PDA

View Full Version : Real Life

Zakama
2008-06-03, 02:28 AM
So, how's reality going for everyone? I myself am psyched for summer and going on choir tour in a few weeks.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-06-03, 02:34 AM
Choir, good times. I've got a few exams in 6 days (over 2 weeks) and I'm not too excited about that. Nevertheless, I'm planning to graduate with honours to go straight into postgrad. so I need some crazy GPAs right from this first semester of first year. Gotta hold on... :smallcool:

poleboy
2008-06-03, 02:44 AM
Looking forward to summer vacation. Not going anywhere though, just sit at home and play videogames with a fan. Ahh good times!

Dryken
2008-06-03, 02:56 AM
Feeling crappy for no reason, but am also optimistic about the future. Am thinking it's time I get some sleep cause I have to do a filmshoot tomorrow.

randman22222
2008-06-03, 02:56 AM
Real life's okay. I still dislike the people at my new school, nearly all of them, but I've gotten used to it now. I start guitar lessons this saturday, so that makes me happy. :smallbiggrin:

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-03, 03:34 AM
I'm a big idiot. I now have two jobs because I took too long deciding which one I want to stay at. One has great tips though so I guess I'll quit the other one in the next few days. But this week is hell, I'm working 7 days straight and maybe a few more next week right after with no break inbetween.

Dihan
2008-06-03, 03:38 AM
I still have 7 exams, ending next week, and school until the end of July.

The Orange Zergling
2008-06-03, 03:41 AM
...It's been stormy this week? I dunno, not much is coming up, I already came back from the annual vacation, and I'm homeschooled, not to mention too young to be legally employed and I don't have that much of a social life to speak of.

Thiefree
2008-06-03, 04:41 AM
Real life for me is kind of strange. Everyone's leaving university one by one for the summer. I'm moving out on Saturday, and until then I kind of have to sit in the void playing cards or something.

Ranna
2008-06-03, 04:45 AM
I am leaving uni too, one more exam on saturday, then a week of relaxing at home and then a week of celebratory parties including our end of year 4 - 4 FUN FAIR!!!!

Roller disco when drunk? Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But apart from that I have very little to do, I am supposed to be learning a module (I say learning instead of revision because I don't know any of it yet) but there are other things to do in this wide wide world, even if the weather is poop at the moment.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-03, 04:51 AM
Things aren't going too badly for me. I'll start at Wolverhampton University in september, and my driving is starting to improve a lot (I started taking lessons in March).

Serpentine
2008-06-03, 04:58 AM
Hmmm...
Dealing with newfound singledom with no immediate prospects for haffection.
Friends' lives are screwy.
Two overdue assignments.
Exam in 2 weeks.
House is a mess.
Cat is outside... better let him back in.
I seem to spend a whooooole lot of time not doing anything :smallsigh: ...like now.

Tom_Violence
2008-06-03, 06:06 AM
I need to find a job and then move across the continent. No mean feat, I must say.

randman22222
2008-06-03, 06:18 AM
Random comment: Listen to this song and you'll feel at least a little happier about anything and everything:

Once In A Lifetime (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYbUCvz1LYE)

Felixaar
2008-06-03, 06:27 AM
SERP HAS A KITTY(!!!!) (pics?)

personally though, I leave for africa in five days, I get to traipse around four countries in two continents, I've got a bunch of wonderful playgrounders kickin' me out spare beds, and I've got lots of hugs too look forward to when I get back!

Yeah, life is pretty awesome right now.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-03, 06:49 AM
No. No...no..go away... I don't want you...I want to stay in the place with the warm and fuzzy feelings....

CrazedGoblin
2008-06-03, 07:00 AM
last AS exam tommorow YAY!!!!!!

Serpentine
2008-06-03, 07:03 AM
SERP HAS A KITTY(!!!!) (pics?)Have a look in the You thread, one of the last couple of pages :smalltongue:
Also: Lucky duck :smallannoyed:

Player_Zero
2008-06-03, 07:08 AM
I don't exist in real life. I am a figment of a dream of the internet.

someonenonotyou
2008-06-03, 07:33 AM
Looking forward to summer vacation Not doing anything really except going to draw video games and post here and i might try and do my webcomic idea i had forever but never got around to doing it

Castaras
2008-06-03, 07:38 AM
Meh. Real life I could do without. Exams, and very few people I can actually talk to in real life now. :smallannoyed:

Wish I could just be in virtual worlds. Would be so much easier.

