PDA

View Full Version : Any PSP suggestions?

Ent
2008-06-05, 02:50 PM
Can anyone suggest a PSP game with tons of replay value? I'm going to be traveling a lot and only really want to bother with one title.

I went through War of the Lions. It was great but I've lost interest because of the amount of time I spent with the original FF Tactics. The Wipeout game looks fun, so does Pataton or one of the compilations of older games.

Spreeth
2008-06-05, 04:19 PM
At only $20, Patapon is an enjoyable game that ramps in difficulty with each progressive level.

If you are a fan of the 3.5 ruleset, then D&D Tactics was a great game (but you have to REALLY like the ruleset).

Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony is a fairly long title that will likely last you through your trip.

I hope that those help.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-06-05, 06:58 PM
Patapon's great. You can spend hours on that intoxicating drum beats...

I also recommend Monster Hunter Freedom 2 if you're into some dragon-hunting action and is prepared to endure some learning curve in the beginning. It's nothing major but some people seem to find it very frustrating.

JabberwockySupafly
2008-06-06, 07:09 AM
Monster Hunter Freedom 2, as previously suggested, is a great game in terms of killing time. To give you an idea, I have sunk over 300 hours into it in 5 months or so, and I am considered a "light weight"... If you're looking for some great remakes or ports of great games then Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, and Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness are all viable games. Both have a great deal of replayability or long-term gameplay to keep you occupied. Last, but far from least, is also Final Fantasy: Crisis Core, if you're a fan of Final Fantasy or just FF7 in and of itself. I also agree with Patapon as a good one, as well as Me & My Katamari if you like the Katamari series.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-06-06, 09:12 AM
I enjoyed Worms for the PSP

mentatzarkon
2008-06-06, 06:57 PM
Jeanne D'Arc is pretty solid for replay value. It's got pretty decent writing and I've never seen a goofier take on the Jeanne d'Arc myth. After you play through it the first time all the maps up the difficulty and give much better loot. It doesn't have the infinite replay value of Disgaea (read 100 level randomly-generated dungeons) but it is pretty damned fun.

Oh and if you like tactical combat games you might check out the new R-Type Commander, I'm only on the 10th map or so, but it's been a lot of fun so far.

SerenityKry
2008-06-09, 03:46 PM
First and foremost, the one game I HAVE to put out there.

Puzzle Quest
Highly addicting, puzzle meets RPG. You can find free trials here and there for the game on PC if you want to experience it before you buy it for your PSP.
I bought this game a while back and I was glued to it for the first couple of weeks, I got it the day before a yard sale we had and ended up finding a nice spot under out orange tree and played it the entire day.

I feel it has great re-play value and it's easy to pick up and play for some short sessions with the quick play option.

I can also oddly reccomend Lemmings. I just bought a used copy of this the other day for $15. I used to play this game when I was a kid and then all throughout my Computer Programing class in high school.

Essentially you're trying to rescue the little guys from grim deaths by lava or long fall. There are many levels (300 if memory serves me right) of many difficulties and is also very easy to pick up for some short term play time.

I'll go ahead and nominate Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. I ran through the game on normal setting and I mean RAN through the game because I wanted to see the story first and then go through for a second play to do all of the extra stuff. I think I so far have dumped in a good 20+ hours JUST playng through the game to get the story line.

Not to mention, it's Final Fantasy almost guaranteed to have quite a bit of extra stuff to do.

Hunter Noventa
2008-06-10, 01:43 AM
I'll put in my vote for Disgaea, great game. Too bad they have the 'new' voice actress for Etna. And a couple glitchesmake it a lot easier thanthe first one, but still a blast.

Also, if you can still find it, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth is a port of an incredible PS1 game that combines platforming puzzles and RPG elements with an epic story about ragnarok, multiple endings and secret bosses.

banjo1985
2008-06-10, 05:53 AM
Puzzle Quest and Disgaea are good shouts for longevity.

I'd also add Loco Roco, purely because its childish and silly, and I like things that are childish and silly. :smalltongue: