PDA

View Full Version : Dabbler [Class] [4e]

ideasmith
2008-06-06, 11:56 PM
Dabbler

This class is for serious multiclassing fans. Be warned, unlike the PH classes, the dabbler does not have an inherent role.

Class Traits
Role: Special: see description
Power Source: Special: see description
Key Abilities: varies
Armor Training: Cloth, Leather, Hide
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Melee, Military Melee, Simple Ranged
Bonus to Defense: +1 Fortitude, +1 Reflex, +1 Will
Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + Constitution score
Hit Points per Level Gained: 5
Healing Surges: 6 + Constitution modifier
Trained Skills: From the class skills list below, choose six trained skills at 1st
level.
Class Skills: All Skills.
Build Options: If you are playing this class, you probably want to make up your own.
Class Features: Cross Training, Multiclassing Versatility, Power Versatility.

Dabbler Class Features
All dabblers share these class features.

Cross Training
You gain two class-specific multiclass feats at bonus feats, even if you don’t’ have the prerequisites for the feats selected.

Multiclassing Versatility
When gaining a multiclass feat from any source you ignore both the restriction on multiple multiclass feats and any prerequisites the feat may have..

Power Versatility
When you gain a class power as part of your standard power progression (not powers gained from racial traits, feats, your paragon path or your epic destiny), you may chose the power gained from any class for which you have a multiclass feat. Exception: Your second power of a given category (at will, encounter, daily, utility) must be from a different class from the first power.

Dabbler Powers
There are no powers specific to the dabbler class. Dabblers wield the powers of other classes using Power Versatility.

Xyk
2008-06-07, 12:08 AM
It's been out for less than a day and you're homebrewing? it looks solid, as far as I can see. I can't see it having any sort of role, though.

ideasmith
2008-06-07, 01:53 PM
It's been out for less than a day and you're homebrewing?

The preview compilation (http://www.ucalgary.ca/~amwhit/4e_PrRC_v2_7.pdf) was useful.

it looks solid, as far as I can see.

Thank you.

I can't see it having any sort of role, though.

The dabbler doesn't have an inherent role; that wouldn't mix with the class' customizability.