PDA

View Full Version : how many puppets

ABB
2008-06-01, 02:09 AM
does elan have?

I mean, at first there was Banjo, but after his cult failed to attract and keep enough worshippers to smite roy, didn't elan transform him into banjulhu? Then we had banjo back, so did elan transform banjulhu back into banjo? Also, what spell is used to transform puppets in D&D 3.5, and, also, is there a skill for crafting handpuppets in it?

And just how many hand puppets does elan have? Wouldn't he have to list them on his character sheet, along with where they're hidden and how much they weigh?

I thought it was nice of elan to give giggles to the orcs, BTW. Would giving a tribe of orcs a handpuppet god to worship be a good deed or sacrilige though?

As to the issue of puppet gods, I think it's a great idea as gods have usually been puppets of their priests thruout history.

d'Bwobsling
2008-06-01, 07:54 AM
Don't forget the puppet of civil libeties union (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0137.html)

Kato
2008-06-01, 10:38 AM
Probably... there's a whole bag of unlimited holding of them under his tunic. For every possible situation.

Like... for any emergency there's a diversion puppet. Maybe it's a new prestige class: puppet master.

DreadSpoon
2008-06-01, 11:42 AM
Also, what spell is used to transform puppets in D&D 3.5

Presumably it was just an illusion. Bard, remember?

also, is there a skill for crafting handpuppets in it?

... does there seriously need to be? If you feel a need to have dice rolls encompass everything (where's the "bathroom skill" I wonder?) then you could just use a Profession skill.

Wouldn't he have to list them on his character sheet, along with where they're hidden and how much they weigh?

Just like Blackwing should be present at all times, but he seems to disappear when V forgets he's there? This is D&D. D&D is usually played as a social game involving a lot of goofing off and questionable accounting, because we're not computers and we have way better things to do then write down 18 million things our character has. The Player's Handbook doesn't even list 1/10th of the things you would expect a medieval soldier to keep with himself, much less a mid-level adventurer.

Would giving a tribe of orcs a handpuppet god to worship be a good deed or sacrilige though?

Sacrilege to whom? The elves made their own gods, the goblinoids made their own... are they committing sacrilege to other gods even though they now have their own real gods? Or what? Seriously, again, D&D. There's a ton of gods, demi-gods, proto-gods, ex-gods, and maybe-gods roaming all over the place in most campaigns (and probably in OOTS-land, too). There's no such thing as general sacrilege. Only if you declare yourself a worshipper of a particular god and dedicate yourself to him are you subject to his laws and rules (e.g. _some_ clerics and all paladins). The PHB even states that a cleric does not actually have to worship a god, but that he can worship a general concept, pantheon, or idea.

As to the issue of puppet gods, I think it's a great idea as gods have usually been puppets of their priests thruout history.[/QUOTE]

ref
2008-06-01, 02:20 PM
He also has All sorts of finger puppets he used to recap Dungeon Crawlin Fools at the start of No Cure for the Paladin Blues