PDA

View Full Version : The Guilty Thread

OwlbearUltimate
2008-05-31, 10:12 PM
Have you ever hurt anyone or done something really horrible that you regret? I myslef am very easily given to guilt trips, and usually spilling my guts about it helps, so this is the place to do it and seek advice of how to achieve forgiveness. So come with those things that are making your stomach hurt and say them! There are people here who will help you with them! (Sorry in advance if this is already or was a thread, I didn't see any in my sweep.)

Please do not tell anyone that what they did was really bad, they already will know it, and the last thing they need is someone to tell them that. Please, the point here is to try to make someone feel better, not worse.

reorith
2008-05-31, 10:51 PM
i shot a man in reno just to watch him die. not a day goes by when i don't see his face or the tears of his grieving family. my only solace is that i'm knock knock knocking on heavens door. yeah. yeah knock knock knocking on heavens door. i do so much twisted stuff each day that i can't feel regret for anything after may 2005.

ghost_warlock
2008-05-31, 11:35 PM
I stabbed my brother in the butt once...but it was in self-defense. Sort of. He had a sword. And, in a way, I suppose you call it karmatic payback for when when he stabbed me in the chest when we were kids. And I did take him to the hospital to get stitches. :smallsigh:

Hm, I guess I do feel sorta guilty for running over his foot with my car. But that was completely an accident, even if I was acting kind of like a jerk at the time. :smallfrown:

We're not as dysfunctional as we sound... Really! :smalleek:

In retrospect, I was kind of mean when I broke up with my ex in Colorado; I think I really hurt her feelings. But, to be fair, she did cheat on me...with one of my friends...who I was letting stay with me because he got kicked out of his apartment. On second thought, no, I'm not sorry about that. :smallmad:

I used to feel really guilty about all sorts of inappropriate stuff. Like, I'd berate myself for stepping on the backs of people's shoes on accident and feel sorry for stuffed animals when I'd vent at them. I used to be really emo.

But I'm all better now, just a few concussions and a year-or-so of therapy finally did the trick!

OwlbearUltimate
2008-06-01, 12:11 AM
With accidents, I always find that forgive-and-forget and forget works the best. I always feel bad when I am in a public place and my friends act really obnoxious to and near random people. Once my friend and I were pushing each other after a football game, and I was rammed right into this woman. She didn't fall or anything, but I felt horrible. Luckily, she wasn't carrying pizza or hot choclate or something.

reorith
2008-06-01, 12:16 AM
With accidents, I always find that forgive-and-forget and forget works the best. I always feel bad when I am in a public place and my friends act really obnoxious to and near random people. Once my friend and I were pushing each other after a football game, and I was rammed right into this woman. She didn't fall or anything, but I felt horrible. Luckily, she wasn't carrying pizza or hot choclate or something.
brian? is that you?

Cobra_Ikari
2008-06-01, 12:42 AM
I eternally regret not confronting Kat. And...a lot of other things. That one sticks in my mind, though.

The Orange Zergling
2008-06-01, 01:02 AM
The guilt part of my brain is perpetually on overdrive; I've been driven to tears for being scolded. For the most part the guilt doesn't last too long, but damn, while it does it... hurts.

Haruki-kun
2008-06-01, 01:09 AM
The guilt part of my brain is perpetually on overdrive; I've been driven to tears for being scolded. For the most part the guilt doesn't last too long, but damn, while it does it... hurts.

I think I know exactly what you mean. >.<

Castaras
2008-06-01, 02:48 AM
Meh, I've cried when I've been told off. Don't now though.

The one thing I hate myself for doing is joining in on bullying a girl I know. And that's all I wish to say on that particular matter.

Darius Midnite
2008-06-01, 05:10 AM
Huh, guilt. Been along time since I've felt that. Anything wicked I have ever said and done to someone they have deserved, and I wont torment myself with guilt over something I know was just. I did once break a guitar over my brothers back, that was kind of 'in the spirit of fun' he didn't think it so funny, so that made me think a bit.

