PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect Rating

ImperialGolem
2008-06-02, 04:42 PM
Mass Effect is rated M, correct? What, exactly, is in the game that gives it this rating? I ask because my parents refuse to let me have it, until they know why it is rated M.

Ranis
2008-06-02, 04:51 PM
Mass Effect is rated M for Blood, Language, Partial Nudity, Sexual Themes, and Violence.

You never see the nudity if you never talk to your party members on the ship, blood is extremely minimal, there is minor cursing, especially if you're a prick to everyone you meet. The sexual themes also never show up if you don't talk to your party members.

Crispy Dave
2008-06-02, 04:54 PM
and dont do the quest for the consort

Poerts
2008-06-02, 05:14 PM
assuming you're allowed to play typical violence-filled video games, there's cursing and two possible sex scenes, as well as a lap dancer. All the more overtly sexual content is perfectly avoidable, the characters you get to do the do with are rather obvious. Think Battlestar Galactica, if your parents would be fine with you watching anything like that, you should be fine.

Murongo
2008-06-02, 07:48 PM
Torrent it for free. You're welcome.

UglyPanda
2008-06-02, 08:26 PM
For future reference, you can use the ESRB's website to look up the basic information. It's here. (http://www.esrb.org/)