PDA

View Full Version : Need race +dex +wis LA+3-4

H0L7
2008-06-06, 08:28 PM
for the race im looking for high +dex with +wis or con LA+3-4

this is going to be a gestalt swashbucklerlvl 16 (fighter2/psychicwar2/monk2/??10)

If u have suggestions on what to use for the last 10 secondary levels i would appreciate the input.

Kyeudo
2008-06-06, 08:52 PM
The best class advice I can give you is to not play a Swashbuckler past level 3.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-06-06, 08:54 PM
The best class advice I can give you is to not play a Swashbuckler past level 3.

QFT'ed, brotha.

Factotum does a tremendous job of representing a swashbuckler, and it has good synergy. If you go for it, though, DO go to swash 4 for the extra attack.

A Daring Outlaw rogue is also good to continue in swash.

monty
2008-06-06, 10:01 PM
Pixies are fun. Continuous greater invisibility makes everything better. And something like +8 Dex and +4 Wis, if I remember right.

I'm curious. Do you only play races with level adjustment?

jcsw
2008-06-06, 10:06 PM
I think it's because his DM gives free LA buy-off.

Emperor Tippy
2008-06-06, 10:12 PM
I think it's because his DM gives free LA buy-off.

Then grab an elf with the correct stat benefits and grab the Half-Celestial template (+4 LA).

H0L7
2008-06-06, 10:33 PM
what book is pixie in?

we already have the folowing
Vroot
Petal
Half Dragon Goliath with biomancer alterlife enhancements due to cloning
toric human/gold dragon
Half Celestial human

we like to keep the variety up and since the biomancer keeps altering people as they die the free buy off keeps going up for new chars

since u dont sugest sticking with the swashbuckler what do you sugest for a fairly straight forward melee class that would not be found vanila this is for a first time player so i was trying to do a simple melee class that could still do some crazy stunts

we already have
main secondary
Barbarian15(goliath) fighter2psychicwar2monk2tribalwar2NordicChampion7
DragonShaman16(petal) monk2warlock14
Paladin7(Toric) favordsoul7
Warmage/factotum/incantrix/warwizzard/sorc/weaver/ardentdeliniate(vroot) this guy is our skill swiss army knife
Healer16/cleric16 (half celestial)

Pixies are fun. Continuous greater invisibility makes everything better. And something like +8 Dex and +4 Wis, if I remember right.

I'm curious. Do you only play races with level adjustment?
me personally I play Goliath almost every time I love the race and it always keeps the dialogue going with quick bets and keeping count of the bodies

SoD
2008-06-07, 01:52 PM
Pixie? You're looking at the MM1.

Or here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/sprite.htm). Down the bottom of the page.

Draz74
2008-06-07, 02:04 PM
Githzerai with a +1 LA or +2 LA template would be my suggestion.

Dark Githzerai or Half-Fey Githzerai. Actually, the latter sounds pretty awesome.

Edit: I can't remember (since it's not in the SRD) if Githzerai (as a PC race) are in the MM1, or the Expanded Psionics Handbook. One of the two.

Dark Creature is from Tome of Magic.

Half-Fey Creature is from the Fiend Folio, I believe (but you can look it up on Crystal Keep).

ChaosDefender24
2008-06-07, 02:54 PM
Or buy the continuous collar of umbral metamorphosis and have your cake and eat it too with a dark half-fey githzerai :D

Talya
2008-06-07, 04:05 PM
Half Fey Template is +2 dex, +2 wis, +4 cha, -2 con. (Fey type, low light vision, immunity to enchantment, a ton of SLAs including Charm Person at will, wings for flight at double your land speed with good maneuverability), for a measely +2 Level Adjustment.

Now, assuming you're allowed to remove a whole lot of level adjustment, if you stick that onto another +1 or +2 level adjustment race, like catfolk, you end up with +6 dex, +2 wis, +6 cha, -2 con, with a flight speed of 80...for +3 LA....and a whole lot of spell like abilities.

Of course, the sheer silliness of a half-fey catfolk would make me want to stab the character with a brick.