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-03, 07:42 AM
Hmm...

at work: bad
no overtime: good

just got bad from a vacation: good
apparently I brought back something that's giving me random stomach cramps: bad

new mp3 player: good
it's the THIRD ONE this month that's completely died on me for unknown reasons...Best Buy better be giving me my *$%^$*@! money back after this...: bad

Blayze
2008-06-03, 07:50 AM
Meatspace is handling alright. Been struggling with my computer for the past week or so, though. I thought Vista had managed to take out three entire hard drives when it killed itself, but I've dropped back to a *real* OS (XP) and everything should be fixed now.

Taken up Taekwondo as well, and it's been entertaining so far. My hideous lack of exercise is proving to be at least half the laughs involved...

randman22222
2008-06-03, 07:52 AM
Two words: Operator Error.

I've had vista running for one and a half years, flawlessly. My computer has never crashed, none of my hardware has died. Home-built computer.

TRM
2008-06-03, 07:55 AM
My life right now:

:smallsmile:

RL is great! I plan to get even more involved with my rowing club this summer and have just started sculling practices; soon I will be helping teach inexperienced kiddos youths how to row 5 days a week... most of the "kids" will be older than me.

I have hopes of working on a CSA farm this summer, it's essentially the only job an underage boy like myself can get.

If I'm lucky, I'll be going on a bike-camping trip with my bestest friends and travel to look at colleges for my brother and maybe visit some family while we're there.

Also:

Meh. Real life I could do without. Exams, and very few people I can actually talk to in real life now.

I don't exist in real life. I am a figment of a dream of the internet.

I dunno, not much is coming up, I already came back from the annual vacation, and I'm homeschooled, not to mention too young to be legally employed and I don't have that much of a social life to speak of.

I'd talk to all of you in Real Life (Though you might not want to talk to me...). Let me just stalk you until I get your phone numbers and then I'll call you up to chat, maybe I'll make visits too... :smalltongue:

DarkLightDragon
2008-06-03, 07:56 AM
Its my 17th birthday on the 11th, which is great, but at the same time I'm worrying about on overdue school assignment, am fully aware that I am in trouble for it and am trying to procrastinate anyway.

EDIT: I also currently can't get to the notes I have taken for said assignment.

randman22222
2008-06-03, 07:57 AM
Yeah I think it'd be cool for all us anti-socials to meet up, and express our distaste for humanity. :smalltongue: At least, it'd be good for some laughs.

Telonius
2008-06-03, 07:58 AM
Real life: I swear I heard the gas pump laugh maniacally last time I filled up. Otherwise not bad. Anxiously awaiting a response from a literary agent - hopefully I'll either have my first rejection letter, or hit the jackpot, by midway through June. Day job is still going relatively well. They haven't figured out I'm screwing around on this site all day think I'm an exemplary worker.

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-03, 08:08 AM
Yeah I think it'd be cool for all us anti-socials to meet up, and express our distaste for humanity. :smalltongue: At least, it'd be good for some laughs.

I'll bring the liquor, you bring the music.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-03, 08:10 AM
Blaaaaah Soc Exam Is Tomorrow

Griever
2008-06-03, 08:11 AM
My High School Graduation Ceremony starts in 11 hours and we have about 1100 graduates, guess that is a good, eh?

The incision where they put my pacemaker two weeks ago is healing up nicely and my car is in the shop while I hold a 4.5 thousand dollar check from the-guy-who-hit-me's insurance company.

TRM
2008-06-03, 08:16 AM

I? I will bring binoculars and learn the habits of the anti-social forumites from a nearby rooftop. :smalltongue:

de-trick
2008-06-03, 08:16 AM
waiting for the partys to start

have sisters Grad, fair, birthday, and a couple of festivals i could get into

PS: birthday is August 10 :smallwink:

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-03, 08:17 AM
I? I will bring binoculars and learn the habits of the anti-social forumites from a nearby rooftop. :smalltongue:

So we have a budding musican, a geek, and a peeping tom...

...sounds like a party I went to once...

†Seer†
2008-06-03, 08:18 AM
Real life is hell currently.

Looking for a decent job while struggling through my classes because I'm lacking the buffer of GUR's that most people have (transferred in as a jun.) Also stressing over my lease, because I need a co-signer and the deadlines coming up. The current possibility of someone signing is a 50/50 so if that doesn't go through, I don't have a place to live O.o

Summer is debatable... will see friends I've missed a lot, but will have to deal with a lot, lot of people I left my hometown to avoid..

Also, will be going home for the first time since my parents got divorced. So that should be interesting..

As to plans for the summer.. running around at night with said friends doing illegal things :smalltongue:

TRM
2008-06-03, 08:23 AM

Nononononono. I'm a "social scientist" studying your habits in the wild, not a "peeping tom."

And, now I want to hear about that party you went to in RL...

Natania
2008-06-03, 08:25 AM
Life's pretty good at the moment... Just got news that I passed all but one of my exames and I can redo that one so no problemo there. And besides that I'm leaving for Israël in 3 weeks!!! And won't be coming back to reality again for 7 weeks so hey my life is amazing at the moment!!

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-03, 08:29 AM
Nononononono. I'm a "social scientist" studying your habits in the wild, not a "peeping tom."

And, now I want to hear about that party you went to in RL...

:smallwink:

That, my friend, will have to stay a secret...

ugh...another cramp...might be headed home early at this rate...

real-life's a mixed bag today, I guess.

Player_Zero
2008-06-03, 08:37 AM
I'd talk to all of you in Real Life (Though you might not want to talk to me...). Let me just stalk you until I get your phone numbers and then I'll call you up to chat, maybe I'll make visits too... :smalltongue:
What did I just say about me not existing? Geez... Some people don't even pay attention. If I existed do you really think that I'd lie about it on the internet? ...Bad manners is what I call it.

...Budding musician? ...Budding... Bud... Buddy. Yeah, I like it. Buddy.

You're not elfish are you?

Griever
2008-06-03, 08:43 AM
...Nonexistant manners is what I call it.

Fixed it for you.

TRM
2008-06-03, 08:51 AM
What did I just say about me not existing? Geez... Some people don't even pay attention. If I existed do you really think that I'd lie about it on the internet? ...Bad manners is what I call it.

...Budding musician? ...Budding... Bud... Buddy. Yeah, I like it. Buddy.

You're not elfish are you?
The_Rogue_Monk reddens and crawls, sniffling under a rock. "I thought you loved me, Player_Zero! I thought we could make it work out, but..."

I have an on topic question for everyone:
How do you feel your Real Life compares to your internet life?

Player_Zero
2008-06-03, 08:58 AM
The_Rogue_Monk reddens and crawls, sniffling under a rock. "I thought you loved me, Player_Zero! I thought we could make it work out, but..."
I'm afraid I was only ever a memory of a memory. I am gone. A hollow, dead thing. For years, I clung to the memory of it. Then the memory of the memory. And then nothing. I look at you and feel nothing. Once my thirst for power was everything. And now I hunger only for revenge. And... I... Will... HAVE IT! ...:smalltongue:
/Irenicus

Fixed it for you.
Ba dum tish. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQZi7tmWhR4&feature=related)

Tragic_Comedian
2008-06-03, 09:02 AM
Not much to report. I'm trying to throw together an Irish folk band and a production of Sweeney Todd, without the benefit of a stage. I'm not worried about it. Sorry if this post seems a bit incoherent.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-03, 09:15 AM
I dearly want to say something : It can not compare, I'd chose my internet life anyday over my Real Life....

Yes, I am pathetic..

Player_Zero
2008-06-03, 09:19 AM

Ohhhh yeah... On topic posting... I remember that...

Anyway, I'd say that since I spend at least 50% of my day online and the rest in class that my real life is mostly irrelevant.

B-Man
2008-06-03, 09:33 AM
I don't mind RL too much. Granted, I've been virtually internetless since 14 April, but I just recently regained my internet. :smallbiggrin:

In real life, I just tend to hang out with my friend when she and I are not working. We've been good friends since Grade 9. I also tend to have weekly Guitar Hero "concerts" with another good friend of mine. I still cannot play well on Hard difficulty. :smallyuk:

As to comparing my RL to my internet life? I live my internet life nearly identical to my RL, so there isn't much to compare. Well, 'cept here I can change my appearance whenever I want to.

Thufir
2008-06-03, 10:00 AM
Real life is pretty good at the moment. My last exam is in 2 days, next week I'm in the summer show of the Gilbert & Sullivan society, and I'm seeing my friends reasonably often. The only downside is I'm now into my 3rd decade of life, which makes me feel old.

Comparing internet life to real life... I sometimes find internet conversations easier than real life ones, because they move at a slower pace, with more time to think and less of other people butting in. Also, it would be difficult to meet far away people such as yourselves in RL.
However, some things (Hugs, choral singing and going out drinking, for example) just don't work as well on the internet.
In practice, I use my internet life partly to supplement my real one. Internet is good for arranging things, and if I couldn't talk to my friends on facebook all the time, I might have to resort to stalking them, and I just don't have the time for that right now.

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-03, 10:05 AM
Internet life to real life...hmm.

Here I am a very different person than in that blasted place they call the real world. Though I'm working on that, I'm finding I like the person I am here more than the person offline.

I enjoy my life here more than outside, if only because here I actually have people around to talk to.

banjo1985
2008-06-03, 10:09 AM
RL is peachy for me, just moved into my own apartment, and I'm past having to care about exams ever again, so all in all life is good.

What isn't so good is living without internet or even a phoneline at said apartment, RL's great and all but I'd like to be able to get on line somewhere other than work.

As for real lif eto internet life, I'm actually almost the same person. Maybe I have the confidence to be slightly sillier on here, but there probably isn't much difference.

That's right, I am like this in real life......pray you never meet me! :smallamused:

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-03, 10:19 AM
RL is peachy for me, just moved into my own apartment, and I'm past having to care about exams ever again, so all in all life is good.

What isn't so good is living without internet or even a phoneline at said apartment, RL's great and all but I'd like to be able to get on line somewhere other than work.

Pssh, where do you think I do most of my posting from?

As for real lif eto internet life, I'm actually almost the same person. Maybe I have the confidence to be slightly sillier on here, but there probably isn't much difference.

That's right, I am like this in real life......pray you never meet me! :smallamused:

Hey! That's my line!

banjo1985
2008-06-03, 10:22 AM
Well indeed, I post a ridiculous amount from work too...just don't tell the boss. :smalleek:

*gives line back, just creased in one corner and a little dog-eared*

Sorry Mr Cristo, I don't want another Debacle. :smallamused:

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-03, 10:23 AM
I am myself on these boards as well!

Griever
2008-06-03, 10:25 AM
RL vs. Here, oooo, the perennial epic struggle of worlds!!

In RL I tend to be very conservative of thoughts, emotions and everything else, to the point that some people believe I am bereft of feeling, unfortunately.

Here, I attempt to "let my hair down" some, usually by following Atreyu's example, although I am sure I fall quite short of the well-groomed master.

randman22222
2008-06-03, 10:28 AM

This antisocial has problems with the role of alcohol in society.

Cristo Meyers
2008-06-03, 10:30 AM
Very well, I'll bring the non-alcoholic party-type beverages then.

Sorry Mr Cristo, I don't want another Debacle. :smallamused:

...you are so lucky there's an ocean between us right now...:smalltongue:

Player_Zero
2008-06-03, 10:32 AM
Hey! That's my line!

Let's just agree that we're all weird and/or psychotic... With or without a passion for violence upon those who are judged to deserve my mighty retribution as I rain down a firestorm of chaos upon the world below me as I purge this world of the unnecessary filth, paving the way for my own personal Eden! AHAHAHAHAH!

