PDA

View Full Version : Bleh icky romance!

Gamerlord
2008-06-07, 07:15 AM
Who else wishes that romance never existed in oots? Todays comic made me PUKE! :smallyuk:

Kato
2008-06-07, 07:52 AM
...? Where was there romance? o.o If you refer to thsoe little hearts... er... ignore them?

Teron
2008-06-07, 07:52 AM

Are you eight years old?

Ecalsneerg
2008-06-07, 07:58 AM
Who else wishes that romance never existed in oots? Todays comic made me PUKE! :smallyuk:

I know, characters having a variety of different relationships with each other is just disgusting. Who needs a plot?

Izodor
2008-06-07, 08:33 AM
Althouh I agree you can have to much romance in a comic like this I must say the amount of romance in it right now is just good for the plot and it doesn't ruin my experience of reading OotS.

Gamerlord
2008-06-07, 10:07 AM

Are you eight years old?
Eleven acutally.

Darilian
2008-06-07, 10:21 AM
Eleven acutally.

Relax, GamerKid-

Give yourself a couple more years, and you'll understand the appeal of romance. :wink:

Darilian

Silence
2008-06-07, 10:41 AM
Eleven acutally.

In the words of Adam Savage:

"Well, thars yer problem!"

Give it a couple years.

Emanick
2008-06-07, 10:57 AM
Maybe he was joking?

VForVaarsuvius
2008-06-07, 10:58 AM
Okay guys I think he gets that he's too young to understand. I remember when I was that young- I wouldn't want it repeated 300 times.:smalltongue:

Sequinox
2008-06-07, 11:05 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh...
sorry

I think that this is one of the funniest romances yet in oots actually, can't see why you wouldn't like it.

Originally Posted by gamerkid
Eleven acutally.

Oh, so there it is. Never mind, then. Though when I was eleven I just wouldn't have found it funny...

Beholder1995
2008-06-07, 11:08 AM
Eleven acutally.

....aaaand your parents let you read these forums?

An Enemy Spy
2008-06-07, 11:14 AM
Wild sex romps in superhero outfits is not what I was reading when I was 11. Do your parents know about this? By the way I'm 16 so I'm at the age where this stuff is hilarious.

SteveMB
2008-06-07, 11:24 AM

Thog? Is that you?
(http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0066.html)

Trizap
2008-06-07, 11:54 AM
Eleven acutally.

wow, I can't find whats more amusing- that an eleven year old is reading these forums and OOTS, or that he was stupid enough to reveal his age. :smallbiggrin:

Saint Nil
2008-06-07, 12:20 PM
Yeah, gamer kid, you probably don't want to tell people on fourms what your age is.

David Argall
2008-06-07, 12:30 PM
I know, characters having a variety of different relationships with each other is just disgusting. Who needs a plot?

Well, for a comedy, that is a serious question. The plot can easily get in the way of the jokes, and most of the best comedies are distinctly light on plot.
But jokes about girls chasing boys or vice-versa can fill a lot of pages quite well.

Jayngfet
2008-06-07, 12:33 PM
Give it a couple of years, you'll get it.

Silence
2008-06-07, 12:41 PM
wow, I can't find whats more amusing- that an eleven year old is reading these forums and OOTS, or that he was stupid enough to reveal his age. :smallbiggrin:

Hmmmmm..... Just a test.

So, kid, where do you live?

On second thought, someone might take that the wrong way.

SteveMB
2008-06-07, 12:48 PM

That a bit harsh -- yes, the strip is PG with occasional PG-13, but nothing that is clearly inappropriate for an 11-year-old.

Spiryt
2008-06-07, 12:55 PM
That a bit harsh -- yes, the strip is PG with occasional PG-13, but nothing that is clearly inappropriate for an 11-year-old.

Not to mention that he can even be 5 years old, there's no way of ensuring that he won't read the comic :smalltongue:.

So I can't see how revealing his age is stupid.

SolkaTruesilver
2008-06-07, 12:55 PM
But after all, it's nothing that bad for him, he'll grow out of it, I'm sure.

Beholder1995
2008-06-07, 12:58 PM

No, OotS is genuinely PG-13, if only for the language. I'd say it'd be rated as such due to 'language and some sexual content'. And the forums... well, who are you kidding? Have you even seen the House of Horrors/Fanservice threads?

