PDA

View Full Version : what do you find creepy...

MR.PIXIE
2008-06-02, 01:42 PM
me?.. it'll have to be puppets, mostly the realisitic ones.
>shudder<

†Seer†
2008-06-02, 01:43 PM
Pedophiles :smallannoyed:

mentatzarkon
2008-06-02, 01:45 PM
Corporate and government doublespeak and euphemisms. It gives me the shivers every time I hear someone say something like 'collateral damage' or 'made redundant'.

Ionizer
2008-06-02, 01:47 PM
That dude who lives in the cardboard box behind my garage.

Brickwall
2008-06-02, 02:01 PM
I don't get creeped out, but I do know that I'm a creepy person, so I guess I find myself creepy? Is that normal?

potatocubed
2008-06-02, 02:02 PM
House of Leaves

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-02, 02:23 PM
The bathroom of that pub in downtown Fburg, with black tile and white grout, a single light bulb and a hole in the ceiling that's supposed to have a ventilation cover on it but it doesn't so it's just air blowing down. And it's always dirty and dark in there. It looks like something out of a Tim Burton movie.

CrazedGoblin
2008-06-02, 02:26 PM
ghost stories, even the awfull ones when told at night scare the jebus out of me

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-02, 02:26 PM
hmm...lesse...

dark hallways: ever get that feeling that you're being watched?

things that go bump in the night: it doesn't take much to get a start out of me

the way my cat used to look at me: "soon your blood will be soiling my paws"

oh, and CurlyKitGirl's been throughly creeping the hell out of me in the past half hour or so...

McClintock
2008-06-02, 02:32 PM
Clowns (Not Banjo)

Nail files drug across teeth

BisectedBrioche
2008-06-02, 02:37 PM
Dark areas in general. I really should have grown out of it by now.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-06-02, 02:38 PM
oh, and CurlyKitGirl's been throughly creeping the hell out of me in the past half hour or so...

Stabbity Death right? K/K and Cute, but aren't even a one on a creep-o-meter.

Clowns.
Spider - the medium sized ones that you find in your house and give you a terror attack.
Previously Creeping Lane because it looked like you were walking into pre darkness and the entrance looked like a demon's mouth. It's not called Creeping Lane for nothing.
Dolls. Any type.

Edge
2008-06-02, 02:40 PM
Canines, especially wolves.

Yet lycanthropes of any sort don't bother me. Weird.

Project_Mayhem
2008-06-02, 02:40 PM
Salad Fingers makes me cry

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-02, 02:41 PM
Stabbity Death right?

Yeah...brought back memories of some of the creepier moments of F.E.A.R.

*walk down hallway*

*HUD starts buzzing*

*child-like sobs*

*walk further*

...give him back to me...

*whimper*

For all my recent horror/suspence posturing...I'm a HUGE horror wimp.

MR.PIXIE
2008-06-02, 02:42 PM
Dolls. Any type.

especaly china dolls right, they're creepy too.

ArtifexFelicis
2008-06-02, 02:43 PM
Silent Hill 2

"I don't WANT to know what the &*%& is in the basement! I barely could stand the outside sunlight!"

Also, insects when made really really big are weird and scary. REALLY weird and scary.

Some Clowns.

A dog that missed two meals.

Telonius
2008-06-02, 02:46 PM
"Normal" people.
Developments where all the houses look exactly the same.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-06-02, 02:51 PM
Yeah...brought back memories of some of the creepier moments of F.E.A.R.

*walk down hallway*

*HUD starts buzzing*

*child-like sobs*

*walk further*

...give him back to me...

*whimper*

For all my recent horror/suspence posturing...I'm a HUGE horror wimp.

Tread ye not in K/K then. This might push you over the edge.

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-02, 02:53 PM
Silent Hill 2

"I don't WANT to know what the &*%& is in the basement! I barely could stand the outside sunlight!"

Have a love-hate relationship with that whole series. On the one hand, I love the setting, the depth, and neary everything about it.

On the other...it scares the hell out of me.

sktarq
2008-06-02, 03:00 PM
People who use talking points gleaned from mass media.
Crowds where people are acting via mob mentality
in a very small way back corner of my head-tattoos.

MR.PIXIE
2008-06-02, 03:01 PM
Centipieds and earwigs,
oohh! i get the creeps just typing them.

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-02, 03:05 PM
Tread ye not in K/K then. This might push you over the edge.

...*cowers in corner*

I hope my work ends up half that good...

DrowVampyre
2008-06-02, 03:21 PM
Bugs of all sorts, especially spiders, centipedes, and flying-stingy-things (bees, wasps, etc.). Just hearing bees buzzing or seeing a bunch of spiders on TV makes me itch and sends shivers down my spine. >_<

BizzaroStormy
2008-06-02, 03:26 PM
People I've never met wanting to know what scares me.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-06-02, 03:28 PM
me?.. it'll have to be puppets, mostly the realisitic ones.
>shudder<

so i herd u liek puppets?

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8206/1209954940444ez0.gif

Shademan
2008-06-02, 03:28 PM
the toilet on a local restaurant.
sure it LOOKS all right. but i could feel that the entire room was EVIL!

Thiefree
2008-06-02, 03:34 PM

Yes, a thousand times yes!

Boohbahs. Worst of all children's programmes. gave me nightmares, and I was 17.
http://www.citv.co.uk/static/boohbah1.jpg
:smallfrown:

Bonecrusher Doc
2008-06-02, 03:42 PM
People who don't wash their hands after coming out of a bathroom stall.

Copacetic
2008-06-02, 03:48 PM
Stalkers. That is all.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-06-02, 04:00 PM
Pedophiles and cockroaches. There are stories behind each, which I have already shared enough times that I don't feel the need to here. >.<

MR.PIXIE
2008-06-02, 04:04 PM
so i herd u liek puppets?

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8206/1209954940444ez0.gif

its so creepy! i want to look away but i just cant!!

BisectedBrioche
2008-06-02, 04:05 PM
its so creepy! i want to look away but i just cant!!

Aww, but they just want to be your friend.

Forever....

MR.PIXIE
2008-06-02, 04:10 PM
What the heck IS that??

Illiterate Scribe
2008-06-02, 04:19 PM
I found it on a website that ... well, it's known for its disturbing things. I have no clue what it is, though. I can find more, if you'd like. :smallsmile:

Tiffanie Lirle
2008-06-02, 04:20 PM
Spiders, I freakin' hate spiders. There are 4 of them in this room now. ;_;

Quirinus_Obsidian
2008-06-02, 04:44 PM
People who don't wash their hands after coming out of a bathroom stall.

I second and third that. It's like... don't come anywhere near me with those things!

NinjaHippy
2008-06-02, 04:45 PM
Salad Fingers creeps me the hell out. Also, anything involving blades/sharp objects/rough objects near my wrists gives me shivers.

Anything weirdly sexual is creepy as well, but we won't get into that here.

Jae
2008-06-02, 05:03 PM
Static noises. when i first moved, the pool waterfall was set by the previous owners and it would turn on for a few minutes every hour or so. something about cleaning out the pool? but whatever it sounded like static and i would always get the chills.

uhh other than that i cant think of too much.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-02, 05:14 PM

Oh gods yes! Especially the background noise, it's like AAAAAAAH *CRINGECOVEREARSCURLUPINLITTLEBALLINCORNER*

Jae
2008-06-02, 05:49 PM
OMG AND REN AND STIMPY
salad fingers never bothered me at all but ren and stimpy was flipping terrifying as a kid

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-02, 05:52 PM
OMG AND REN AND STIMPY
salad fingers never bothered me at all but ren and stimpy was flipping terrifying as a kid

See, I loved Ren and Stimpy as a kid, Rocko's Modern Life too, they were my favorite Nicktoons.

NinjaHippy
2008-06-02, 06:06 PM
Actually, come to think of it, Emperor Tippy kinda creeps me out at times...

Zarrexaij
2008-06-02, 06:11 PM
The Silent Hill games. "Nuff said.

Hebophiles (adults that are sexually attracted to minors but don't like little kids). On the Intertubes, they can be downright ****ing obsessive and creepy. I've been forums where there are so raging hebophiles that flirt with 13, 14, 15 year old girls anytime they see them online. It's not a pretty sight. :smalleek:

Air raid sirens. I blame Silent Hill.

Salad Fingers and the other cartoons done by the same guy. They're ridiculously unnerving. :smalleek:

Collin152
2008-06-02, 06:20 PM
The white drip stains on the walls of restroom stalls at my school.
You'd think there'ed be less after cleaning....

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-02, 06:58 PM
salad fingers never bothered me at all

How can you be creeped out by static noises but then not be creeped out by salad fingers? That's what's constantly playing in the background of those videos!

Jae
2008-06-02, 07:14 PM
See, I loved Ren and Stimpy as a kid, Rocko's Modern Life too, they were my favorite Nicktoons
Rockos modern life was pure brilliance, ren and stimpy gave me the chills. just..gah. they were so wierd and unexpected and the colors changed dramatically and the songs were so cynical. still creeps me out!
none of the other shows did, really. uhh i didnt much care for the animaniacs, but they werent horridly creepy. Ahhh! Real Monsters was one of my favs, and id think thatd be a lil creepy. ehhh..