Arokh
2008-06-03, 11:22 AM
Hmm... Real Life you say?
Mine is rather mixed right now.

On the one hand, I just passed my damn final exams, and now have almost a month to do some of the things I always wanted to do.

On the other hand, my exam was not as good as I hoped, which means I will have to take another oral exam to improve it at least a bit.
And I somehow have to fit that, two appointments, and the removal of my wisdom theet into the three weeks before I have to spend nine months in the army (well, actually it is the airforce, but you get what I mean).

So long, Arokh.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-03, 11:25 AM
I am way more open here then in RL.

randman22222
2008-06-03, 11:28 AM
I am way more open here then in RL.

That's the wonderful anonymity of the intertubes. I'm the same way.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-03, 11:31 AM
*sigh* My sociology textbook is so boring! But I need to read it or I will fail class! Again! RL is annoying!
15 more minutes on the intertubes and then I will leave. :smallfrown:

dish
2008-06-03, 11:37 AM
Not content with the umpteen cats (plus the stray kitten I rescued last week and the Pekingnese dog) my husband decided to add: 3 snakes, 2 rabbits and a guinea pig.

In real life I appear to live in a petting zoo.
(Well, apart from the snakes. He won't let me touch them since I freaked out and dropped the python when it looked at me.)

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-03, 03:30 PM
This textbook is written by a proponent of constructionist approaches to social problems. That's fine and all, but the constructionist approach seems totally useless as far as action goes. I mean, sure, thinking about who is making the claim and why we are worried about it is one thing, but objectivists are actually trying to solve what they perceive are social problems. Constructionism is useful in determining what social problem TO worry about, but objectivism is needed in order to fix the problem.

Player_Zero
2008-06-03, 03:34 PM
This textbook is written by a proponent of constructionist approaches to social problems. That's fine and all, but the constructionist approach seems totally useless as far as action goes. I mean, sure, thinking about who is making the claim and why we are worried about it is one thing, but objectivists are actually trying to solve what they perceive are social problems. Constructionism is useful in determining what social problem TO worry about, but objectivism is needed in order to fix the problem.

...What?

...And what is constructionism? :smallconfused:

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-03, 03:41 PM
Constructionists believe that social issues are constructions of society. Studying social problems from this angle gives you nothing on how to solve them.

Player_Zero
2008-06-03, 03:45 PM
Interesting... Did you know that swans can kill a man with a swing of its neck? Yeah. You better be careful next time you feed them ducks.

...Also, at relativistic speeds all things obtain wave-particle duality.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-03, 03:48 PM
See? Sociology is BORING!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-03, 03:51 PM
See? Sociology is BORING!

Why did you chose that class then?:smallconfused:

Copacetic
2008-06-03, 04:04 PM
Woo! I am almost finished with the school year! Just one more day! And it's a field trip, at that.

Player_Zero
2008-06-03, 04:10 PM
Woo! I am almost finished with the school year! Just one more day! And it's a field trip, at that.

Hi five. I've got three more days... Then I'll never have to see anyone ever again, I can just lock myself in my room. You see, I have planned my life based on the anime series Welcome To NHK, and so plan to be a Hikikomori (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikikomori). Fun times.

The Rose Dragon
2008-06-03, 04:11 PM
I read The Long Halloween, which may be the best Batman story ever, and...

That's it.

No, really.

What are you waiting, a confession?

Go away!

randman22222
2008-06-03, 04:14 PM
Hi five. I've got three more days... Then I'll never have to see anyone ever again, I can just lock myself in my room. You see, I have planned my life based on the anime series Welcome To NHK, and so plan to be a Hikikomori (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikikomori). Fun times.

Don't do that... Society is fun to watch and interact with from a distance. Fun to make fun of. Don't have to hide from it completely.

Player_Zero
2008-06-03, 04:23 PM
Don't do that... Society is fun to watch and interact with from a distance. Fun to make fun of. Don't have to hide from it completely.

