PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Parcels

GlordFunkelhand
2008-06-03, 05:47 AM
I don't think I understand how parcels are supposed to work correctly.

They list a number of parcels per level. Is that the total reward the group should get for the level? So I need to keep track of the parcels they already got?
Do I simply pick one of the parcels as soon as I need a treasure?

Grug
2008-06-03, 07:17 AM
I think so. Just be careful not to duplicate parcels.

And before anyone gets snippy, the parcels are just suggestions so busy DMs don't have to count up individual GPs.

Tough_Tonka
2008-06-03, 11:58 AM
Do they have a rewards per encounter table in the DMG somewhere?

Dark Tira
2008-06-03, 12:07 PM
Do they have a rewards per encounter table in the DMG somewhere?

Nope, which actually makes sense since character wealth is determined by level.

RukiTanuki
2008-06-03, 02:56 PM
Nope, which actually makes sense since character wealth is determined by level.

Huh? What's page 126, then? Isn't that the topic at hand?

I plan to just write down the numbers 1-10 on my scratch pad, and as the PCs find treasure, check off the number correlating to a parcel that fits the situation. It's a nice shortcut to have; I always disliked trying to spend the few preparation hours I had sprinkling treasure in logical areas, while trying to follow WBL. Now I've got prepackaged parcels I can quickly use and make subtle variations upon.

Yakk
2008-06-03, 03:29 PM
Under standard XP rules, 6 to 8 encounters and one major quest, and each character getting an individual minor quest, produces a level roughly.

The treasure-by-level table, broken up into parcels, gives you a way to divvy up the treasure that a party is expected to get over a single level. They are then expected to spend the majority of their cash-treasure buying or making magic items to fill in gaps, I presume.