PDA

View Full Version : Shifting and Powers

Godric
2008-06-04, 02:21 AM
So say a warlord or fighter uses a power that allows him or her to move a baddie (pull, push, whatever) and the baddie is moved into a threatened square. Would the baddie provoke an AOO from the PC(s) nearby?

SamTheCleric
2008-06-04, 07:15 AM
So say a warlord or fighter uses a power that allows him or her to move a baddie (pull, push, whatever) and the baddie is moved into a threatened square. Would the baddie provoke an AOO from the PC(s) nearby?

Forced movement never provokes. I'd give you a page number, but I'm not at my books... :)

Attilargh
2008-06-04, 07:21 AM
290. Also worth mentioning that moving into a threatened square still does not provoke, it's moving out of one that does.

Sebastian
2008-06-04, 07:40 AM
If I can use this thread for another question, if you are "grabbed" by someone (i.e. a chocker or a hook horror) and someone use on you, or him a power that cause forced movement what would happen? It is something that I simply can't figure.

Attilargh
2008-06-04, 07:52 AM
If you move away from the creature you’re grabbing, you let go and the grab ends. If a pull, a push, or a slide moves you or the creature you’re grabbing out of your reach, the grab ends.
That answer your question?

Sebastian
2008-06-04, 08:24 AM
That answer your question?

Yes,thank you.

Sebastian
2008-06-04, 08:55 AM
Another question, if you are grabbing someone, can you still do AOs?

Tokiko Mima
2008-06-04, 10:05 AM
Another question, if you are grabbing someone, can you still do AOs?

When grappling, you don't threaten any squares. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#grapplingConsequences) So... nope. :smallsmile:

SamTheCleric
2008-06-04, 10:14 AM
When grappling, you don't threaten any squares. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#grapplingConsequences) So... nope. :smallsmile:

Erm... We're talkin fourth edition. :smalleek:

Tokiko Mima
2008-06-04, 10:18 AM
Erm... We're talkin fourth edition. :smalleek:

Oops.

:smallfrown: Well, I don't have those books yet. Amazon is sloooooooooowwww. Sorry 4e people.