PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia Stories

SolkaTruesilver
2008-06-03, 10:30 PM
I have bought the sourcebook for Paranoia XP (hum.. yhea, Microsoft demanded that they drop the XP designation..), and I have heard many good things about this game..

I think it is time you share your own Paranoia stories :smallbiggrin:

At least, until I find a good team to play this crazy game..

Kurald Galain
2008-06-04, 04:45 AM
Well...

We had a mission once in DND sector, fighting mutants with pointy ears, where a magic marker proved most useful in writing symbols like "+3" on random pieces of iron.

I also recall a hilarious mission where a red-clearance-clad bearded communist used a team of reinbots to distribute strange packages to all clones, all the while saying things like "jolly" and "ho". The mission was to collect and destroy all these obviously treasonous gifts, and terminate the commie...

The first time I GM'ed Paranoia, I "accidentally" omitted to tell the players that all of them were mutant secret society members, which led to hilarious scenes as R&D supplied them with a mutant detector helmet, and they all wanted to prevent the others from getting it. Eventually one of them put it on, the helmet detected the closest mutant at zero meters, and self-destructed. By the end of the daycycle, two of the players still hadn't clued in that they were all traitors.

I love that game :smallbiggrin:

Kurald Galain
2008-06-04, 04:58 AM
(edit) double posts are treason.

BRC
2008-06-04, 07:03 AM
Proably the one time the PC's were sent to disarm a tacnuke that had been set in a munitions factory. There was a box all three were after for their secret societies. They didn't know when the tacnuke was going to go off, but I told them it would go off at 9:00 Realtime (When two of the three had to leave anyway).

Well it all goes great until they reach the box, which they all fight over. At one point I go "Alright, fortunetally for you the (I forget what) does not explode, HOWEVER, the tacnuke, and by extension the entire subsector, does. Your new clones wake up in Troubleshooter command.

SamTheCleric
2008-06-04, 07:10 AM
My first paranoia game ever is in the play by post forums right now. After getting our assignment, I was ordered to take some "sleepy sleepy" for speaking up against a mix up that a higher ranked official made.

I'm not spending the entire game snoring (so far)

nagora
2008-06-04, 07:44 AM
I have bought the sourcebook for Paranoia XP (hum.. yhea, Microsoft demanded that they drop the XP designation..), and I have heard many good things about this game..

I think it is time you share your own Paranoia stories :smallbiggrin:

At least, until I find a good team to play this crazy game..

I once killed a PC (well, one clone) because the player called me (the GM) "Comrade" during character generation. I don't think I've ever seen a character with such a short life.

Duke of URL
2008-06-04, 08:17 AM
My first paranoia game ever is in the play by post forums right now. After getting our assignment, I was ordered to take some "sleepy sleepy" for speaking up against a mix up that a higher ranked official made.

I'm not spending the entire game snoring (so far)

I still can't believe you took both pills. Sheesh. And none of your teammates have considered the idea of trying to wake you up, either. That, or they don't care to, in which case I applaud them for excellent Paranoia play.

You'll get a new saving throw (for the noise) when the commotion at PLC begins real soon...

SamTheCleric
2008-06-04, 08:26 AM
I still can't believe you took both pills. Sheesh. And none of your teammates have considered the idea of trying to wake you up, either. That, or they don't care to, in which case I applaud them for excellent Paranoia play.

You'll get a new saving throw (for the noise) when the commotion at PLC begins real soon...

I didn't want to rouse suspicion too early.. I mean... I have to make the other PCs really THINK I'm the big dumb fighter...

SolkaTruesilver
2008-06-04, 03:51 PM
I didn't want to rouse suspicion too early.. I mean... I have to make the other PCs really THINK I'm the big dumb fighter...

Oh.. can I have the link to this game? Paranoia stories are always fun..

and btw, I just found this one (http://gmftp.paranoia-live.net/max/17_05_08_The_Unteachables.html), it's a blast :smallbiggrin:

SolkaTruesilver
2008-06-12, 07:52 PM
One of my friend who is studying the game told me:

"It's a sado-maso rpg trip"

I think it's the best description I've heard of this game...

TheEmerged
2008-06-12, 08:20 PM
My favorite Paranoia story... came while playing Alternity (a sci-fi game). The players landed on a planet with bizarrely-colored ground cover, garishly dressed and strange-talking natives... about twenty minutes into the session, one of the players realized what I was doing and things went bonkers from there :smallcool:

Zrinfael
2008-06-12, 08:20 PM
My two favorite games, one in which I played:
All the players were blue ranked IntSec agents under cover as red rank new recruits (We were told our true rank individually before the play session so we all thought we were the only blue rank IntSec in town). Their information indicated with certainty there *was* a commie in the team. The computer would not accept failure to identify said commie.

And one which I was GM:
All the players save 1 were members of secret societies and mutants as per normal, however, that 1 player was perfectly normal and completely loyal. Furthermore, that player was exceedingly lucky (never got major glitches or was affected by "random" bad things, got what amounted to a +1 or +2 to all his skills). That player got real popular real fast :smallamused:

Zanebirkett
2010-06-18, 03:45 PM
Well i have played with a group of school mates Paranoia (about a year ago) and have been reading funny and bizzare things that have happened to others, i have now finally thought that i should put my story up for ppl to read. heres a small snippit of it.

on a mission looking for rubber i got covered in it, thanks to an violet weapon i got shot in the face and it peeled off the rubber and my nose.

another time we came across 2 giant cockroachs. Prior to the mission we got test weapons and equipment to try out. One of us had what was labeld as super rope. so we thought we could take down one of the cockroaches with. opened, just flew into the air and dug into the earth never to be seen again. So we thought.

also on our final crusade, how did we destroy Alpha Complex????...............
if anyones interested i will tell the enitre exciting story of what happened to us with our first try of Paranoia.

Ravens_cry
2010-06-18, 04:39 PM
Oh do tell, do indeed tell.

Roland St. Jude
2010-06-18, 05:15 PM
Thread necromancy.