Meh. If you derrive no fun from interaction with society due to your own fears and doubts then what's the point of trying in the first place? Much safer in here where my only danger is disappointing myself, and seeing as I've done that quite a lot anyway I reckon I might as well.

randman22222
2008-06-03, 04:25 PM
Meh. If you derrive no fun from interaction with society due to your own fears and doubts then what's the point of trying in the first place? Much safer in here where my only danger is disappointing myself, and seeing as I've done that quite a lot anyway I reckon I might as well.

That makes me sad for some reason... And I don't even know if you're a female in disguise in part of a larger conspiracy, or you're even extent. You could be a figment of my imagination, for all I know. Anywho, G'night.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-03, 05:16 PM
Why did you chose that class then?:smallconfused:

Well, I'm in it now because I failed it first semester. I was in it first semester because I registered late and had very few choices.

Darius Midnite
2008-06-03, 05:20 PM
I shall be attending an annual music festival in Denmark. It's gonna be the time of my life. Eight days of relaxing, drinking and rocking.

Jae
2008-06-03, 05:37 PM
A-may-zinggg. no joke.
&& as of late my life fluctuates from me being completely unhappy to never feeling better.
ive noticed, though, that...gasp... im actually in control of my own life
regardless of other people or the setting, i can make things fairly interesting. a little bit of insidejokes and a little bit of best friends. haha ohhman. i really do love my friends though. and one of thee besties just gave me a ride home and it was basically the most interesting ride home ever hahahh we're so lame but i love it.

just, case in point, summer is around the corner and ill be able to engulf myself in best friends, running, and volunteer work. i can brainstorm for next years club work, i can spend however long i want at thee shelter, i can run my flippin heart out and get decent again, i can joke and have fun and my friend is coming down from Oregon!!

ugh yes. its almost too good. a week and a half <333

oh..but yearbooks are SCARY

MisterSaturnine
2008-06-03, 05:43 PM
A little bit crappy as of late, but hopefully it'll be getting better. I have a college tour in less than a week, which means I get to go to New York for a while (I miss it).

I had a series of really terrible nosebleeds a few days ago, and so had to get my blood vessels cauterized which was not very fun at all. And I just recently got caught up on all the work I didn't do during the school year.

Now to work on that driver's license...

Desidus
2008-06-03, 07:09 PM
Life's good. Enjoying the single life again and getting a motorcycle (you'd be surprised how enjoyable a good ride up and down A1A (er... road near beach) is). Not taking any summer classes so I'm just enjoying some gym time and working my ass off, like a good little corporate bitch :), and going out with friends far too much for my wallet to handle.

Oh, and I'm moving, so I'm getting my yearly posts in before I lose internet for a week. woo!

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-03, 07:11 PM
Real life:smallconfused:? what is this "real life"? oh wait I know....:smalleek:
Really though good news for me is that Video games live is coming up for us, World wide D&D game day is soon, and I passed all my exams/courses. Phew...

OwlbearUltimate
2008-06-03, 08:39 PM
A bit overworked right now, with state testing, finals, Portfolio Project, and baseball. Also, the day school ends, I have to pack for a weeklong trip to no-electronics island. Yay! The toilets are holes, the showers are bags of water, and absolutely nothing electric is allowed! It could be fun, away from technology, but I think I am gonna use the time to right up my whole 4e campaign.

Felixaar
2008-06-03, 11:25 PM
Have a look in the You thread, one of the last couple of pages :smalltongue:
Also: Lucky duck :smallannoyed:

*dilligently looks up*

Gah! Cuteness! I miss having a cat. And my old cat (Felix (yeah, shock)) looks almost exactly like yours, except he was a little bigger and probably a bit more on the brownish side of gray whereas yours is on the blackish side. Name/age?

Also, I wish. Being a duck would be AWESOME. I am lucky though :smallsmile:

randman22222
2008-06-04, 12:46 AM
<snip>

oh..but yearbooks are SCARY

I think I just wrote the weirdest yearbook entry possible in my friend's book. To give a small idea, it detailed how to make a coilgun, and a thermite reaction. It also included a rant talking about the philosophy behind yearbook entries. Yeah, I'm a science nerd. :smallbiggrin: