been captured by a large spiked turtle. In order to get her back you have fight enemies sometimes several times your size with only hammers, fireballs and jumping on their head as weapons. He finally gets to gf and takes her home, passes out from all the work only to wake up the next day to find out she is gone, again...

Trog
2008-06-01, 12:29 PM
I concur, that is awesome! What program are you using to make it?

Heh. Glad everyone likes it so far. :smallbiggrin:

I am using a free program that you can download for your PC here (http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/).

GrassyGnoll
2008-06-01, 01:39 PM

No Solo! You will BE KILL BY GRIM and DARK!

And then Solo was a spess mehreen.

FdL
2008-06-01, 01:43 PM
I'd be that peasant in Black & White 2. I'd try to live a good life as a farmer, breed with a loved woman, have an offspring and finally get old and die. I'd like to avoid being pooped on or eaten by the creature too.

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-01, 02:33 PM
Ninja Gaiden. Because physics get thrown out the window and you con block machine gun fire with a sword. Plus ninja are badass.

Also, I love Shadowrun. So if they ever make a proper game for that setting, sign me up. (proper being, of course, Bioware RPG style)

Nikolai_II
2008-06-01, 02:40 PM
The Baldur's Gate series would be good enough for me :smallbiggrin:

FdL
2008-06-01, 02:47 PM
Also, I love Shadowrun. So if they ever make a proper game for that setting, sign me up. (proper being, of course, Bioware RPG style)

There's a couple of old games, IIRC. One for the Snes. You might want to check them out if you're really interested. Of course, a current quality game is always better.

But there's barely D&D games like that v.v

Deathcow
2008-06-01, 02:54 PM
Heh, any game where I could be the healbot/diplomacy monkey would be great with me. I don't do so good at the stabbing and the shooting and the violence in real life.

DraPrime
2008-06-01, 05:38 PM
Now that I think about it, I would love to be in a bizzare hybrid of Assassin's Creed and GTA. I would use the absolute ridiculous stunts and breaking of laws of physics in Assassin's Creed, and the pure fun and limitless options of GTA.

Bitzeralisis
2008-06-01, 05:59 PM
I'd be in whatever RPG system I'm going to make up in the future. That way, I can exploit every rule I purposely made exploitable in the system and make myself a epic wizard with control over the workings over the universe. :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue:

Nonanonymous
2008-06-01, 06:34 PM
Dwarf Fortress would be a likely choice for me, not much to worry about except elephants. Another might be the Thief series of games, but I'm not too sure about that.

Hell Puppi
2008-06-01, 07:00 PM
Not Silent Hill.

Hmmm...I think assasin's creed. Or Oblivion, as long as I got to keep my godbow (I put in a mod that allowed for 'true flight' on bows, which basically turned them into medieval sniper rifles) and my Shadowmere.
Hehehe...oh the fun I would have. :smallamused:

SilverSheriff
2008-06-01, 10:56 PM
I'd be a protagonist in a Grand Theft Auto Game, then you'd have to explore my life. although you'd probably get really bored.:biggrin:

TFT
2008-06-02, 12:55 AM
I'd be some kind of keyblade wielder in the Kingdom Hearts series... keyblades and magic... and not really a high chance of dieing. Sounds good.

H. Zee
2008-06-02, 02:57 AM
Oblivion. Because I know so many ways to break the game to my advantage, I would be a living god in short order. Bwahahahahahaha!

Failing that, either Planescape: Torment or Baldur's Gate, because they're my two faves.

randman22222
2008-06-02, 02:58 AM
I have to settle on EVE Online. The rest of the games I liked are just too static when it comes to social activity. (Imagine yourself in Metroid. That would suck.)

poleboy
2008-06-02, 03:01 AM
I would be a sniper or a blaster mage. I don't like getting my hands dirty. Failing that, a rogue or thief of some kind.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-02, 04:53 AM
I just realized I'm good at tactics. But it wouldn't do me much good in video games like Rome - Total War where the general is expected to charge headlong into a pike phalanx with his loyal bodyguard, dying valiantly in the process (anyone who's played the game will know what I mean). Something about this doesn't quite appeal to me. Plus, I'm only good against people (I'm a psychologist, not a tactician) - I can predict their actions pretty accurately, or force them to do something I want. I suck at planning.

Unless I could be a hero from Heroes of Might and Magic III, where all I have to do is sit on a horse staring at my opponent and cast an occasional spell while our armies duke it out.

HeroicSociopath
2008-06-02, 05:56 AM
Halo.

There's never been any game I was better at.

Headless_Ninja
2008-06-03, 01:25 PM
Lego Star Wars. Seriously - everything's fun! And hilarious! And if I die I just come back and drop my bricks!

Illiterate Scribe
2008-06-03, 01:30 PM
wELcoMe tO ThE gIaNT IN tHE playGROund CeNTre.

wOUld yOU lIKe SoME cAKE?

randman22222
2008-06-03, 01:33 PM
Man, being a pilot in EVE would be awesome!

"Sir, Harbinger-class battlecruiser approaching at five-hundred meters per second, at seventy-five kilometers."

"Set the 1400mm's onto the Armageddon at fifty kilometers. Set our repair drone squadron onto the friendly Astarte, marked GTS Audacity."

And so on...

EDIT: Linkage. (http://www.eveonline.com/empyreanage/index.html) Next expansion for EVE. Looks awesome.

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-03, 01:37 PM
Man, being a pilot in EVE would be awesome!

"Sir, Harbinger-class battlecruiser approaching at five-hundred meters per second, at seventy-five kilometers."

"Set the 1400mm's onto the Armageddon at fifty kilometers. Set our repair drone squadron onto the friendly Astarte, marked GTS Audacity."

And so on...

Eh, I'd rather captain a Kol Battleship in Sins of A Solar Empire.

Though I admittedly know very little about EVE.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-06-03, 06:50 PM
I'd love to be in Patapon (PSP). I'll cuddle those cute patapons all day long until they scream "Egad this is terrible" and if one of them's being naughty then they'll shout "Spank them bottoms!". Haven't been playing it for a while now... :smallbiggrin:

Purple Cloak
2008-06-03, 06:55 PM
I'd have to say Shin Megami Tensei : Persona 3
the whole amusing way you summon your persona (your true self) and the awsomeness of having a 25 hour day.

Alternitavely Shin Megami Tensei : Digital Devil Saga because their is just somthing about devouring your enimiys (slain or otherwise) to gain power that is awsome, if in a disturbing way.

chiasaur11
2008-06-03, 06:57 PM
Hmmm...
Either Pokemon, where, in a matter of days, you can go from Joe Schmuck to the guy who owns beings that control time and space, or one of those Lego games. Lego!

Of course, being in a Final Fantasy could be fun.
By which I mean, whenever one of those pesky world saving heroes comes along, becoming invincible merely by repeating "Welcome to Corneria" over and over.

FireFox
2008-06-03, 09:01 PM
I'd be a Swordmaster or Trueblade from Fire Emblem.

SurlySeraph
2008-06-04, 12:23 AM
I'd be in Deus Ex. Awesome cyberpunkness, and going to a private school means that I'd be given super-power-inducing nanomachines. Win all around!

If I somehow ended up in the 40K universe, I know exactly what I'd do. I'd march right down to the local Adeptas Sororitas stronghold and get myself put in a Penitent Engine. No free will, so you don't have to worry about making mistakes, you're guaranteed to be useful to society, everyone loves taking massive doses of rage-inducing chemicals, and you get to pilot a giant robot. It doesn't get any better than that.

Count D20
2008-06-04, 02:09 AM
Dark cloud two. for melee I'd use flail/whip swinging type weapons and for ranged I'd use a bow probably.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-04, 02:14 AM
I have practically no physical strength, so I'd probably use a gun, and I'd also be able to heal and buff people effectively (I'd probably be best suite to an RPG).

randman22222
2008-06-04, 02:20 AM
More of me if I were in EVE:

"Sir, we have confirmed reports of cynosural field opening in the M-MD3B system."

"Right. Take the capitol fleet out of standby, and order them to jump to 5H-SM2, where they will rendezvous with the support fleet from Tau Ceti Federation."

Now I wanna be in EVE. :smalltongue:

*Goes back to playing EVE, which is just as good.*

Archonic Energy
2008-06-04, 03:47 AM
i'd type IDDQD... or possibly IDKFA :smallwink:

i'd like to be in the X universe... with my starburst

"Eat my dust Xenon"
*zooms through Xenon controlled space at over 1000 M/S*

bobothegoat
2008-06-04, 04:15 AM
I don't think I would want to be in any of the games I play for real. As much as I love large amounts violence and destruction, doing it for real could be dangerous!

Omicroncubed
2008-06-04, 04:45 AM
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams and if I could be any character in there, I'd say Soki, because he's just so darn awesome :smalltongue:

Ashtar
2008-06-04, 05:16 AM
I'd be a wandering blacksmith for armour repairs in WoW. And set up shop outside (or even inside) of WoW raid instances...

Sooo much gold!

Or maybe a spirit at the graveyard...

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-04, 12:26 PM
If I was in 40k:
A) Asume my postion as Slaanesh, the dark prince.
B) Pentiant engine.
C) Flee to the Tau somehow, and try to convince them I know tknow the furture because of all the "yet to be done" GW stuff.

bosssmiley
2008-06-04, 01:05 PM
The "Dizzy" games, in which an egg saves the world. Yatzhee knows the truth of their Great British Win.

Failing that "Overlord". Ask anyone who knows me. :smallamused:

v-- Ya dirty sod that y'are. :smallbiggrin:

Jade Falcon
2008-06-04, 01:29 PM
Breeder disciple in Black & White :smallbiggrin:

Ok, seriously:
One of the faction leaders in Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri .. that would be fun

Nikolai_II
2008-06-08, 10:43 AM
Hmm.. Mario in Donkey Kong feels particularly apt today.. :smallsigh:

Drascin
2008-06-08, 02:19 PM
Hmm.. Mario in Donkey Kong feels particularly apt today.. :smallsigh:

...just how many barrels have you had to jump over today, exactly? :smallconfused: *is genuinely curious*

Nikolai_II
2008-06-08, 02:56 PM
...just how many barrels have you had to jump over today, exactly? :smallconfused: *is genuinely curious*

Hmm.. ok. Any game where they jump over butterflies?

KazilDarkeye
2008-06-08, 04:30 PM
Probably Spyro the Purple Dragon. Just 'cause.

Either that or Rayman (especially the incarnation in Raymans 2 & 3. Rayman 1 sucked hard).

Drascin
2008-06-08, 05:14 PM
Either that or Rayman (especially the incarnation in Raymans 2 & 3. Rayman 1 sucked hard).

I will not eat your face for that comment because I have just had dinner :smalltongue:, but suffice to say I found Rayman 1 vastly superior to Rayman 2 at least. And also had great music. I hate that my current computer can't play it, myself.

And @Nikolai... do you mind explaining just how in the hells one's day ends up implying repeated jumping over butterflies, enough to merit a Mario comparison? You're only making me more curious, here :smallbiggrin:

NinjaHippy
2008-06-08, 06:24 PM
This game right here. (http://armorgames.com/play/553/the-fancy-pants-adventure-world-2)

Failing that, the Prince of Persia series of games strikes my fancy. And I am a fan of the WH40K universe, although something tells me that I'd need to flee to the Tau or be eaten/executed/Waaagh!'d within short order.

Nikolai_II
2008-06-09, 04:00 PM
And @Nikolai... do you mind explaining just how in the hells one's day ends up implying repeated jumping over butterflies, enough to merit a Mario comparison? You're only making me more curious, here :smallbiggrin:

:smallcool:

Well, the Mario Reference began with the day being hot and the whole weekend filled with plenty and repetitive work. Sunday, though, involved a visit to a butterfly house (a greenhouse with Amazonian clime inside, and lots of butterflies, a few of which were probably on the suicidal side since they kept fluttering down and landing upon the path)

Not particularly exciting, but I aim to please :smallwink: