PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Broken .pdf's?

Bitzeralisis
2008-06-02, 06:58 PM
I have about 200 .pdf's that need repairing. Searching on the internet only yielded nothing, albeit two $150 programs that either don't work in the demo version or make the "demo output" too small to read. So, does anyone have any super-secret, known-by-few methods or programs that can fix my .pdf's easy?

Trog
2008-06-02, 07:05 PM
In what way are they "broken?" :smallconfused:

Collin152
2008-06-02, 07:10 PM
Blitzy, are you in any way psychic?
This topic may or may not be exactly what I need.

Bitzeralisis
2008-06-02, 07:15 PM
@^: There's no 'l' in the first four letters of my name, but don't worry, 50%+ of all people get "Bitz" wrong on their first try.

But never add a 'y' to the end of that.

Or I will rip out your intestines and strangle you with them.

In what way are they "broken?" :smallconfused:

Acrobat Reader says something around the lines of, "This file could not be opened. And it could not be repaired." :/

Collin152
2008-06-02, 07:19 PM
@^: There's no 'l' in the first four letters of my name, but don't worry, 50%+ of all people get "Bitz" wrong on their first try.

^^ you're so silly.
I like you.
Too late, though, you're already Blitzy.

Trog
2008-06-02, 07:29 PM

Acrobat Reader says something around the lines of, "This file could not be opened. And it could not be repaired." :/
What version of Reader are you running? Is it the most current? You might be trying to open a newer PDF version than your reader can handle. Also check the filename to be sure it does not contain any characters other than letters and numbers.

Bitzeralisis
2008-06-02, 11:27 PM
What version of Reader are you running? Is it the most current? You might be trying to open a newer PDF version than your reader can handle. Also check the filename to be sure it does not contain any characters other than letters and numbers.

Hee. Well, about that... :smallbiggrin:

Yeah. I just upgraded my Acrobat Reader. That was the problem.

I can't believe how much trouble I went through to find out that all I needed was a program update.

Seriously, my Acrobat Reader was, like, five years old... it was Version 4, and the current one is Version 8. :smallannoyed:

*facepalm so hard that self goes flying into a wall* *wall collapses* *building collapses* *cliff building was on collapses* *huge avalanche causes earthquake* Ow... =_=

Trog
2008-06-03, 09:01 AM
Glad to be of service.

My bill:
http://www.slashgear.com/gallery/data_files/2/8/2/hs51_bill.jpg