PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Monster

Obahai
2008-06-01, 06:43 PM
I've been kicking this idea around for a couple of years, and I want people to has brutally honest as necessary on it

the concept of the monster is that it starts of with 200 hp and an armor class of 24 across the board.

Stage one: a Small creature (all bonuses/penalties apply for size of monster) that has a breath attack that use a 1d4 to determine how powerful the attack is. Ex. Rolling a d4 you get a 3, which means you roll 3d4 damage. Reflex save of 15 for half. After losing 1/4 its hp it goest to stage two

Stage two: A medium size creature (all bonuses/penalties apply for size) uses a breath attack based on the d6, Ref 20 for half. Once it loses 1/4 of its hp it goes to stage 3.

Stage three: Large Creature (all bonuses/penalties apply for size) uses the d8 for breath attack based on the d8. Ref 25 for half.

The first time I ran this creature, I took it up to d12's and the party handled it quite well. It was also a well balanced party of 6 ppl using 10th lvl chars.

Other tweaks for the monster: Dr/- 5 Fast Heal 3, Elemental attack, Secondary attacks

pyrefiend
2008-06-01, 06:57 PM
You should probably show the monster's stats in the standard format, like so:

Name
SIZE TYPE (SUBTYPE)
HD HD (Average HP)
Speed X ft. (X squares); ALT SPEEDS
Init: INITIATIVE
AC X; touch X; flat-footed X
(AC DETAILS)
BAB +X; Grp +X
Attack Standard attack +X (damage, critical range/critical multiplier + additional damage)
Full-Attack Full attack +X/+X/+X (damage, critical range/critical multiplier +additional damage)
Space X ft.; Reach X ft.
Special Attacks
Special Qualities
Saves Fort +X Ref +X Will +X
Abilities Str X, Dex X, Con X, Int X, Wis X, Cha X
Skills
Feats
Environment
Organization Name (Number appearing)
Challenge Rating X
Treasure X gold; X gems; X art; X magical items
Alignment
Advancement by TYPE; Favored Class
Level Adjustment +X

Obahai
2008-06-02, 06:58 AM
thats the next step, in the process, I just left that part out for ppl to focus on the concept of the character first, before showing off anything else of the monster.

I'll end up posting that in a few hours or so....

thanks for the help