PDA

View Full Version : A dicline in thread quality related to comic?

Lupy
2008-06-05, 08:30 PM
I've noticed that since we left O-Chul, thread quality here has detiorated to Xykon's evil debate re-runs. Is this because the current comics are so straight forward? I think that *listen up Rich* without stimulating comics, new threads are repetative. Has anyone else noticed, do you have an opinion? Are the current threads unstimulating? You decide. Yeah it's corny, sure me.

paladinofshojo
2008-06-05, 08:47 PM
HEY! I'll have you know I make all those "Xykon evil-debate re-runs"!:smallfurious: What exactly is there left to talk about?

Lira
2008-06-05, 09:02 PM
I've noticed that we have had very few new things to speculate on recently and I miss it. I enjoy the insane epileptic tree theories I see on this forum.

ZekeArgo
2008-06-05, 09:06 PM
If you feel there is a decline in interesting threads, why not create one or two discussing topics relevant to the comic that you find interesting? I'd think that would be more productive than putting it on the shoulders of others to entertain you.

jeffreyac
2008-06-06, 07:57 AM
Nah, it's much more my style to sit back and demand those around me keep me entertained...

So, c'mon, get with the program!! ;)

NerfTW
2008-06-06, 09:22 AM
All those threads were started by the same person. It's not a decline in quality, we just have a motor mouth who likes to start discussions.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-06-06, 11:20 AM
All those threads were started by the same person. It's not a decline in quality, we just have a motor mouth who likes to start discussions.

But isn't that what this forum is for? Having discussions? It's not like he's spamming the boards with off topic posts.

I like the fact people are still willing to talk about OOTS.

SPoD
2008-06-06, 12:51 PM
I think that *listen up Rich* without stimulating comics, new threads are repetative.

(Bolding mine.) I think you're absolutely nuts if you think Rich cares about whether or not we have interesting conversation on this message board at all, much less care enough to consider it when making the comic. He wouldn't even notice one way or the other.

Lupy
2008-06-06, 03:45 PM
Well Rich, being the fan-supported author (as in, he reads these boards for ideas and to see what we think) probably does care if we talk about his comic. :smallamused:

Forum Staff
2008-06-06, 09:16 PM
Well Rich, being the fan-supported author (as in, he reads these boards for ideas and to see what we think) probably does care if we talk about his comic. :smallamused:

Rich Burlew has stated numerous times that he does not, in fact, read this message board—much less look for new ideas on it.

Further, if you are unsatisfied with the quality of threads on this board, the best action is to start new ones with topics you wish to discuss, not start a topic lamenting the lack of decent topics.