PDA

View Full Version : My first attempt at making a 4ed character

Nevermore
2008-06-04, 11:59 AM
Ok, after carefully looking over 4th ed my response was a very calm, rational "Meh." It doesn't impress me much mechanically and at times I feel it insults my intelligence in its level of noob friendliness. The only things in there that really caught my eye were the new Tiefling background and the Warlord.

I don't know, be as derisive as you want; the idea of playing a crazy roman/byzantine-esque warlord attempting to bring the Empire back into existence (literally a wanna be Warlord, not just a class choice) appeals to me. I also love how they made a deal with the devil literally rather than just figuratively by dealing with barbarians.

Julius Leucis
Tiefling Warlord
"22" IE in 3.5 terms 32, point buy
Str 16 (9pts)
Dex 10 (0pt)
Con 13 (3pts)
Int 16 (5pts)
Wis 10 (2pts)
Char 15 (3pts)
HP: 25
Skills: Intimidate, Diplomacy, History, Endurance
lvl 1 feat: Scale Mail Proficiency
At Will: Viper's Strike & Wolf Pack Tactics
Encounter: Warlord's Favor
Daily: Lead the Attack

Equipment: Scale Mail Armor, Falchion, Standard Adventurer's kit, 3 javelins

Tengu
2008-06-04, 12:02 PM
"22" IE in 3.5 terms 32, point buy

Wrong (and a mistake many people made). Look at the table, 14 and more in a stat is more expensive now.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-06-04, 12:10 PM
Just a little question: Why d'you post the character? I can't quite get if it's to get build critique, or to bask in it's glory.

Myshlaevsky
2008-06-04, 12:11 PM
Yeah, you're 2 points over. Drop Dex or Wis to 8 and you'll be okay. Incidentally, you forgot to stick in your class features/racial powers. The Tangled Web has character sheets for 4e, that I know of. I think mythweavers does now as well.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-06-04, 12:15 PM
Nah, better to drop one of INT or CHA. Since you only get ONE of the benefits dependent on those, I'd drop one and raise STR or the other stat.

Nevermore
2008-06-04, 12:36 PM
For criticism and suggestions... editing.... any who, tieflings get +2 Int and Char, extra damage vrs injured folks bonuses to bluff and sneak and some other power.

Yakk
2008-06-04, 12:44 PM
4e stats are:
Str
Con
Dex
Int
Wis
Cha

for a reason. :) In general, barring class abilities, you want one of each pair of stats to be high to keep your defenses high.

Myshlaevsky
2008-06-04, 01:25 PM
Yeah, although Con still has limited application outside of the defenses system. You've gone Tactical Warlord, otherwise I'd have recommended dropping Int to 14 and picking up a shield to make up the loss.

Nevermore
2008-06-05, 12:37 PM
Ok, I finally fixed the stats- they're proper. My strategy for the character is to be a dirty fighting, ruthless warmaster, struggling to create his own small empire and make the tieflings great again.

DizzyD
2008-06-05, 01:05 PM
I too am really liking the warlord...