T-O-E
2008-06-07, 01:04 PM
No, OotS is genuinely PG-13, if only for the language. I'd say it'd be rated as such due to 'language and some sexual content'. And the forums... well, who are you kidding? Have you even seen the House of Horrors/Fanservice threads?

The fanservice = Not so much.
The House Of Horrors = RUN!!! ESCAPE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

Gamerlord
2008-06-07, 01:19 PM
I saw the HOH sadly...MY POOR BRAIN!

Jayngfet
2008-06-07, 01:23 PM

Heh heh, you gotta watch out on the internet, even a relatively safe site could have something you cannot unsee.

Bayar
2008-06-07, 01:31 PM

We gladly accept your SAN.

:biggrin:

teratorn
2008-06-07, 01:45 PM

Are you eight years old?

Well, I'm much older than that, and I did find Haley+Elan icky, yet I find Elan and Therkla cute.

Logalmier
2008-06-07, 01:48 PM
We gladly accept your SAN.

:biggrin:

Sorry, I sold all my SAN a loooong time ago.

T-O-E
2008-06-07, 02:11 PM
Well, I'm much older than that, and I did find Haley+Elan icky, yet I find Elan and Therkla cute.

So regular relationships are disgusting yet inter-species ones are cute?

Trizap
2008-06-07, 02:53 PM

some people just have the weirdest tastes.........

Silence
2008-06-07, 02:56 PM

Yup. Defenantly much older. At least 8 and a half.

Trizap
2008-06-07, 02:58 PM
Yup. Defenantly much older. At least 8 and a half.

I agree with that.

Kato
2008-06-07, 03:39 PM
Eleven...? I feel again sooo old u.u'''

Anyway, one day you'll see what's great about girls, hehe ^^
Oh and, again: There was no romance in this strip... read the 390ies when Haley got her speech back... That was kinda icky... today: None at all. Just another Batman reference...

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-07, 03:43 PM
I think Elan+Haley was/is adorable, and Elan+Therkla is funny.

Red XIV
2008-06-07, 06:52 PM
Not inter-species. Interracial. This is a D&D-based comic, and D&D specifically designates humans, dwarves, elves, orcs, etc as races, not species. Which is why various half-human characters (such as Therkla herself) are able to exist.

teratorn
2008-06-07, 07:05 PM
Not inter-species. Interracial.

Redcloak is not a racist, he's a speciest. So these are "species."

Beholder1995
2008-06-07, 07:52 PM

Well, I certainly hope your parents are aware you've joined/read these forums. But the fact that they didn't warn you about revealing your age hints otherwise. :smallannoyed:

And the House of Horrors (particularly the HoH II, Caracol) are most certainly not appropriate for an 11-year-old. Or even a thirteen year old. Grump.

Echowinds
2008-06-07, 08:27 PM
Personally, I don't think he's 11. 11 year olds don't tend to know much about D&D. Maturity is debatable.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-06-07, 08:41 PM
Bah! I say that the comics these days don't have ENOUGH romance in them!

Back when I was 11, ALL comics had to be SO mushy they almost melted in your hand. AND WE LIKED IT!

Firestar27
2008-06-07, 08:50 PM
Redcloak is not a racist, he's a speciest. So these are "species."

Actually, hobgoblins and goblins are seperate races according to Redcloak. And he hates all humanoids equally. Besides, the children of two seperate species cannot interbreed. In fact, that's the definition of a species.

gamerboy6000
2008-06-07, 08:52 PM
Relax, GamerKid-

Give yourself a couple more years, and you'll understand the appeal of romance. :wink:

Darilian

He's right Gamerkid.

Teron
2008-06-07, 08:56 PM
Personally, I don't think he's 11. 11 year olds don't tend to know much about D&D. Maturity is debatable.
That is the most absurd argument I've seen... well, today. Sadly, the Internet has robbed me of the ability to use dramatic words like "ever" in this context. Anyway, I don't know if this is some kind of pride-preserving self-delusion of yours, but I assure you that plenty of children play D&D; for that matter, it seems like a large number of "veteran" players' reminiscences start with getting the original box set around that age.

