PDA

View Full Version : Some favorite uses for excess turn undead attempts?

JMobius
2008-06-04, 12:15 AM
Once again, my favored soul who has turn undead by GM fiat needs the wisdom of GitP. I've got ten attempts per day; three base, three from CHA, and four from the extra turning feat for a prestiege class prereq. Magic items are decidedly hard to come by in this campaign, so don't count on integrating them into your dastardly plans.

DMM sounds really appealing, though I don't really want to go so low as DMM Persist, not that I'd have enough attempts to do much with it anyway. Other metamagic feats might be good, though I can't really settle on one (quicken would have been a given if it weren't for the BS about not working for spontaneous casters). Beyond that, I'm not sure. I admittedly haven't purveyed all the sourcebooks too hard for this yet, so don't yell if I'm missing something obvious. :)

Thanks!

Nebo_
2008-06-04, 12:18 AM
Divine Might (I think that's what its called) from CD adds your Cha to damage for a round, so that's great for a Favoured Soul. If all else fails you could just use them for turning undead.

Nohwl
2008-06-04, 12:20 AM
chain spell would be fun. twin spell would be good too.

Solo
2008-06-04, 12:25 AM
Google "Realms Help" and find the divine feat most suited to your needs.

JeminiZero
2008-06-04, 05:05 AM
As mentioned, DMM Chain Spell might work, but to get the best use of it, you need some way of converting touch spells to Range spells. Reach Spell should work, Divine Reach from a Hierophant should work too. Then you can chain all those normally Touch range spells.

So lets say you are walking along the Dungeon. Suddenly a horde of Damn Crabs appear out of nowhere and start grappling everyone but you! Oh Noes! What can you do? You only have 1 (Reached) Freedom of movement! Well, you can DMM chain spell and throw out Chained-Reached Freedom of Movement on the whole party in one turn.

And not just Freedom of Movement, all the other handy touch range cleric buffs can be Reached-Chained as well: Shield of Faith, Resist Energy, Animal Stat Buffs, Magic Vestment, Deathward, Spell Resistance etc. Your party will love you.

Tengu
2008-06-04, 05:10 AM
Google "Realms Help" and find the divine feat most suited to your needs.

And if you're feeling lazy, someone did the first half for you already (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/datafind/feats.shtml).

JMobius
2008-06-04, 09:17 AM
That link is pretty handy. :)

I like these. Chain+Reach sounds fun, but thing is if that to make that feasible is a minimum of three feats, with four for good measure. I'm currently level 7, though I have not spent my 6th level feat yet as I'm still trying to sort this matter out. This means it will be a very long time indeed before such a thing would be practical.

SamTheCleric
2008-06-04, 09:22 AM
Spend those turn attempts to power your Devotion feats! Animal Devotion (Hawk) is overland flight!

bigbaddragon
2008-06-04, 11:49 AM
Divine Vigor (CW) and Glorious Weapons (CD) are both good choices. Other than that browse through Devotion feats in Complete Champion. There are some pretty good ones (Animal, Air, Protection ...) of which you could gain more uses if you are willing to give up some turning attempts.

mabriss lethe
2008-06-04, 03:21 PM
yeah. The devotion feats are pretty fun. your selection may be limited by your deity. So milage may vary.

Draz74
2008-06-04, 03:52 PM
If you're high enough level, you might be able to pull off DMM Quicken in conjunction with the Rapid Metamagic (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Rapid_Metamagic,CM) feat. (FS's do get Spellcraft as a class skill, right?)

Hal
2008-06-04, 04:18 PM
Why did your DM give this to you? Is it an Undead heavy campaign, or does he just think that Favored Souls need the leg-up?

If it's an undead heavy campaign, I would suggest Disciple of the Sun. You have to spend 2 Turn attempts to do a Turn Undead, but you'll destroy anything you would turn outright.

If the DM just wanted to give a leg-up, I would suggest either Devotion feats or Spiritual Counter (spend Turn attempts to counterspell).

AslanCross
2008-06-04, 04:21 PM
Divine Might (I think that's what its called) from CD adds your Cha to damage for a round, so that's great for a Favoured Soul. If all else fails you could just use them for turning undead.

Seconded. Divine Might's pretty good when you're setting up a nova. Of course there's the DMM options, but I'd rather go with Divine Might.