Copacetic
2008-06-01, 07:20 AM
I don't feel particularly guilty about anything. Not that I haven't done anything bad, (far from it) I jut don't care.

Project_Mayhem
2008-06-01, 12:13 PM
I don't feel particularly guilty about anything. Not that I haven't done anything bad, (far from it) I jut don't care.

Sort of seconded. I don't feel guilt often, because if something upsets me I simply don't think about it.

Em Blackleaf
2008-06-01, 06:05 PM
Awww... that's me right there. I feel sooo bad, even when someone is only a little bit mad at me.

That might be part of the fact that I hate loud noises, like people yelling at me. And I think that's driven me to be really trusting and forgiving, because I wouldn't want anyone to feel bad unless they REALLY deserve it. I also hug people all the time, but I'd probably do that anyway. :smalltongue: And I never hate people, I just can't do that. I can greatly dislike people, but even that's rare.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-01, 06:18 PM
Awww... that's me right there. I feel sooo bad, even when someone is only a little bit mad at me.

Me too. I feel incredibly guilty at even the idea of disappointing someone. I could burst into tears at the slightest hint that someone is angry at me. Luckily I can control myself enough to not, but I can't help fearing that I've done something wrong.

OwlbearUltimate
2008-06-01, 06:49 PM
And I never hate people, I just can't do that. I can greatly dislike people, but even that's rare.

I am usually the same, just a few exceptions. I always feel bad when I make a joke about somebody that I dislike, even if they deserve it. I too hate being yelled at for something, the worst is with a coach or a teacher in school.

Copacetic
2008-06-01, 06:52 PM
Meh, you are all Pansies. Guilt is for wussies! :smalltongue:

Player_Zero
2008-06-01, 07:07 PM
I'll go ahead and regret every moment leading up to this one, if it's all the same to you guys. Just think of the potential which everyone started with but then missed out on because they were too stupid to take the opportunities which were handed to them... :smallsigh:

I feel guilty about being a horrible person.

Flickerdart
2008-06-01, 07:20 PM
I feel guilty when one of my friends has a problem (and they all do, all the time, the same crap. It gets old fast) and I can't do anything to help them. My own problems don't even bother me as much.

...I miss the evil bastard me.

Purple Cloak
2008-06-03, 06:45 PM
well the thing i'm feeling a bit guilty about is as follows,

a while ago I broke up with my ex, well by broke up she wrote me a letter telling me shes dumping me because shes fallen for somone else, as such i was annoyed, now she still wants to be 'freinds' but every time I see her I get realy quite angry, as such i've done nothing but exchange plesantrys.

So realy the point is I feel im being a jackass about it, do you guys think i'm being unreasonable about it?

ghost_warlock
2008-06-04, 03:22 AM
well the thing i'm feeling a bit guilty about is as follows,

a while ago I broke up with my ex, well by broke up she wrote me a letter telling me shes dumping me because shes fallen for somone else, as such i was annoyed, now she still wants to be 'freinds' but every time I see her I get realy quite angry, as such i've done nothing but exchange plesantrys.

So realy the point is I feel im being a jackass about it, do you guys think i'm being unreasonable about it?

Dunno, more information might be required. How long had you two been together? How old are you? How long did you know her before you started dating? How long ago did she break up with you? Had she been seeing this other person behind your back, if so for how long?

It might also depend on her motive for still wanting to be friends. If it's motivated out of guilt for hurting your feelings but your ex genuinely feels a stronger connection with the other person it means that she actually cares about you and may still be a good friend in the future once you reconcile. This may especially be the case if you were friends for a long time before you started dating. In some cases you can still have real, strong friendships with people that you can no longer date - you both have to accept that aspect of the relationship is dead, though. Some of my exes and I have remained fairly good friends after we broke up.

If your ex still wants to be friends because she likes 'keeping her options open' or something like that then I'd just ignore her and move on. I've dated a girl in the past that kept in contact with a string of exes just to hear things like "I still think about you," "I wish we were still together," "I miss being with you," and such. :smallyuk: It boosted her self-esteem to think that people would never get over her. :smallsigh: That's an ex I don't talk to anymore.

Jibar
2008-06-04, 03:34 AM
I feel guilty everytime I talk about my depression.
I just always feel that they don't need my problems. They've got problems that are more important, that are worth their attention. If I talk about mine... I just sound like a whiny arse.
So I just keep on smiling and keep it to myself. :smallsmile:

Ranna
2008-06-04, 05:22 AM
You would not believe the amount of awful things I have done in what is a misguided sense of doing the right thing!

I do not lie it is a simple fact and I have hurt a few people with my truths because they were not expecting it from me, I guess I can be quite blunt when I want to be. But then seeing their faces when I tell them turns my stomach to Ice I truly believe in telling people the truth no matter what no matter how hard it can be and no matter what my guilt is afterwards if someone asks me a question I'll tell it straight and I will be forever guilty over some of the hurt I have caused with these truths.

Zeb The Troll
2008-06-04, 05:44 AM
This looks suspiciously like it should be in with the rest of the Confessions going on over here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74710)...

I'm da Rogue!
2008-06-04, 06:02 AM
I feel guilts for posting here instead of studying.

Felixaar
2008-06-04, 06:15 AM
I feel guilt for everything.

Yeah... it's complicated.

Dragonrider
2008-06-04, 09:15 PM
I feel guilt for everything.

Yeah... it's complicated.

I love how easily fixable your problems are, Flix. :smallamused:

Same as Rogue...guilt for coming on here, guilt for not 'keeping up' on threads. The ultimate catch-22.

SurlySeraph
2008-06-04, 09:21 PM
I am very, very hard on myself and feel guilt about more or less everything I ever do, or don't do as the case may be. But I don't feel guilty enough.

Jae
2008-06-04, 09:53 PM
I didnt donate blood today :smallfrown:
no, technically, I couldnt, but this does not stop the guilt.

and i havent done any volunteer work for a long long time. like..
three weeks :smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

ahhhhhh!!!!

Vavaara
2008-06-04, 11:07 PM
I feel guilty for odd reasons, often remembering long-past incidents with little to no impact on my life and yet feeling an intense guiltiness. The feeling passes after a minute or so, but it happens without warning.

Trizap
2008-06-04, 11:08 PM
Jae...... that freaks me out, no one is that....Utopian :smalleek:

me? eh I haven't really done anything that has been that guilt worthy, guess its a combination of luck and calmness; I'm too passive and relaxed to do anything rash.

but then again..........I don't have a good memory.......might have completely forgotten anything I ever felt guilty about.........

Rawhide
2008-06-05, 03:33 PM
You would not believe the amount of awful things I have done in what is a misguided sense of doing the right thing!

I do not lie it is a simple fact and I have hurt a few people with my truths because they were not expecting it from me, I guess I can be quite blunt when I want to be. But then seeing their faces when I tell them turns my stomach to Ice I truly believe in telling people the truth no matter what no matter how hard it can be and no matter what my guilt is afterwards if someone asks me a question I'll tell it straight and I will be forever guilty over some of the hurt I have caused with these truths.

Why can't more people be this honest?

Closet_Skeleton
2008-06-05, 03:41 PM
I'm a guilty person. Sometimes I want to get my memory erased.

I didnt donate blood today :smallfrown:
no, technically, I couldnt, but this does not stop the guilt.

and i havent done any volunteer work for a long long time. like..
three weeks :smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

ahhhhhh!!!!

I see what you're doing. You're evil plans to make people feel guilty by not being as perfect as you will be defeated, I swear. :smallannoyed: