PDA

View Full Version : Forum Clock

Kyrian
2008-06-01, 07:08 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but my forum clock is way off. It says 8:06am when it's about 8:21 am.

Anyone else having this problem?
Anyone know why or how to fix it?

And I apologize if this has been asked, I looked for a similar thread here but didn't find one.

Rawhide
2008-06-01, 07:38 AM
The program that keeps it in sync has a tendency to fall over when the server is under strain.

InaVegt
2008-06-01, 08:01 AM
The program that keeps it in sync has a tendency to fall over when the server is under strain.

Could you manually fix it?

Rawhide
2008-06-01, 08:33 AM
I could, but then you'd have nothing to complain about.

InaVegt
2008-06-01, 08:39 AM
I could, but then you'd have nothing to complain about.

I have plenty to complain about, I just prefer to whine about one thing at a time, makes me seem less needy.

Rawhide
2008-06-01, 08:48 AM
You should never just change the time on a linux server or Very Bad ThingsTM could happen, it should be done by software that gradually makes the change. At the moment the board is struggling a bit and we have higher priorities than a slightly slow clock, so I have let it be slow.

InaVegt
2008-06-01, 09:04 AM
You should never just change the time on a linux server or Very Bad ThingsTM could happen, it should be done by software that gradually makes the change. At the moment the board is struggling a bit and we have higher priorities than a slightly slow clock, so I have let it be slow.

Really?

Why do most *nix distros come with automatic time updating software then?

Also, kudos to you for using a *nix server.

Lochar
2008-06-03, 05:11 PM
Granted, it's not really much of anything, but it is kinda annoying.

The clocks seem to be like 15 minutes slow.

{This post merged in to proper thread. Please see discussion above...Roland}