PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2 LoD - USEast - Ladder - Softcore - Assassin - trap claws needed

Lykos
2008-06-04, 11:58 PM
Help!

I'm one of those players at large who don't find good items to trade for other good items. I'm a catch 22 trader. Can't find good items to trade with them.

Hit me with what you like: if you find what I'm looking for and are feeling wellfare ish or I got almost 48 perfect gems, Io x1, Amn, 3 shaels, 4 thulls, a sol and a dol. If any of those sound decent enough for you, here I am.

Anywho so my goal, if possible, is to get +3 traps and +3 shadow mastery in claws. However that combo works out, that's the total goal. Right now I have +2 traps claw and some +1 all skills shield. I bet it's not good. But that puts me at 3 traps 1 shadow.

What I'm wanting to do is put at least 1 point into claw block and see how far that goes, but I'm not putting the point till I see I can get duo claws to boost it. Also the only other shadow skill I'm using is fade. That's it for shadow so, as if by magic, you boost fade and and claw block by +3 and +3 traps, that's it. I won't be any more picky on claws beyond that.

Maybe it's a really noob strat. I'm not worried about it as I have very limited Diablo 2 goals. Mainly just resist the hell out of everything and boost my skills, beyond that, I could be a pink haired WoW gnome and I'd be fine.

Here to humor and hang.
Lykos

konfeta
2008-06-05, 08:09 AM
Trading forums:
http://forums.diabloii.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21
http://www.d2jsp.org/

The best collection of information about builds in D2 on the internet. Seriously, for every class. Just post there and ask your questions.

http://forums.diabloii.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15

If I remember correctly, +3Shadow/Trap claws aren't that cheap. I am not sure if you can afford it. Especially if it's a magical one with +2 skills or socketed one.

Your assassin build will not survive in hell if you dilute it so much. Martial Artists are weak in the latest patch, even if you build/equip them well their killing speed will be low. You will do fine through-out the first 2 difficulties though.

If you really wish to accumulate wealth in D2 (you are incredibly poor, a standard MagicFindRun hour will probably find stuff worth thousands of your accounts; your runes get ignored when they drop; PGems are your only real thing of value), you will want to build a magic find character. The best two starting characters are Sorcs and Necros, I pretty much went from nothing to being able to equip a fully pimped out Hammerdin in a month. Look at the Sorc forums for Meteorber or MF guides (Mephisto is very easy to farm with a Sorc that uses Meteor/Orb, or Blizzard; Blizzard build being by far the fastest, but useless outside of MF and PvP). If you aren't above abusing glitches, glitch Mephisto. How to do it is explained in one of the guides, it works, and will statistically make farming much faster. I've done a ladder season without it, and had a very noticeable improvement with it.

The Necro build you would be interested in is a variant of a summoner, called Fishymancer. It can literally do the game naked, I've done it myself and saw many people do it. Dirt cheap to make, and can do every area in the game while wearing nothing but MF gear to boot.

Read up the newbie forum guides on how to painlessly build up wealth and you can have any item you want within reason pretty quick. Don't expect to get perfect versions of every item, but you can get high-end gear with medium stats no problem. Read up trade forums to find out what sells well - you would be shocked how much seemingly useless items can get you - a 6 open socket ethereal superior berzerker axe with perfect statistics, while looking weaksause, can probably buy a 10+ high runes at the least.