PDA

View Full Version : He.hates.his.dice.

Gamerlord
2008-06-07, 01:26 PM
"He" is one of my friends who unfortunately fails every single check he makes, last session something hilarious happened:
The group was chasing a goblin when the goblin climbed up a house using some rope and everyone BUT him managed to chase after it.He was failing his use rope checks,every.single.one. Everyone was trying to help him for so long that the goblin got away. And the goblin was a level 1 warrior.
Do you hate your dice?
And after that he said"I hate my dice"

Premier
2008-06-07, 01:47 PM
I have to say that the goblin got away not because of the player's poor rolls but because of the party's stupidity. I assume the PCs did not have small radio-controlled bombs implanted in their bodies that blow up when anyone gets farther than 20 yards from the others. They should have just left the one clumsy guy behind, finish off the goblin, then go back to the guy.

Gamerlord
2008-06-07, 02:37 PM
And at the next session the same goblin appeared this time with friends:a other goblin and two kobolds, when the chase began the same guy continued to fail his use rope checks,but this time everyone ignored him and tried to chase down the annoying 4 little monsters,this time the goblin from last session got killed after failing a jump check,then the three new monsters tried to use some rope to get down from a huge house they were on top of, then the wizard caught up to the 3 monsters and tried to blast them with a burning hands spell but failed and two of the monsters(1 kobold and the suriving goblin) got away but the wizard caught one kobold,tied him up and told everyone that he caught one,then the following happened:
the scout who had finally managed to succeed on his use rope check: Good job! ok now to get back to the town guard central, I grab the tied up prisoner and jump down!
wizard: NO WAIT WE STILL HAVE SOME ROPE LEFT!
scout:oops i got a 1!
DM:take 4 points of falling damage, you manage to surive the fall but the prisoner is dead.
scout:I said it before and i'll say it again:I HATE MY DICE!
The druid: well technically...
scout: Don't say anything!

Silence
2008-06-07, 03:11 PM
Ever heard of burning the rope?

Bows?

Mage hand to move the rope?

Climb up in advance?

Have someone with a better climb thing try?

Who the hell actually uses use rope?

Question mark?

Narthon the Bold
2008-06-07, 03:24 PM
Right, whats with the use rope checks? Shouldn't it be climb checks?

Gamerlord
2008-06-07, 03:28 PM
Well the DM said since they are using rope to climb up to make a use rope check.

monty
2008-06-07, 03:33 PM
Who the hell actually uses use rope?

That's what BoEF is for.

Gamerlord
2008-06-07, 03:38 PM
What in the name of gary gygax is 'BoEF"?

Collin152
2008-06-07, 03:58 PM
Well the DM said since they are using rope to climb up to make a use rope check.

No.
Having ranks in Use Rope gives a synergy bonus on Climb checks to climb ropes.
It's very clear.

Alleine
2008-06-07, 03:59 PM
What in the name of gary gygax is 'BoEF"?

Book of Erotic Fantasy.
Which I am so glad I have never seen.

monty
2008-06-07, 04:53 PM
Book of Erotic Fantasy.
Which I am so glad I have never seen.

I gave it to my friend (along with other books I actually intended him to read) as a joke, and he read the whole thing. I think he's now scarred for life.

ashmanonar
2008-06-07, 05:55 PM
No.
Having ranks in Use Rope gives a synergy bonus on Climb checks to climb ropes.
It's very clear.

Also adds a synergy bonus to other checks.

*comic leer*

Collin152
2008-06-07, 05:59 PM
Also adds a synergy bonus to other checks.

*comic leer*

They sell manacles, you know.

Pump Escape Artist, boys, cause I got cash to burn.

Chronicled
2008-06-08, 01:18 AM
They sell manacles, you know.

Pump Escape Artist, boys, cause I got cash to burn.

Sig-worthy stuff, that.