PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's secret?!

Inhuman Bot
2008-05-31, 08:57 PM
4th post in a row, I know. But still.

I was looking through my newest Nintendo power and saw the breif line about the New super awesome cool new wii game. Anyone have gusses? I personlly hope its Pikmin 3 even if it's not likely. More likely it'll be kid Icuras or Animal crossing wii. Discuss.

Jibar
2008-06-01, 01:49 AM
Wait, what rumours are these?
I've heard nothing.

And uh, by the by, they've already announced an Animal Crossing Wii. It's expected out later in the year or early next.

Dihan
2008-06-01, 04:20 AM
The rumours are that Factor 5, the makers of Rogue Squadron, are developing a new Kid Icarus game.

Dragor
2008-06-01, 04:25 AM
The rumours are that Factor 5, the makers of Rogue Squadron, are developing a new Kid Icarus game.

Well, I guess that would make up for the lack of publicity wee little Pit has in Europe. It's good news, I guess. :smallsmile:

Jibar
2008-06-01, 04:37 AM

Oooohhhh, that rumour.

Well, I'll wait for a Pikmin 3 rumour as well then.

Dragor
2008-06-01, 04:41 AM
I've completed Pikmin 1 fully. I still have yet to play Pikmin 2.

Mando Knight
2008-06-01, 07:35 AM

I'd be more interested in a new Rogue Squadron game (Not another Rebel Strike, but more along the lines of TIE Fighter, Rogue Squadron, or Rogue Leader).

Nintendo's been holding its cards close this year, all I know that's coming out soon from 1st/2nd party is FE DS...

DraPrime
2008-06-01, 05:52 PM
How about a new and interesting series? I'd like to see Nintendo do that more often, instead of doing another sequel.

chiasaur11
2008-06-01, 06:15 PM
How about a new and interesting series? I'd like to see Nintendo do that more often, instead of doing another sequel.

Like Pikmin, Wii Fit, Nintendogs, Wii sports or Pokemon in 98?

Good games. Nintendo's sequels are good too, however.

Eakin
2008-06-01, 07:25 PM
Sort of like those, but more traditional gaming oriented. Wii Fit, Nintendogs, and Wii Sports may be fun and sell like hotcakes, but they don't really cater to the traditional gaming market. Any time Nintendo releases a major first party title it tends to be another entry in one of their long-running franchises. Think about the major titles that nintendo has put out for the Wii:

Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart
Mario Party
Metroid Prime 3
Zelda Twilight Princess
Brawl
Super Paper Mario

Notice any patterns? They're all good games, but they're all sequels and retreads of familiar concepts. I think a Kid Icarus game would be sufficiently new to break the trend, but the root of the problem seems to lie in Nintendo having virtually no major 3rd party developers working on their system, tossing out big AAA titles to fill the gaps between these francise retreads. It's been that way since the end of the golden SNES era.

Geno9999
2008-06-01, 07:56 PM

That sounds interesting, is it a platformer along the lines of Kid Icarus on the NES or is it first person shooter like Metroid Prime?
I think that it's being released because of four words; Super, Smash, Brothers, Brawl. Why? Because Pit is a fighter in it, giving him fame that he long missed since his last game on the Gameboy, making a remake/new game of the KI series sell.

Mando Knight
2008-06-02, 10:41 PM
the root of the problem seems to lie in Nintendo having virtually no major 3rd party developers working on their system

Wait, what? Konami, Capcom, Sega, Lucasarts, Square Enix, and EA aren't big enough? They're all producing games for the Wii.

Sonic Unleashed, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, the only confirmed console release of Spore... The Wii's '08 lineup is still just as strong as the Xbox's, and except for MGS4, the PS3's as well.

poleboy
2008-06-03, 01:42 AM
And uh, by the by, they've already announced an Animal Crossing Wii. It's expected out later in the year or early next.

*dances*

I'm hoping it's a new Eternal Darkness. Yeah, I just set myself up for a massive disappointment. A man can dream, though... a man can dream.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-06-03, 02:56 AM
That sounds interesting, is it a platformer along the lines of Kid Icarus on the NES or is it first person shooter like Metroid Prime?
I think that it's being released because of four words; Super, Smash, Brothers, Brawl. Why? Because Pit is a fighter in it, giving him fame that he long missed since his last game on the Gameboy, making a remake/new game of the KI series sell.

Well, I guess they did do that with Fire Emblem.

Geno9999
2008-06-03, 08:18 AM
Wait, what? Konami, Capcom, Sega, Lucasarts, Square Enix, and EA aren't big enough? They're all producing games for the Wii.

Sonic Unleashed, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, the only confirmed console release of Spore... The Wii's '08 lineup is still just as strong as the Xbox's, and except for MGS4, the PS3's as well.

You're missing Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon and Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party.

SerenityKry
2008-06-03, 08:53 AM
Wait, what rumours are these?
I've heard nothing.

Gah I can't wait for AC: Wii! I'm such an Animal Crossing addict as it is. I remember actually debating on KK Slider nights if I wanted to go out with some friends or stay home so I could hit him up for another song. >.<

If that game had achievements... good gawd...

Anywho, I second the notion of Nintendo trying some new things. I love Mario and all but I'd kill to see them really take a dive with some new stuff. Yea Nintendogs, Wii Fit and Pokemon are awesome but when you get down to it you're just taking care of a dog, hardly working out and catching the same darned monsters.

DrizztFan24
2008-06-03, 09:37 AM
Gah I can't wait for AC: Wii!

Wow, we are obviously way on different pages. I saw that and though "What?! Assassin's Creed for the Wii?!"

Rogue 7
2008-06-03, 01:31 PM
Isn't there an Assassin's Creed out for the DS?

Geno9999
2008-06-03, 03:03 PM
Isn't there an Assassin's Creed out for the DS?
yes, it's a prequel to Assassin's Creed on Xbox 360 and (I'm not completely sure) Playstation 3

SerenityKry
2008-06-04, 09:00 AM
yes, it's a prequel to Assassin's Creed on Xbox 360 and (I'm not completely sure) Playstation 3

I would think both since the game is the same thing for the 360 and the PS3. >.>

Assassin's Creed for the Wii, if that ever happened I'm betting the controls would definitely be something else. Be pretty interesting now that I think about it.