PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War rpg

flaminghalfling
2008-06-05, 07:48 PM
I'm a big fan of the game, so I put this up to try and compile enogh info so myself/others can run a game in the setting fairly easily. I'm thinking standard d20 Modern with Locust as creatures, so all we need is rules for weapons/feats/Locust/vehicles. If there is already a thread for this I didn't find, just let me know. Thanks.

weishan
2008-06-05, 08:35 PM
Frankly, while Gears is a great video game, it's a damn poor setting for an RPG IMO, because it is hard to portray the grittiness properly. Most PCs don't like blender campaigns, which is exactly what a Gears RPG on a scale larger than Fenix and Co. sholuld realisticall look like. Everyone dies and then the Locusts eat you.

Edit:

To provide some sugestions though, I'd suggest not using d20 rules at all. Warhammer 40k rules are truer to the setting. Just make up your own unit and weapon stats, special rules, etc. and then print tokens. Use smaller groups than a traditional 40k army and more weaker enemies. Give PCs command of 1 4-man squad each and then tell the story how you as the DM see it.