How can you be creeped out by static noises but then not be creeped out by salad fingers? That's what's constantly playing in the background of those videos!
this is going to sound like a really dumb explanation but when i click salad fingers or w/e i can expect static. and i know where its coming from. its when you like, turn on a tv and that static comes up or it just comes out of nowhere..eeeek yeah ew

Edan
2008-06-02, 07:48 PM
Fern Gully and The Secret of Nimh

Also, the sound the zombies make in Half Life 2.

VForVaarsuvius
2008-06-02, 11:02 PM
Stalkers, online and off, Windmills, (Don't ask) mummies, any normal electric appliance or house that makes weird sounds only at night.

Agamid
2008-06-03, 01:29 AM
Old men, especially ones with comb-overs.
People who constantly need to touch/hug you.
Ferret Ladies (anyone who saw the documentary will know what i'm talking about).
A good % of the male population on WoW (especially the horde...).
Boohbahs are terrifying!! Utterly horrific!
People who take dirty jokes WAY too far and continue to laugh at them from several minutes.
Hairless Cats. (eeeeew!)
Furries and Plushies.
China Dolls.
People who obviously have had WAY too much plastic surgery.

poleboy
2008-06-03, 01:38 AM
Having my wrists cut open
Having nails ripped off
Very graphic depictions of childbirth
Strange noises in the dark
Obese people with strange sexual preferences

Felixaar
2008-06-03, 01:47 AM
See, I loved Ren and Stimpy as a kid, Rocko's Modern Life too, they were my favorite Nicktoons.

Rocko's Modern Life, man that takes me back... HIGH FIVE OF DOOM! Catdog?

@^ while I wouldnt call it creepy, losing nails is one of the few physical pains that I actually fear.

Hmm... creepy things, creepy things... I used to get creeped out by flying insects (mainly cause their were tons of them in the showers), but I'm over that now... Colossal Sock Puppets, though, still haunt my nightmares. Where do I go when they eat me? WHERE?

Dryken
2008-06-03, 01:51 AM
Lifesize puppets or dolls with porcelin heads. I had the worst nightmares of them when I was a kid.

Also ANY kind of insect. Except a caterpillar because they have such cute feet. And inchworms because they make me giggle.

And the feeling of velvet on my nails.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-06-03, 02:38 AM
Clowns always made me feel uncomfortable. Reading Stephen King's It didn't help either. Down with Banjo (and Giggles)!! :smallfurious:

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-03, 03:45 AM
Obese older women talking about sex (obese older men talking about sex are creepy too, but at least the men don't look at me funny when they're doing it so to me they come of as obnoxious instead).
Extremely unattractive extremely obnoxious extremely geeky (in the bad sense of the word) people (well, men in teens/twenties) talking about sex using weird Star Trek or D&D euphemisms.
S&M
Lots of ants in one place. I'm actualy kinda phobic of this.

Stalkers I actually like. I got stalked a few times in middle/high school and it was really good on my self esteem and my friends found it really amusing.

Thiefree
2008-06-03, 04:38 AM
OH AND AND AND PAPER BAGS

Seriously, carrier bags with paper handles

The way they rub together and sound and feel just sets my teeth on edge, I can't carry them. It's like licking a 9v battery but not as fun. :smallfrown:

Mx.Silver
2008-06-03, 07:08 AM
Johnny Depp.

Felixaar
2008-06-03, 07:11 AM
It's like licking a 9v battery but not as fun. :smallfrown:

XD

oh... that's the greatest analogy ever, seriously.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-03, 07:32 AM
My only fear and weakness is lack of cookies and milk. *shiver* The idea alone nearly makes me cry. *runs away to storage closet to eat some cookies and milk for comfort.*

randman22222
2008-06-03, 07:36 AM
Lol. Aliens. I don't like seeing how they're depicted in hollywood and elsewhere. They realllly creep me out. I just saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, or whatever it was called, that creeped me out.

Of course, if I actually met one, I probably would get along with it...

Tragic_Comedian
2008-06-03, 07:58 AM
Let's see.... Suburban houses with decor to match. It just seems like the pictures on the wall have ALWAYS been there. No one picked them out, no one said, "Oh, what a lovely picture of sheep with a Bible verse over top of them," ,etc. NO! THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN. If I where to try to take one of the pictures off the wall it wouldn't come off, it would stretch....
I love Punch and Judy, I really do, but... sometimes....in the dark of the night... I hear the sound of a swozzle and it makes me break out in goose-flesh.
This Kinder Surprise commercial with Humpty Dumpty.
I'm sure there are more.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-06-03, 09:57 AM
Old men, especially ones with comb-overs.
People who constantly need to touch/hug you.
Ferret Ladies (anyone who saw the documentary will know what i'm talking about).
A good % of the male population on WoW (especially the horde...).
Boohbahs are terrifying!! Utterly horrific!
People who take dirty jokes WAY too far and continue to laugh at them from several minutes.
Hairless Cats. (eeeeew!)
Furries and Plushies.
China Dolls.
People who obviously have had WAY too much plastic surgery.

...so I'm creepy? v.v

Thiefree, are you saying you enjoy electric shocks? Because...I do, too. >.>

banjo1985
2008-06-03, 10:25 AM
Hairless animlas of any description tend to be creepy to me.

And feet. Feet make me uncomfortable, to the extent that I have trouble saying the word out loud.

*shivers just thinking about it*

VForVaarsuvius
2008-06-03, 10:52 AM
Stalkers, online and off, Windmills, (Don't ask) mummies, any normal electric appliance or house that makes weird sounds only at night.

Oh, also to add: I'm afraid of getting freaked out.
Like if I walked into a haunted house, I'd be more scared of SEEING the ghosts then of the ghosts themselves. (I don't see how a spirit that can't interact with the world could hurt me anyway xD) If that makes any sense to you.

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-03, 12:06 PM

*huddles into the corner, weeping*

The song...the SONG!!

randman22222
2008-06-03, 12:13 PM
Oh yeah, banjo1985's HALO character creeps the expletive out of me.

Arioch
2008-06-03, 01:24 PM
Wierd noises at night.
The Empty Child

I like darkness (I can't sleep if there's light in the room) but hate half-light - everything looks creepy in half-light.

NinjaHippy
2008-06-03, 06:54 PM
Johnny Depp.

Gasp! We're not friends anymore.

Also, nails on a chalkboard? Nails on a chalkboard creep me out.

Purple Cloak
2008-06-03, 07:00 PM
What I find creepy is when people walk up to you in the street and speak to you like an old freind, especaly when you have no idea who they are and don't even recognise them but they know who you are.

Thats just weird :smalleek:

Desidus
2008-06-03, 07:13 PM
Clowns. To this day clowns mess me up. I see a clown on my side of the street and I walk across the bloody highway to get away from him/her.

I hope they all die in a huge clowntastic fire (er... unless they're related to somebody reading this or liked by somebody in here, in which case... I'm sorry you know a clown, but they had it coming)

Project_Mayhem
2008-06-04, 09:40 AM
I'm reminded of another one. My radiator at uni used to sound like a man breathing heavily, and I'd wake up at night and freak out

Recaiden
2008-06-04, 10:08 AM
CurlyKitGirl's avatar is really creepy. To me, it seems to be pure evil. No offense.
A few things in that 5 most terrifying insects thread.
People who are really focused on their religion.
Clowns. They aren't funny, so they must be scary.

MR.PIXIE
2008-06-04, 10:58 AM
the card bord cut out that seems to be at every subway .
he's allways stairing at me . its kinda creepy.

Thiefree
2008-06-04, 12:01 PM
Thiefree, are you saying you enjoy electric shocks? Because...I do, too. >.>

There's an element of fun to licking batteries, that's probably the kid in me :smallwink:

My boyfriend said he had something to say to me... then there was just STATIC SOUND coming out of his mouth and I seriously freaked!! The perils of dating a beatboxer with a wicked sense of humour...

SurlySeraph
2008-06-04, 11:08 PM
Flickering lights. Especially if something is moving in the flickering light.

Anyone who stares at you while breathing slowly and heavily. I don't care if they're tired, trying to relax, feeling lust for you, or whatever. It's creepy as hell.

Cats. Particularly when you turn around and one of them is staring at you from six inches away. Really, anything that can move very close to you without your hearing it is creepy.

Anyone with a sufficiently weird smile.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-05, 12:32 AM
Stuff done to fingernails and teeth. Like one episode of Deadliest Catch where a guy punched a hole in his crushed finger and then let out all the fluid inside. Oh god, I'm cringing just thinking about it...

poleboy
2008-06-05, 01:45 AM
Cats. Particularly when you turn around and one of them is staring at you from six inches away. Really, anything that can move very close to you without your hearing it is creepy.

Spend a little time around cats. Once you see them keel over because they're stretching too far trying to clean their private parts, they become a lot less mysterious :smallbiggrin:

ghost_warlock
2008-06-05, 02:19 AM
I was originally going to just say fish when I'm swimming...but the insect thread has reminded me how much centipedes creep me out! :smalleek:

MR.PIXIE
2008-06-05, 08:17 AM
I hate 'em too.
and earwigs.

randman22222
2008-06-05, 08:22 AM
The feeling you get in a dream when you turn on the lights, and nothing happens. It hasn't carried over into real life, at least.

Burrito
2008-06-06, 12:47 PM
Tiny, child sized caskets.....about the most disturbing thing ever.