PDA

View Full Version : Exalted - looking for insight and opinions

cybosage
2008-06-03, 11:07 AM
I'm looking for some veteran Exalted players to give some insight on good ways to introduce the setting to players who have previously only played D&D, give tips to a GM who has previously only played D&D, and give opinions on what books they like/don't like for the setting.

Basically, we were going to pick up 4th ed., but franly, I'm just not impressed, and I want to try something from a different company.

Anyone have some insight?

Indon
2008-06-03, 11:12 AM
I introduced my group to Exalted by running each through a 1-shot of their Exaltations as solars (only let them play Solars for the one-shot) and then a single session where they did some stuff and ended up fighting some Dragon Blooded.

Ravyn
2008-06-03, 12:23 PM
Well.... my first ST introduced me to it by explaining the system during six or seven laps around a building at my college campus. I've mostly followed the explain and then drop them in school of introduction; it's worked well for me so far, and I've trained up more newbies than I care to think about. Though I personally prefer heroic mortals over DBs for the initial fight--get them used to the combat system before they have to start worrying about accounting for the opposition throwing Charms around. (It does take a bit to get them used to their own strength, though; tell them Bashing wraps around into Lethal early and often, or they'll find the worst possible time to forget.)