PDA

View Full Version : Who will fight (or kill) who in the final battle?

Lupy
2008-06-06, 03:57 PM
I was talking to a friend about this yesterday in band, and we couldn't agree on who will kill who (or fight who) in the big epic clishe battle. This is my bet, if he ever makes an account like he said he would, then he can post his own.

:elan: vs/ :nale: (draw, Elan is losing due to Nale's new weapon spec.)
:elan: and :haley: vs/ :nale: (Nale k/os Haley who is low on hp and then knocks Elan to -1)
:haley: vs/ :sabine: (Haley "kills" Sabine, who returns to the lower planes)
:roy: vs/ :xykon: (Roy gets his butt kicked)
Hinjo vs/ :redcloak: (Redcloak owns Hinjo, but goes after :xykon: instead of finishing him)
:redcloak: and :roy: and :mitd: vs/ :xykon:
:roy: vs/ :nale: (Roy owns and kills Nale when he thinks Nale killed Elan and Haley, mostly Elan, who fell on top of her to shield her)
:thog: vs/ :roy: ("talky man hurt nale. thog hurt talky man!"
:vaarsuvius: and :durkon: vs/ ???
:belkar: will kill Hobbos and undead, then do something epic (like blow up a bajillion of them) before dying (but what happens after that is not for this thread :smallcool: )

All ideas are welcome (unless they involve master chief or... her... :miko:)

Morgan Wick
2008-06-06, 10:41 PM
First,
:elan: def. :nale:
:haley: def. :sabine:
Or, one or both battles interrupted by the threat of Xykon.

:haley:, :durkon:, :vaarsuvius:, :elan:, :belkar:, :nale:, :sabine:, and/or :thog: def. various mooks, including Tsukiko
:roy: leads against :xykon: and :redcloak: when...
:haley:, :durkon:, :vaarsuvius:, :elan:, :belkar:, :nale:, :sabine:, and/or :thog: v. the now-revealed :mitd: (there will be deaths in this group)
:xykon: and :redcloak: def. :roy: (don't know whether Roy would die again, however)
:redcloak: v. :xykon:
At some point, MitD has to take a side, Redcloak or Xykon. Either MitD, Roy, or Redcloak smashes Xykon's phlyactery, and either MitD or Roy kills Redcloak at the end of the battle.

SPoD
2008-06-07, 01:56 AM
I don't think the Linear Guild will be involved in the same final battle as Xykon. I think the OOTS will finish off the Linear Guild once and for all, somehow, then go after Xykon. Otherwise, it's just a crazy free-for-all mess.

I think the final battle will be the original six members of OOTS against Xykon and Redcloak--no allies, no tricks, no sudden allegiance switches, just a straight-up RPG-style fight. It would be the most fitting.

Ellye
2008-06-07, 02:14 AM
Wishful thinking:

:redcloak: destroys :xykon:, or at least Hinjo.
And goblins live happy forever for some time, free of human paladin oppressors or insane lichs.
:smallbiggrin:

David Argall
2008-06-07, 02:29 AM
a-as predictions of the future plot, these are supposed to be
Now I will go with there won't be that big final battle. There will be something less climatic. Maybe the Snarl has come unraveled and there is nothing to fight over.
MitD will stay in the dark all the way thru the exciting conclusion. When it is all over, it will say "Battle? What battle?" if there was one.
The good guys will win.
Redcloak will not hurt Xykon. He will back him to the death.

VForVaarsuvius
2008-06-07, 10:57 AM
I think I know how Sabine could die!
Two words: The Snarl. Think about it, the fight will more then likely be around one of the gates, the Snarl could devour her soul- No more hell for her.

Emanick
2008-06-07, 11:05 AM
I think I know how Sabine could die!
Two words: The Snarl. Think about it, the fight will more then likely be around one of the gates, the Snarl could devour her soul- No more hell for her.

Actually, that sounds like a great idea.
Although I also like the idea of the OOTS fighting on the Lower Planes. It would make a nice addition to the plot, some extraplanar fighting. (I get the feeling that we won't see many more strips in an afterlife, perhaps a few in the Chaotic Good one and probably a few in the Chaotic Evil one, most likely near the end.)
It'll probably be for the purpose of fighting the Linear Guild, perhaps because they have a vital item or something. (Maybe Kraagor's Gate needs a certain key that can be duplicated by an epic spell Xykon has?)

Pronounceable
2008-06-07, 03:57 PM
I don't think there'll be an end boss fight. Rich will find some way to amaze us without doing anything so cliche like a final battle.

But Nale's gonna fall from somewhere high. I just know it.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-06-07, 05:40 PM
I really don't understand how anyone can think Redcloak will turn on Xykon.
SOD spoiler
It has made quite clear by Redcloak in Start of Darkness that he must see the mission out to the end, so that all the goblins who have died haven't died for nothing. He even killed his brother so that he can finish the mission.

If Redcloak were to kill Xykon (again), that would complelty mess up the whole point of Start of Darkness.

Pun Pun
2008-06-07, 06:59 PM
But Nale's gonna fall from somewhere high. I just know it.

Elan will point ou how he still survives, and that nobody is ever permanently killed by a fall from heights. He will be seen yet again in the epilogue if there is one.

Xykon will be killed before the party ever faces him again. The final opponent will be a released snarl or Redcloak, both of whom would be far more meaningful.

Lupy
2008-06-08, 03:56 PM
Hmm, I do think there will be a cliche final battle, I mean, Oots plays into clishes alot because it's funny. (Azure City anyone?)

