PDA

View Full Version : Constructs?

Jayngfet
2008-06-04, 11:09 PM
Are there any constructs that look humanlike, I mean with humanoid proportions, fake skin, intelligence and such, I'm asking because I was thinking of making a construct made to emulate humans and didn't want to duplicate any existing work.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-06-04, 11:12 PM
The closest you'll ever get to would be flesh golem or green star adepts (PrC that turns one into construct eventually). Otherwise, I'd rather use Warforged specs and just change around with its flavours and illustration to make it more life-like. It's a living construct for a reason, you see. :smallbiggrin:

The Necroswanso
2008-06-04, 11:13 PM
New Warforged feat

Squishy

You have elected to become more humanlike to help learn and blend in with them
Prerequisites: Warforged level 1st.
Benefit: You have soft human skin. You gain +1 natural armor bonus. You gain a +10 racial bonus to all checks to be disguised as a human. However any creature with scent gets a +10 circumstance bonus to identify you.
This feat also reduces class HD by one step. IE: 1d6 becomes 1d4, 1d10 becomes 1d8.

Jayngfet
2008-06-05, 01:28 PM
I'd base it off the warforged but I don't have any books with warforged in them, so I'm not sure what to do since I was going to make these a player race.

Alleine
2008-06-05, 02:54 PM
I think the Incarnate Construct template in Savage Species might work. It basically makes them very un-construct like. The become humanoid or giant depending on size, lose basically all of their construct traits... but retain a natural armor bonus and gain intelligence and constitution.
Also for a -2 LA

Iormungandr
2008-06-05, 03:05 PM
Nimblewright. Suit of armor that can alter self at will. MM2 162. I'm just about to post a thread concerning updating it to 3.5.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-06-05, 03:11 PM
The Warforged were created by man. They rebelled. They evolved. They look and feel human. Some are programmed to think they are human. There are many copies.
And they have a plan.

Iku Rex
2008-06-05, 03:16 PM
Nimblewright. Suit of armor that can alter self at will. MM2 162. I'm just about to post a thread concerning updating it to 3.5.http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20030718a

In addition, the alter self ability should be changed to disguise self in 3.5.

Iormungandr
2008-06-05, 03:30 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20030718a

In addition, the alter self ability should be changed to disguise self in 3.5.

I have that. I'm basically trying to make a properly formatted 3.5 entry for "Nimblewrights As Characters" and have a couple of questions the update book isn't clear about. Is there something like an SRD entry - but for MM2 and updated to 3.5 - out there somewhere, or at least one for the nimblewright? For the "Nimblewrights As Characters" section to be properly formatted, would it require a full stat block with it?

Zeta Kai
2008-06-05, 06:01 PM
Benefit: You have soft human skin. You gain +1 natural armor bonus. You gain a +10 racial bonus to all checks to be disguised as a human.

Why would a warforged gain an armor bonus for being squishy?

Xyk
2008-06-05, 06:04 PM
Make it a flaw with -1 armor bonus. and the bonuses and penalties.

Collin152
2008-06-05, 08:15 PM
Why would a warforged gain an armor bonus for being squishy?

Soft meaty parts absorb impact.

Admiral Squish
2008-06-05, 08:23 PM
No, it's a think about mis-estimating you. If you have a flashy-lookin body, they aren't expecting the blade to stop on steel plating an inch under the flesh. Think Terminator.

Collin152
2008-06-05, 08:25 PM
"Why did they make that muppet out of leather?"
"That's not a leather muppet, it's Troy McLure!"
That's what it essentially is. A warforged in leather armor. But with less armor bonus.

Yvian
2008-06-05, 09:21 PM
Why do you want this?

You, as the DM could declare that the construct has int, wis and cha [a trapped soul instead of a trapped element.]. Put a Hat of Disguise and you are set to go.

Unless you are trying to do something else.

Jayngfet
2008-06-05, 10:56 PM
Why do you want this?

You, as the DM could declare that the construct has int, wis and cha [a trapped soul instead of a trapped element.]. Put a Hat of Disguise and you are set to go.

Unless you are trying to do something else.

I'm trying to create a whole new race, fluff wise:Designed to be intelligent and near organic, lots of wooden, Ivory(bone), and leather skin, cure spells and the like are supposedly able to heal them, they're still constructs and can be dissasembled, made from or upgraded to special materials.

I wanted a construct that can be cured, disguise itself as a humanoid, maybe even interchange parts of itself(it's forearms swapped for blades, eyes swapped so that one has darkvision and another grants spot and search bonuses).