PDA

View Full Version : [W] (Stupid Question)

Zocelot
2008-06-03, 06:36 PM
As I was reading through the players handbook, I've noticed the term [W] pop up a lot. I must have skipped over the part where it says what this means, and I can't find it. Can somebody please tell me what this means?

tyckspoon
2008-06-03, 06:39 PM
Base weapon damage. It does not include any bonuses such as might be acquired from stats, magical effects, or feats- those all get collected into the + (y) portion of the attack.

GlordFunkelhand
2008-06-04, 01:27 AM
[W] is the weapon's damage dice. If you use a d8 for weapon damage, it would be a d8 for example.

Had the same problem. It#s not explained when it's first used. I think I found it either around the weapons list or combat rules chapter.

That problem will pop up more often. I had to look for several some "new common terms" while browsing through the books.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-06-04, 08:10 AM
Yeah, it's in Combat, page 275 or somesuch.

The PHB generally is a bit poorly edited and indexed. Why on earth isn't something that's an integral part of almost all power descriptions listed in the section that dissects power descriptions??

LibraryOgre
2008-06-04, 05:10 PM
I'm glad to know I wasn't the only person saying whisky tango foxtrot about the |W|.