PDA

View Full Version : Mmorpgs

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-01, 07:49 PM
Any good online games? more specificly MMORPGs? also, if anyone else is online in the diablo esque game, Mythos, we should make a GITP group.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2008-06-01, 08:06 PM
I'm tempted to answer "no" since I've never liked MMOs much, but I assume you mean from the perspective of somebody who does.

Icewalker
2008-06-01, 09:54 PM
Well I play WoW and like it, it is quite excellent. I've played Guild Wars a bit, and at least in gameplay it is WoW with a group focus, better graphics, and a worse interface.

poleboy
2008-06-02, 02:55 AM
I'm pretty excited about the Warhammer MMORPG, but that's months away. Guild Wars is fun (and no subscription), but it's not really an MMO in the traditional sense, more like a bunch of instanced areas connected by outposts.

Lady Tialait
2008-06-02, 03:55 AM
I don't know if you like Text-based but this one is my fave, it's really fun and everyone is friendly, no graphics...oh well. (http://azereth.game-host.org:6400/)

bobothegoat
2008-06-02, 06:11 AM
I occasionally hop on my Mythos account. Don't care for the current way the "overworld" affects the game, so I'm mostly sticking to the classic version for now with either my lvl14 elite BL or lvl33 normal BL. Hopefully they can fix the overworld concept to keep the social benefits of a more unified world, while at the same time keeping the old D2-esque pacing that drew me into the game to begin with, instead of this WoW-esque running all over the generic countryside to get to a quest or dungeon.

I personally do love GW, though I certainly understand, and agree with to a certain extent, the notion of GW not being an MMO. GW2 is supposed to be more WoW-like, which worries me a bit. If I wanted WoW, I'd just go pay the $15/month for it. Some of the stuff Arena.net has been telling us about GW2 makes it sound like the low level cap will be lost and the cooperative team-based gameplay will be de-emphasized. That's a real shame, since that's really kind of what GW has always been about (well, until everyone started doing H&H). Fortunately, it sounds like the high end pvp will be based around the same principles as GW1, and if that's the case, the pvp will probably be enough for me get and enjoy GW2. Guild vs Guild is what has kept me in GW these last 3 or so years, not the pve.