PDA

View Full Version : Sublime Reach (martial maneuvers w/in 30 feet)

Stycotl
2008-06-07, 11:06 PM
Had to try to recreate some of the effects that were possible under the old version of the radical taoist’s sublime ranger variant (he later changed some stuff and got rid of the versatile part I liked). So I borrowed a little from the bloodstorm blade, and instead of making the effect discipline-specific, I made it weapon-specific. Any comments on balance/prereqs/effect?

Sublime Reach
You have mastered the use of your specialty ranged weapon sufficiently that you can apply the principles of the Sublime Way to your ranged assaults.
Prerequisites: Concentration 11 ranks, Martial Lore 11 ranks, Spot 11 ranks, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Focus (any ranged weapon), base attack bonus +6
Benefit: Whenever you wield the ranged weapon with which you have Weapon Focus, you threaten an area as if you were wielding a non-reach melee weapon for your size (5 feet for medium creatures); you can make attacks of opportunity with this weapon. Further, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity for utilizing that weapon when threatened by a foe. And lastly, your weapon counts as a melee weapon when used within 10 feet/initiator level for any martial maneuver (including stances) that requires a melee attack in order to function.

Stycotl
2008-06-10, 11:39 AM
no comments? wow. i thought some people would love it, and some hate it.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-06-10, 11:45 AM
Wow. That's a LOT simpler a fix for including ranged combat to ToB without the Bloodstorm Blade. I'll have to steal this concept for my own homebrewing purposes. :smalltongue:

Stycotl
2008-06-10, 09:08 PM
gracias. i was facing a dilemma, because i liked radical taoist's older version, but when i saw the newer version, i liked that one as well. so i had to think, which one do i want to use more. then it hit me that i could use both by making one of them a feat. presto.