PDA

View Full Version : Hitman the Bloody Stupid

Pronounceable
2008-06-02, 08:44 PM
Why, oh WHY do I get an uninterruptable slomo crap that waste five seconds of my life every time I get killed? Isn't it enough that I'm playing on pro (not to mention aiming at Silent Assasin) and have to restart even if I'm seen once? How much life do they think I have to waste on this damn game? [/rant]

Except for that, I love Hitman. I've been working my way thru the series and got full SAs (exclusively on pro) on every level in 2 and 3. And I WILL get all SA on Blood Money as well. Even that bloody slomo crap of stupidity won't stop me.

Why do I love Hitman so much? Cos it's a stealth game? Cos aiming for SA means very careful planning and near flawless execution? Cos you get to kill major bastards right at the heart of their seat of power without anyone noticing? Nope. I love it because we got a bald guy (with a barcode) in a tux who strangles people with a piano wire. Almost better than Garrett.

So, anyone got stories to tell? Like killing the car driver in mission Deadly Cargo, so Boris can't get the nuke and subsequently sniping him as he's bluffing the SWAT? Or getting run over by the general's car in Kurow Park Meeting because of needless running (most shameful)? Shots: 1, Headshots: 2? Maybe beating the Fuchs brother to death with a poker while he's sitting on WC thanks to the laxative slipped into his soup?

Think about it, how many games give you the opportunity to beat a guy to death with a poker while he's taking a crap? And in one mission, there's an opportunity of madly running around brandishing an axe, plus chasing the target with the said axe and splitting his head when you catch him while actually getting a SA. I love this series.

Though I'd kill (pun? surely not!) for a single save on pro.

ninja_penguin
2008-06-02, 08:54 PM
For the slo-mo bit: Headshot guys repeatedly (or as I've done, headshot one guy a billion time) and you'll pop back to life with about one hit's worth of health left. Not sure if it's really worth it overall, as by that time you've obviously wasted your good ratings.

I've only played Blood money, and my funny stories consist of how anti-climatic all of my 'boss' fights were. The fight at the Heaven and Hell club consisted of my firing three bullets, one of which must have been a head shot (you're fighting in nigh-darkness, and you both have cover. The last mission's boss fight ended when I accidently fired a shot from my pistol scoring a second badass-yet-stupid headshot.

I also like how you can push somebody over the edge of something, even if it's only about two feet from the ground, and they'll die.

Khanderas
2008-06-03, 02:42 AM
Only played the second Hitman, great ideas, excellent backdrop... IMMENSLY irritating AI.
If you run anywhere, they shoot to kill. Nevermind if it is a normal everyday street with NPC's running. Nevermind if you are in disguise. If you run you mus be an assassin and guards, soldiers and the police shoot you dead.

What a waste. All they had to do was spend a day extra coding in securitylevels (wierd bald guy in the mobsters bedroom vs shoot to kill in the freakin public subway).

poleboy
2008-06-03, 03:38 AM
I've only played the first one. The weirdest moment was probably the final level. Yeah so... I'm a silent assassin... with a chaingun? Huh?
And since IO is Danish, I got most of the inside jokes in the game. There were some great ones.

Khanderas
2008-06-04, 02:21 AM
I've only played the first one. The weirdest moment was probably the final level. Yeah so... I'm a silent assassin... with a chaingun? Huh?
And since IO is Danish, I got most of the inside jokes in the game. There were some great ones.
Granted I never played the first one, but what Danish specific jokes can there be in a Hitman game ? (Being swede I could problebly almost get it as well, just dont see any "room" for jokes)

Arang
2008-06-04, 04:06 AM
There is a Dolph joke in Blood Money.

Om
2008-06-06, 01:16 PM
I feel that the series only reached its true potential with Blood Money. The others are good games, and certainly very entertaining, but to my mind its the latest incarnation that really delivers on the Hitman promise. Excellent game

Edit: As for the best Hitman 'moment'? Easy - the entire Vegas level of Blood Money

Jothki
2008-06-06, 01:44 PM
Only played the second Hitman, great ideas, excellent backdrop... IMMENSLY irritating AI.
If you run anywhere, they shoot to kill. Nevermind if it is a normal everyday street with NPC's running. Nevermind if you are in disguise. If you run you mus be an assassin and guards, soldiers and the police shoot you dead.

What a waste. All they had to do was spend a day extra coding in securitylevels (wierd bald guy in the mobsters bedroom vs shoot to kill in the freakin public subway).

One time on the first level, a guard noticed me (even though I was walking, wearing a guard's uniform, and carrying the same gun that they do :smallmad:) and went into full alert. And then wandered off on patrol, leaving it up to everyone else to attack me.

Theodoriph
2008-06-06, 01:56 PM
The one thing that bugged me in the first one was that the guards didn't shoot often enough. I mean, all of them in the first few levels were asian...every single guard...and yet a white man wearing a guard's uniform elicits no real suspicion? I mean you think they'd know if a white man was a member of their squad...they do live in the same barracks after all.

They should have been all over Hitman as soon as they glanced his pasty white complexion. I mean honestly...it was ridiculous.