PDA

View Full Version : 4e: Aasimar as a playable PC race

JaxGaret
2008-06-03, 07:59 PM
It was actually fairly simple and fun to convert the 3e Aasimar to a 4e PC race.

Aasimar

Ability Scores: +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Darkvision

Languages: Common, Celestial
Skill Bonuses: +2 Perception
Favor of the Heavens: You have Resist 5 Acid, Cold, and Lightning.

Daylight Aasimar Racial Power
You bring light to the darkness.
Daily
Minor Action Ranged 5
Effect: You cause the target to shed bright light. The light fills the target’s square and all squares within 12 squares of it. The light lasts for 5 minutes. Putting out the light is a free action. Creatures that take penalties in bright light also take them while within the radius of this magical light. Despite its name, this spell is not the equivalent of daylight for the purposes of creatures that are damaged or destroyed by bright light. If daylight is cast on a small object that is then placed inside or under a light-proof covering, the spell’s effects are blocked until the covering is removed. Daylight brought into an area of magical darkness (or vice versa) is temporarily negated, so that the otherwise prevailing light conditions exist in the overlapping areas of effect. Daylight counters or dispels any darkness spell.

Xefas
2008-06-03, 08:03 PM
I seem to have beaten you to the punch by 5 days or so. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81659)

I think someone needs to make some kind of compendium for all the 4e homebrew coming out, since it's getting cluttered with all the 3e stuff.

Daracaex
2008-06-03, 08:21 PM
I was actually planning on doing that when I got some free time. In fact, I think I'll go do it now. :smallbiggrin:

JaxGaret
2008-06-04, 09:48 PM
I seem to have beaten you to the punch by 5 days or so. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81659)

I think someone needs to make some kind of compendium for all the 4e homebrew coming out, since it's getting cluttered with all the 3e stuff.

I see.

Yours is more of a new 4e version of the Aasimar, whereas mine is a strict conversion from the 3.5e Aasimar. So they're two different takes on the same race, really.

Is it whoever-makes-it-first around here or something? :smallconfused:

The Necroswanso
2008-06-04, 10:13 PM
Well, when homebrewing something four 4th edition wouldn't you wanta rebuild? And I really don't see how the two are different.

Xefas
2008-06-04, 10:40 PM
Is it whoever-makes-it-first around here or something? :smallconfused:

Oh, no, that isn't what I meant. I meant it as sort of a "Hey, you like Aasimars? I like Aasimars too. Wanna see mine? His name is Steve. I just bought him the Arcadian Dollhouse with super Saint-Cuthbert-Karate-Chop-Action. If you wanna come over, I can show you my Aasimar matching lunchbox and backpack set."

JaxGaret
2008-06-04, 11:37 PM
Oh, no, that isn't what I meant. I meant it as sort of a "Hey, you like Aasimars? I like Aasimars too. Wanna see mine? His name is Steve. I just bought him the Arcadian Dollhouse with super Saint-Cuthbert-Karate-Chop-Action. If you wanna come over, I can show you my Aasimar matching lunchbox and backpack set."

:smallsmile:

Okay, cool. I like the fact that you included racial feats for your Aasimar, as if it were a PHB race. That's a neat idea.

I was just happy to have my first 4e homebrew :smallbiggrin:

And it was actually really easy! And fun. I like 4e.

Squash Monster
2008-06-06, 12:57 AM
I've been posting 4E homebrew races on 4chan's /tg/ forum. Among those was an Aasimar homebrew. The first half is from some other anonymous user; the other is from me.

This one is roughly based on the inversion of the Tiefling.

Aasimar
Abilities Scores: +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma
Size: Medium
Speed: 6
Vision: Low-Light

Languages: Common, choice of one other
Skill Bonuses: +2 Diplomacy, +2 Religion
Radiant Resistance: You have resist Radiance 5 + one-half your level.
Honor: You gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls against foes that are not bloodied

Smite - Aasimar Racial Power
Seeing your allies hurt incites your wrath.
Encounter
Minor Action - Personal
Effect: If the next attack roll you make against an enemy who has hit one of your allies since your last turn hits and deals damage, add your Charisma modifier as extra damage.

Now there's three; take whichever you like most.