PDA

View Full Version : The Force Unleashed Better Be Ruddy Incredible

Jibar
2008-06-07, 12:15 PM
Because they are really pushing this thing on people.
I mean, first, we get all these trailers and boasts and confirmations of canon.
Then they announce you'll play as Vader too.
Now this. (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34899.html)
Guys.
Seriously.
If your game sucks, you're going to be screwed.
I mean, come on, you've got Lego already.
Lego. (http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=7672)
For an unreleased game.

I've been waiting dutifully for this game, simply for a more action light saber game, but now I can't help but wonder if these guys are taking it too far.
This is a lot for something that hasn't been released. For all they know, everyone might just hate the game, and they will have wasted a lot of money on nothing.
I no longer hope it will be good, I demand it.

Oregano
2008-06-07, 12:27 PM
I for one am looking froward to it an it looks incredible, I think I'm also one of the few people who are looking forward to Soul Calibur IV, lightsabers and all.

Ranis
2008-06-07, 05:19 PM
Games that get overhyped tend to have lackluster quality because of the inevitable backlash factor; i.e. Halo Factor.

That being said, I think the game will be fun, but just the mere reason that they're putting it on the Wii indicates that the game won't be as good as it *should* be, due to how much more limited the Wii is in terms of power compared to the 360 and PS3.

Oregano
2008-06-07, 05:40 PM
Yer, it'll be a different version on the Wii, downgraded. I don't think it's been overhyped, but has been hyped, but it's hype nowehre near that of Halo, Gears of War, Assassin's Creed and GTA IV which were all overhyped and not as good as they could be so I think it'll be fine.

Tom_Violence
2008-06-07, 06:53 PM
Because they are really pushing this thing on people.

I know! I feel so oppressed!!

Or, to put it another way - what? If you need to change the bedcovers twice a week over this, then mayhaps you care too much about what is, at the end of the day, only going to be a game.

Lower your expectations! It does wonders for your sanity!

Jibar
2008-06-08, 12:39 AM
Oh, I don't really care about it.
It's just a game.
I'm just worried that LucasArts doesn't realise this. They seem really serious about it. It's a little scary, after the last big Star Wars games were the Lego Star Wars series.