PDA

View Full Version : Divine Duskblade?

DLoFunk
2008-06-06, 05:02 PM
Ok, so here's my idea, though I doubt it'll work.

I want to use the feat "Alternate Spell Source" to prepare some of my Cleric spells in my Duskblade spell slots (I'm sure I'd need the Arcane Prep. feat). Since I now have those spells prepared in my Duskblade slots, I want to channel them.

Questions:
1. (The obvious) Does this work?
2. If not, why?
3. If not, what would be the best sales pitch for a house rule?
4. If it DOES work (via rules or house rules), what would the best divine touch spells be to channel?

zaei
2008-06-06, 10:09 PM
Ok, so here's my idea, though I doubt it'll work.

I want to use the feat "Alternate Spell Source" to prepare some of my Cleric spells in my Duskblade spell slots (I'm sure I'd need the Arcane Prep. feat). Since I now have those spells prepared in my Duskblade slots, I want to channel them.

Questions:
1. (The obvious) Does this work?
2. If not, why?
3. If not, what would be the best sales pitch for a house rule?
4. If it DOES work (via rules or house rules), what would the best divine touch spells be to channel?

I believe that there was either an FAQ or CustServ ruling that says the Duskblade "Arcane Channel" ability is usable with any type of spell, not just arcane.

quiet1mi
2008-06-07, 12:57 AM
"I hit the commoner with my channeled cure critical wounds..."
Dm:Why?
"If he is a vampire then he will be screwed... if he is a commoner... well he will live :smalleek:"

zaei
2008-06-07, 04:33 PM
"I hit the commoner with my channeled cure critical wounds..."
Dm:Why?
"If he is a vampire then he will be screwed... if he is a commoner... well he will live :smalleek:"

Cleric of Kord channeling Bull's Strength, just because the enemy "isn't strong enough".

DLoFunk
2008-06-08, 10:40 AM
To be honest, this came from my group needing another healer. They keep dropping due to stoopid choices faster than the Cleric(zilla) can keep them up. So really, with my Whip Proficiency, I want to range Heal and slap them upside the head at the same time.