SOD Spoiler
Redcloak will finally "be the butch" and realize the plan can succeed without Xykon's help, after Roy offers to let V do it. So the tragic villain succeeds, after killing the real evil.

Alex Warlorn
2008-06-08, 06:07 PM
Xykon at least doesn't make excuses for what he does anymore. He knows what he is and accepts that rather than pretending to be something he isn't.

Xykon I think as a prince of betrayal, back stabbing and murder has made several fail safes in case redcloak betrays him, which Xykon knows Redcloak will do the moment the gate is under their control.

Xykon is the Jack Sparrow of Evil, you don't know when he's really being foolish, and when he's just ACTING the fool. Which makes this lifeless murderer all the more dangerous.

Hinjo I can actually SEE grabbing Redcloak, Crimson Mantle and all, and pull them BOTH into the Snarl's waiting jaws.

"You wanted the Snarl so bad? Here we go!"

Or the typical, "This blood feud won't end until both of us are dead!" Only knowing that both of them gone, can the war between the Sapphire Guard and the Crimson Mantle finally end.

Now that Soon's gate is destroyed, their free from most of their oath, and can now openly protect the two remaining gates as well, and FREAKING GET SOME BANDAGES on the three destroyed gates already!

So I basically see Hinjo telling Redcloak that the paladins he hates are all dead anyway either through battle or old age, and the current Sapphire Guard had nothing to do with the deaths of his family (which I still find tactically stupid when they had bigger fish to fry), and destroying the Crimson Mantle the only way Hinjo can be sure it's destroyed.

David Argall
2008-06-08, 06:37 PM
SOD Spoiler
Redcloak will finally "be the butch" and realize the plan can succeed without Xykon's help, after Roy offers to let V do it. So the tragic villain succeeds, after killing the real evil.

plot and SoD
This idea is based on thinking Redcloak's plan is worth doing. By the evidence, this is the evil plot of an evil force. There is just a "I like Redcloak, therefore his plan must be ok" logic here.
When Redcloak speaks of various high minded goals, he is lying or dreaming. Either way, the goals are not going to happen. The goblins are not innocents under human attack, no matter how much they like to view it that way. Rather, they are the eager attackers.

toanoradian
2008-06-09, 09:46 AM
I'm not even sure if the Last Battle will include Xykon or Redcloak. Perhaps there's another Big Evil after Xykon's death. Nale and Elan's father perhaps. That could be the 5-years-long arc Rich mentioned.

However...

The battle will of course take place at the last gate. All four gates are already broken, and only the last one is blocking The Snarl, therefore making the final battle really final. The Linear Guild will, IMO, be defeated before the final battle.
:roy: will defeat :xykon: after a ferocious battle that took more strips than the Azure City War.
:elan: will fight :redcloak:, but I imagine it will be one-sided match.
:haley: will fight Tsukiko. :durkon: will help. Tsukiko will be defeated.
:vaarsuvius: will fight :redcloak:, to the effect of many splash pages and many dice rolls and also lot of badass awesomeness.
:belkar: will try to defeat :mitd:, but he's not even close.
Then, in the gridlocked match between :vaarsuvius: and :redcloak:, :haley: will cut in and defeat :redcloak:.
While :roy: fights :xykon:, :haley:, :vaarsuvius:, :durkon:, and :elan: will fight :mitd:, but one after one of them falls, none of them managed to even come close to hurt it. Then O-Chul will come and kill them all :smallbiggrin:.
Of course not. After :mitd: beat every OotS except :roy:, it'll come to help :xykon:. Here, :roy: will break the final gate.
The gods are panicked, and the world start to undo itself. So the final battle of :roy: versus :xykon: and :mitd: versus The Snarl will happen. :redcloak:, :haley:, :vaarsuvius:, :durkon:, :belkar:, and :elan: will do something which will involve :vaarsuvius:'s ultimate arcane power and/or :durkon:'s death which will fix the gate temporarily.
So, with his last [put your smallest amount of your desired measurement here] of strength, :roy: will defeat :xykon:, and :mitd: will be the last gate.

And so, with new strength and determination to be stronger, they gave :durkon: a proper burial, and went off to finish loose ends. Like what game they shall play next.

Gamerlord
2008-06-09, 08:46 PM
I myself seek

:redcloak: vs.:xykon: after :roy: convinces him that xykon is the true threat to goblinkind, redcloak and xykon end up in a stalemate with the special effects budget brought to the max.
:belkar: vs. :thog: with a furious battle that ends with this:
:thog: :THOG SICK OF THIS! BARBARIAN RAGE!!!!!
(followed by a entire strip that shows belkar getting OWNED)
:elan: vs. :nale: :with elan tricking nale into killing himself.
:haley: vs. :sabine: : ending with haley grappling sabine and throwing her into a snarl.
THEN the snarl gets adsorbed into V by accident causeing a battle of :vaarsuvius: fighting :durkon: and durkon winning out in the end causeing the death of V and the snarl.

someonenonotyou
2008-06-09, 10:26 PM
:belkar: vs. :elan::vaarsuvius::haley::thog::miko::sabine::mitd ::roy::nale::roach::redcloak::durkon::xykon: and everyone eles we havent seen or dont have smiley for

Lord
2008-06-11, 11:48 PM
The answer is the OOTS will be about to fight the baddys at the final gate, the ultimate showdown is about to commence... then Rich will get bored with the comic and leave us hanging for all eternity. HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT RPG WORLD MAY YOUR NAME LIVE IN INFAMY!