David Argall
2008-06-07, 09:17 PM
And the House of Horrors (particularly the HoH II, Caracol) are most certainly not appropriate for an 11-year-old. Or even a thirteen year old. Grump.
The HoH is not appropriate for grumps of any age.

the children of two seperate species cannot interbreed. In fact, that's the definition of a species.
This does not prevent a large number of species from doing so. See Ligar, Tigeon, mule... [The definition is actually the looser "have offspring that can have offspring", but that definition is also met in some cases.]

But Haley is going to win out here and so you should be thinking of ways that will allow Therkla to come out ok.

Echowinds
2008-06-07, 09:53 PM
That is the most absurd argument I've seen... well, today. Sadly, the Internet has robbed me of the ability to use dramatic words like "ever" in this context. Anyway, I don't know if this is some kind of pride-preserving self-delusion of yours, but I assure you that plenty of children play D&D; for that matter, it seems like a large number of "veteran" players' reminiscences start with getting the original box set around that age.

I don't even play D&D. It is just from my self-observation that in my elementary years, I haven't even heard of D&D, much less heard of anyone playing it. Heck, I barely knew anyone playing it during my high school years. There were no clubs devoted to it, nor were there anyone talking extensively about it through the 5 years in secondary. Video games, animation, TV dramas, movies, trading cards, and other media, yes, but not D&D.

Furthermore, in using logic, the fact that D&D requires a large amount of time investment, huge amount of reading, and significant amount of math also tells me that there are relatively very little elementary-age kids playing D&D. There may be roleplay, but not D&D in pen and paper format. It takes quite a bit of organization and work to DM and such.

However, I do admit that it may have changed since the internet wasn't as prevalent some 9 years ago, and this new development may have introduced D&D more to the younger demographics.

drengnikrafe
2008-06-07, 09:59 PM
Honestly, when Haley and Elan got together, all I could think was "Aww.... this is adorable, and perfect." Because I like the fact that they're together, I hate the idea of Therkla (sp?) trying to take Elan away from Haley.

Personally, here's what I can see happening (I'm not suggesting this is what WILL happen, I'm suggesting this as a possibility): Therkla (sp?) out and out tells Elan exactly how she feels about him, and he reacts as though she were kidding. After a long conversation, he is convinced of the way she feels, and tells her that he's in a comitted relationship (or maybe summons a silent image of someone cuter them himself... or a female, which wouldn't work), at which point she goes berserk, and they have to get the heck out of there, since she is trying to kill all of them.

Teron
2008-06-07, 10:12 PM
I don't even play D&D. It is just from my self-observation that in my elementary years, I haven't even heard of D&D, much less heard of anyone playing it. Heck, I barely knew anyone playing it during my high school years. There were no clubs devoted to it, nor were there anyone talking extensively about it through the 5 years in secondary. Video games, animation, TV dramas, movies, trading cards, and other media, yes, but not D&D.

Furthermore, in using logic, the fact that D&D requires a large amount of time investment, huge amount of reading, and significant amount of math also tells me that there are relatively very little elementary-age kids playing D&D. There may be roleplay, but not D&D in pen and paper format. It takes quite a bit of organization and work to DM and such.

However, I do admit that it may have changed since the internet wasn't as prevalent some 9 years ago, and this new development may have introduced D&D more to the younger demographics.
Fair enough. To put it bluntly, however, the personal investment you describe is only necessary to play D&D well. People of all ages have been known to get by and have fun with fairly little work, especially if at least one person in the group (usually the DM, of course, and often an older relative in the case of children) is willing to shoulder a larger share of the "hassle".

teratorn
2008-06-07, 10:34 PM
Actually, hobgoblins and goblins are seperate races according to Redcloak. And he hates all humanoids equally.
Not humanoids, humans:

«I hate all breeds of humans equally. That makes me a speciesist. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0451.html)»

Besides, the children of two seperate species cannot interbreed. In fact, that's the definition of a species.

Coyotes (Canis latrans) and wolfes (Canis lupus) can interbreed, produce viable offspring, who can in turn have their own offspring (unlike mules). yet, they are defined as different species. The same is true for many other species, but in nature hybrids often have problems competing with their parent species in the wild and that limits gene flow.

Honestly, when Haley and Elan got together, all I could think was "Aww.... this is adorable, and perfect." Because I like the fact that they're together, I hate the idea of Therkla (sp?) trying to take Elan away from Haley.

I always thought Elan had more of a brotherly affection for Haley so the ick factor, it seemed wrong. At the time I thought romantic attachment between the members of the party wasn't a good move. This separation makes it work somehow, but I'd rather have Elan not limited in doing his "bard duty" towards female antagonists.

Edna
2008-06-08, 01:06 AM

Really? My 11-year-old knows the rules a lot better than I do. He also reads and posts to the forums here, and I'll bet you don't know that he's 11.

Edna

Mordokai
2008-06-08, 02:32 AM
Well, age is and always has been somewhat variable, in that that some people are very mature for their age and some are very childish for their. Your 11 year old maybe very mature for his. For gamerkid, there was little doubt in my mind that he is pretty young(though I gave him, quite generously, 14 years). He was just always acting in a way that confirms this. And still, he could be a 30 year old guy, making fun of us all, acting like a teen on hormones :smalltongue: If that is the case, I commend you sir, you've fooled me.

As for romance, well, I don't see a problem with it. The amount we have at the moment is just fine, we could probably do with some more even. As they said, wait some more years kid and you'll get it.

teratorn
2008-06-08, 02:33 AM
Really? My 11-year-old knows the rules a lot better than I do. He also reads and posts to the forums here, and I'll bet you don't know that he's 11.

Edna
The strip is mostly safe, yet sometimes younger readers can get stuff they were not supposed to. I remember one member of the forum using a term related to the famous line Xykon voiced when he discovered the full strength of the hobgoblin legions. This after saying she was too young and her mother didn't let her play DnD yet. :smallsmile:

Serpentine
2008-06-08, 02:51 AM
Redcloak is not a racist, he's a speciest. So these are "species."And how many halfgoblins and halfhobgoblins have you seen so far?

On species: The "two different species cannot produce offspring" definition is an ideal, the best definition, but one that is 1. very hard to test in most cases (anyone wanna see whether it applies to humans and bonobos?) and 2. frequently broken. The whole concept of species is constantly under debate and scrutiny. Some qualifiers/alternatives are:
The offspring of two different species cannot produce more offspring.
The offspring of two species is not viable - it's weaker, less likely to survive to reproduce.
The offspring of the offspring of two species is not viable - it cannot produce more offspring, or does not live long or well enough to try.
Two populations that have altered sufficiently physiologically or behaviourally to not or rarely naturally interbreed are different species, regardless of biological ability when forced or artificially bred.
Two intermingling populations that remain sufficiently genetically distinct are different species (most often used for plants).

That help clear up the matter? :smalltongue:

Gamerkid: I'd tell you to grow up, but at 11 you're probably pretty much just where you should be.

teratorn
2008-06-08, 04:26 AM
And how many halfgoblins and halfhobgoblins have you seen so far?

To get this back on topic. Some really icky romance, and some half races we haven't seen in the strip so far;

dworcs: Durkon, same pie, a nice gigglesoist willing to listen about Thor...

elflings: OOTS gets back together, all those days without rest,some drinks, and Belkar "finds out" V is female...

Gamerlord
2008-06-08, 06:44 AM
To get this back on topic. Some really icky romance, and some half races we haven't seen in the strip so far;

dworcs: Durkon, same pie, a nice gigglesoist willing to listen about Thor...

elflings: OOTS gets back together, all those days without rest,some drinks, and Belkar "finds out" V is female...
You DO realize you just did "craft disturbing mental image" right?

Gamerlord
2008-06-08, 06:45 AM

I don't join groups i just play with myself.

Beholder1995
2008-06-08, 06:49 AM

How do you play by yourself? Do you DM and be the players at the same time?....:smallconfused:

Serpentine
2008-06-08, 06:49 AM
I don't join groups i just play with myself.>bites knuckle<
>makes will save<
>does not sig for hilarious out-of-contextuality<

Fun fact: biting one's knuckle gives a +2 bonus to Will saves. 'strue :smallwink:

Gamerlord
2008-06-08, 06:57 AM
How do you play by yourself? Do you DM and be the players at the same time?....:smallconfused:
yep thats right

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-06-08, 07:15 AM
Back in 1st Edition days there were several different "Solo" modules, some better, some worse... They used a variety of techniques to present the module, including "Choose your Path" numbered paragraphs, "Invisible Ink," etc.

3.x seems very set on the 4 PC approach, and I haven't seen 4th Ed yet. (In fact, has anyone seen 4th Ed in stores yet? :smallannoyed:)

Solo and two member party adventures are few and far between, and when very small groups try to take on a "standard" adventure, they tend to come in second to the monsters...

