PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Gamespy's Top 10 Least-Played Classes

Tyrael
2008-06-08, 12:35 AM
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/493/493488p1.html

Thse have simply GOT to be homebrewed now. Yes? :smallyuk:

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-06-08, 11:48 AM
The magic chef could actually work. I think he should be able to make trapped food or use food in trasps. Like pies that throw themselves into your face, then explode. Or maybe he could enchant banana peels to go under your feet and make you slip into a pit filled with sharpened stale baguettes.:smalltongue:

Innis Cabal
2008-06-08, 12:05 PM
magic chef would make an awsome PrC, sort of like an alch but with cooking. Imbue spells in food and then have people eat them for the affects.

Athaniar
2008-06-08, 12:09 PM
Pacifist Cleric... isn't that just taking Vow of Nonviolence?

LoneGamer
2008-06-08, 12:31 PM
Someone once played a pacifict cleric in one of my IRC games, years ago. She was a half-nymph with all kinds of feats to boost her healing and some obscure Mongoose prestige class that made it so nobody could attack her without an exceedingly high WILL save, and she had to heal anything that asked for heals. Also, she couldn't attack anything. Mind you, this didn't apply to undead, so she could nuke them with Heal, though apparently they still had to WILL save to attack her because she could heal them with Harm. Whatever.

Then she bitched and cried when an NPC died despite her best metagaming efforts to prevent it. Oh, and she was more interested in making passes at male NPCs than advancing the story.

JackMage666
2008-06-08, 12:45 PM
Someone once played a pacifict cleric in one of my IRC games, years ago. She was a half-nymph with all kinds of feats to boost her healing and some obscure Mongoose prestige class that made it so nobody could attack her without an exceedingly high WILL save, and she had to heal anything that asked for heals. Also, she couldn't attack anything. Mind you, this didn't apply to undead, so she could nuke them with Heal, though apparently they still had to WILL save to attack her because she could heal them with Harm. Whatever.

Then she bitched and cried when an NPC died despite her best metagaming efforts to prevent it. Oh, and she was more interested in making passes at male NPCs than advancing the story.

Sounds like a mixture of Powergaming and Annoying Levels of Roleplay to me.

I've seen Magic Chef done. As well as Pacifistic Cleric. Hence, those two aren't all that rarely played.

Xuincherguixe
2008-06-08, 01:05 PM
"Magic Chef" is pretty much what one of my players is going to be using. Except that it's largely going to be humanoids they're cooking. Technically they're a Gnoll, and in this game Humans will be fairly common enemies, but that's still not going to stop the cannibalism.

It's totally a class that could work.

Pacifist Clerics happen reasonably often. Though they have problems.

Combat Gardener could work for an NPC.

Apocalyptic Priest is just done wrong there. Your character just believes the world is going to end. Could be humorous, could be serious. The world doesn't just randomly end.

Cockfighter is silly, but doable. Their power would be in their trained roosters. At high levels, they might get fire breathing ones and such.

Dungeon Decorator is an NPC class, unless you were inspired by Dungeon Keeper or something and you set the campaign inside a Dungeon. Chances are it should be a Dungeon Designer class, but through trap placement and colouring choices, it could have game affects. (Putting lots of violent red slashes for instance might give all the monsters a +1 enhancement bonus to damage or something)

Keebler Elf is obviously a Race. But if Keebler was some kind of Elf Prestige class or something, it would be similar to a magic chef. But would specialize in desert.

Horse Thief isn't a class. And it's totally something I wanted to do. Horse theft is definitely going into my next campaign.

Necrophiliac is a roleplaying choice, not a class. But hey, this is what the Lichloved feat is for.

Tailor isn't really a Class. Nor would Chaotic Evil matter. Similar situation to the Dungeon Decorator. More suitable for NPCs. It's probably much viable for a standard adventuring party though. Now that I think about it, Chaotic Evil is probably going to be the most helpful alignment to a party a Tailor could have. They'd probably put in all kinds of hideously deadly designs. And for the designs NOT for the party, they'd have all kinds of traps inside.

Party finds tribe of Orcs way too big to fight
Generic Orc A: "Hey! Give us youse lot or die!"
Choatic Evil Tailor: "Ahhhh! No! I've worked so hard on these magnificent priceless designs, whatever will I do" *continues feigning depression*
Wizard Party Leader *sigh* "We're just going to have to give them our vast riches we've recently unearthed. Our lives are more important than magnitudes of wealth."
Big Meatshield throws bag down, and everyone runs
*party escapes, but hides close by*

Generic Orc B: "This look pretty. Me wear." *gets poked by spikes of evil, which are poisoned*
Generic Orc B: "Ow. Me feel funny. Ooo! This must be magic pretty clothes!"
Generic Orc C: "Hey! Give me" *struggle* *also poisoned by spikes of evil*
Generic Orc D: *puts on headband, which explodes*

Wizard Party Leader: "I had my reservations, but this Chaotic Evil Tailor has really pulled through for us."
Chaotic Evil Tailor giggles like a school girl.
Big Meatshield: "That will never stop terrifying me. Now lets go loot all the corpses!"
Magic Chef: "And I'll cook them!"

Nikolai_II
2008-06-08, 01:33 PM
I had a combat gardener druid. Greenbound summoning FTW :smallbiggrin: