PDA

View Full Version : 4th ed half orc

toddex
2008-06-03, 05:10 PM
I was thinking of making them similar to the half elf. +2 con +2 str though. Guess i'd have to make up some orc feats also...

Charity
2008-06-03, 05:37 PM
Er I'd make them similar the same as the orc entry in the MM

Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Giant

Running Charge: When you charge, add 2 to your speed.

Warrior’s Surge:
Encounter Standard Action Melee weapon
Attack: Strength vs. AC

Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you can spend a healing surge.
Increase to 2[W] + Strength modifier damage at 21st level.

Prophaniti
2008-06-03, 05:40 PM
Con and Str would be the stats, racial abilities that have something to do with raging to increase damage or to increase survivability would fit best probably. If I had the 4E books myself I'd likely have already designed equivilant abilities for half orcs, but I don't so... Also I don't usually point out stuff like this, but this thread ought to be in homebrew...

Sir Biscuit
2008-06-03, 06:27 PM
The first moster manual has templates for a lot of creatures in the back, including Orcs. It's entirely possible to make an Orc PC, it's presented like any other race, really. I'd start off that.

RukiTanuki
2008-06-03, 07:34 PM
I'd just use the Orc stats.

EvilJames
2008-06-03, 10:39 PM
If you use orc stats for the half orc, then what will you use if someone wanted to play a full orc.

If they don't have Half-orc stats then using the half elf as a template makes sense. What ever the difference between a half-elf and a full elf is make a similar difference between the orc and half-orc.

Myshlaevsky
2008-06-03, 10:43 PM
Half-elves are pretty much completely different to Elves, though.

Kurald Galain
2008-06-04, 05:14 AM
Half-elves are pretty much completely different to Elves, though.

That's true. Based on the half-elf, the half-orc should obviously be +2 INT, +2 DEX, with a skill bonus to Craft (Cooking), and the power to push an enemy three squares once per encounter (because, you know, half-orcs don't bathe all that often).

:smallbiggrin:

Myshlaevsky
2008-06-04, 05:41 AM
Hell, I'd play that.

For hybrid races, I suppose you need to come up with a 'theme' - half-elves are born survivors (possible to get that from human adaptability and elven wilderness affinity) and natural leaders (err.....). the problem is, whatever you decide the race's defining principle is, WotC can easily decide otherwise.

MartinHarper
2008-06-04, 06:24 AM
I'd just use the Orc stats.

Ie, the "Orc" gene is dominant.