Echowinds
2008-06-08, 07:44 AM
Apparently there's a greater population of kids playing D&D then I thought then. I apologize for making assumptions.

But still, from what I know about the internet, there's a great chance that someone older has fun of pretending to be of different age.

Oh my.

kinch
2008-06-08, 08:50 AM
I think Elan+Haley was/is adorable, and Elan+Therkla is funny.

I was waiting for someone to say that so I could quote it for truth.

I like that the Giant doesn't keep his romantic side stories subtle and cutesy, as is the case in most retarded cartoons - or, hell, any type of media around these days, be it novels, movies, cartoons, or, hell, even hentai, if you'll forgive the incredibly nerdy reference - it seems that all (exaggeration) writers try their level best to dumb romance down to a bloody, innocent, sugary stump of idiocy, and I'll be damned if I'm the only one who finds sequences like this completely intolerable;

"Oh my Gods, no! The protagonist and his/her everpresent love interest are about to finally share their first kiss! I must by all means interrupt it like the slimy, obnoxious, sidekick-presence thing that I am!"

Pathetic!

OotS romance - however incredibly little there is - is straightforward. Which is always good.
Now would be a great time for me to link the strip with Elan's renowned "Wanna make out?" line for reference, but I'm just too lazy to go looking for it.
Shoot me. :smallannoyed:

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-06-08, 08:57 AM
Shoot me. :smallannoyed:

Don't go giving me ideas. its unhealthy... for you.

kinch
2008-06-08, 09:05 AM
Don't go giving me ideas. its unhealthy... for you.

Why am I reminded of the old proverb spoof revision "Do unto others... quickly - before they have a chance to do it to you first!"

In other words,

:belkar: Bwaha! I have deep-seated emotional problems! Die! Die! Die!

Logalmier
2008-06-10, 04:45 PM
Why am I reminded of the old proverb spoof revision "Do unto others... quickly - before they have a chance to do it to you first!"

In other words,

:belkar: Bwaha! I have deep-seated emotional problems! Die! Die! Die!

*inches away from kinch*:smalleek:

Yeah, but seriously gamerkid, you really shouldn't tell people stuff like that.

strayth
2008-06-10, 04:48 PM
It's one of the better parts of the comic. Sorry, guy.

Isolder74
2008-06-10, 04:59 PM
Not to sound like I'm on the bandwagon but there are many icky romances in the story right now

We have the Kato/Diago one

We have the Haley/Elan

We have Thurkla lusting Elan(Elan is clueless as usual).

We have Roy/Celia

We had Roy/Miko

The point is if you can't stand a little emotional drama in the comic then you might want to try reading something else.

Trizap
2008-06-10, 05:48 PM
Isolder, let me correct that.

we have:

Kato/Daigo

we have the Haley/Elan/Therkla love triangle

Roy/Celia

he had Roy/Miko

Trizap
2008-06-10, 05:54 PM
yep thats right

now thats just sad, I mean, get a life.......

Isolder74
2008-06-10, 06:10 PM
yep thats right

How can that be any fun? Seem like a lot of work to play all the parts of a game like and D & D for just yourself.

Occasional Sage
2008-06-10, 06:29 PM
This all strikes me as somebody's social experiment. Does anybody else get that feeling?

Red XIV
2008-06-10, 06:57 PM
Now would be a great time for me to link the strip with Elan's renowned "Wanna make out?" line for reference, but I'm just too lazy to go looking for it.
That's okay. I'm not. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0400.html)

Sequinox
2008-06-10, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by gamerkid

Yeah, last november I stumbled upon the Belkar's Romance thread...

It was so (bleep) funny...

Then I went to the house of horrors thinking it would be the same...

I have never been the same.

No, but really I just find it all hilarious. I mean, even the ones about V and belkar and even the comic Tillian did I thought was funny...

Sequinox
2008-06-10, 09:29 PM

Oh... See, I would almost die doing that because my group cares more about story than combat. I can see myself giving myself the games biggest plot twist yet...

Me: Okay, so if you're the goddess we met a couple of years ago, you can really tell us where we are and why plane shifting back to the Material plane doesn't work.

Me (As the goddess): You're on the material plane. However, Nidar has several layers. You're on the second.

Me (OOG): Oh my god, I never would have expected that. Seriously?

Me (OOG as DM): Yeah...

Notice the surprise factor doesn't work...

But for dungeon crawls its proabably not that bad....

EDIT: Sorry about the double post...

†Seer†
2008-06-11, 01:28 AM
>bites knuckle<
>makes will save<
>does not sig for hilarious out-of-contextuality<

*applauds Serp's morals*

*throws own out the window and totally adds it to his sig*

pendell
2008-06-11, 09:17 AM
yep thats right

Gamerkid,

Here is a tip that will be of use to you ... NEVER use the phrase 'play with yourself' in front of a US audience. It has ... unfortunate connotations.

As it turns out, I am 37. And I think you will find ... in approx. 3 years, after your body goes through the hormonal changes -- that among those who have suffered through puberty and the utter horror/sheer joy that is dating, romance, and marriage, that there is nothing funnier in the world. I swear, hormones are worse than alcohol.

We laugh because A) it hits uncomfortably close to home and B) sometimes we laugh because we cry inside.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Gamerlord
2008-06-11, 10:38 AM
*applauds Serp's morals*

*throws own out the window and totally adds it to his sig*
WOOT! I'm in someones sig woot!

Serpentine
2008-06-11, 10:44 AM
Here is a tip that will be of use to you ... NEVER use the phrase 'play with yourself' in front of a US audience. It has ... unfortunate connotations.*ahem*
>is not US of American< :smallannoyed:
>but forgives you< :smalltongue:

Gamerkid: *headdesk*

Gamerlord
2008-06-11, 11:01 AM
I AM american.

†Seer†
2008-06-11, 12:16 PM
I AM american.

Think Serp's point was that she's not American and still had the same reaction in response to pendell's response.

Speaking of which... pend... do you cry because of puberty? :smallconfused:

Kato
2008-06-11, 12:51 PM
You know... I'm German... and even we use that phrase... (and I do know, what it is in English) And it's always strange when one uses it, without knowing, what it means... though... an eleven year old will probably figure it out in year or to... look back at this moment... and then laugh ^^' (Or cry)

pendell
2008-06-11, 12:54 PM
Mostly I laugh (and cry) at things I did DURING puberty rather than at puberty itself. Have plenty of memories from junior high to college, some of which I laugh at , some I wince to remember, and some i just gasp in disbelief at. First crush -- first love -- first broken heart -- first ex from hell that you've been too close to and will now never let you forget -- first time showing off my parent's car (having taken it without permission) to a girl and wrapping it around a light pole, getting a reckless driving charge out of the deal -- you get the idea. Good times I'll never forget. Some unpleasant things I will never, ever live down. I'm sure everybody else here who's been through it has a similar story.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Serpentine
2008-06-11, 01:19 PM
Thank you, Seer :smallsigh:

Nikolai_II
2008-06-11, 05:15 PM
Back in 1st Edition days there were several different "Solo" modules, some better, some worse... They used a variety of techniques to present the module, including "Choose your Path" numbered paragraphs, "Invisible Ink," etc.

3.x seems very set on the 4 PC approach, and I haven't seen 4th Ed yet. (In fact, has anyone seen 4th Ed in stores yet? :smallannoyed:)

Solo and two member party adventures are few and far between, and when very small groups try to take on a "standard" adventure, they tend to come in second to the monsters...

4Ed says "Five players + DM"..

So I'm introducing my 8yo son and 5(soon 6)yo daughter to the game as we speak, and intend to start gaming at the end of June (when she is 6:smallwink:)
Of course, even then average age in the gaming group will be about 25 :smalltongue:

Serperoth
2008-06-13, 09:28 AM
I believe that romance in comics is very nice, but only when it is done subtly, like in OOTS. And Roy/Miko wasn't romance, at least not the way I see it.
Still, no one should reveal their age over the Net. Someone could be a pervert, even if you, me, or that guy/girl *points to some random members* aren't. There are perverts out there. That guy/girl *points to someone across the street* could be a drug dealer. Or someone who kidnaps kids. Or a perfectly normal person. Myself, I am a bit paranoid when boarding the Metro (think subway, only ours has a cooler name:) ). Don't trust people, especially when you can't see them.

On an unrelated note, Echowind, your avatar is SO CUTE! *hugs the avatar*