PDA

View Full Version : Twizzlers are evil

Grug
2008-06-08, 10:37 AM
Why the heck would anyone ever eat a Twizzler? They look, feel, and taste exactly like plastic, and yet college students are oh so eager to devour them. Am I missing something?

Copacetic
2008-06-08, 10:39 AM
Why the heck would anyone ever eat a Twizzler? They look, feel, and taste exactly like plastic, and yet college students are oh so eager to devour them. Am I missing something?

Yes. Taste buds. Twizzlers are the most delicous candy known to man.

Trog
2008-06-08, 10:40 AM
BLASPHEMY!

Twizzlers are the food of the gods! The Twizzler Titans demand sacrifice for this misdeed. You shall be force fed Twizzlers until your poop turns red. The toilets shall run red with the excrement and unabsorbed FD&C Red#2 of the unbelievers!

randman22222
2008-06-08, 10:41 AM
This thread is hereby signed by randman22222, in agreement with the Original Post (henceforth referred to as "OP").

The OP is indeed correct, and randman22222, as head of the Giant in the Playground (henceforth referred to as "GitP") Police Department (henceforth referred to as "PD"), is offering their signature as an endorsement to the OP, and its poster.

-randman22222

(In other words, TWIZZLERS OUGHT TO DIE!)

SDF
2008-06-08, 10:45 AM
Bow down to the superiority of Red Vines!

d'Bwobsling
2008-06-08, 10:50 AM

I agree. How could anyone possibly want to eat them when not only do they taste bad, but they make your stomache feel queezy also
^ Yes I know that's spelled wrong

Raiser Blade
2008-06-08, 10:53 AM
Only those who have been truly enlightened by twizzle can appreciate the goodness that is twizzlers.

It is a long arduos journey but the end result is sweet. :smalltongue:

Phase
2008-06-08, 11:02 AM
How can you hate twizzlers?!? They taste great, behave like straws, and if you leave them out too long they turn into rocks! How cool is that!

Raider
2008-06-08, 11:09 AM
This is news to anyone at all? Twizzlers have all the qualities of plastic and taste worse.

The worst part of it is people have accepted them when they should be shunned and damned to the deepest pit of hell.

alchemyprime
2008-06-08, 11:16 AM
Los twizzlers estan muy malo. Yo prefiero los vines de rojo.

Go Red Vines! You can feel the sugar and gelatin (and not like twizzlers, where all you feet and taste is frosted latex)

Let's ask the smileys, shall we?

Red Vines?
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Twizzlers?
:yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

You see, ten out of ten smileys prefer red vines. Checkmate, Twizzlians...

randman22222
2008-06-08, 11:18 AM
Los twizzlers estan muy malo. Yo prefiero los vines de rojo.

Go Red Vines! You can feel the sugar and gelatin (and not like twizzlers, where all you feet and taste is frosted latex)

Let's ask the smileys, shall we?

Red Vines?
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::bigg rin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Twizzlers?
:yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

You see, ten out of ten smileys prefer red vines. Checkmate, Twizzlians...

That made me laugh a LOT for some reason.

Sequinox
2008-06-08, 11:39 AM
I agree completely. Twizzlers are the most disgusting things ever created.

I come from a family of twizzler lovers. No one understands me and my twizzler hatingness.

Thank you GitP for giving me a place to hate twizzlers without persecution.

ZombieRockStar
2008-06-08, 11:41 AM
How can you hate twizzlers?!? They taste great, behave like straws, and if you leave them out too long they turn into rocks! How cool is that!

Exactly! I used to like biting off the ends and using them to drink cherry cola when I was younger. Not only did it make the cola foam, but made the twizzler rock hard and more fun to eat! :smalltongue:

I also used to stick little gel candies into my Slurpees. They'd lose all flavour and also become rock hard. >_>

reorith
2008-06-08, 11:41 AM
this one time, i ate a bunch of twizzlers and later puked. my teacher thought it was blood so i got to go home for the day :smalltongue: in retrospect, i'm not all to sure it wasn't.

Phase
2008-06-08, 11:44 AM
*Suddenly, several thousand Twizzler zombies come over the horizon, and start shambling towards Sequinox moaning: "Persecute, Persecute!"*

TigerHunter
2008-06-08, 11:46 AM
this one time, i ate a bunch of twizzlers and later puked. my teacher thought it was blood so i got to go home for the day :smalltongue: in retrospect, i'm not all to sure it wasn't.
:smallbiggrin:

The first time I ever ate a twizzler, I threw up. Unfortunately, it was at a friend's house, not school.

Midnight Son
2008-06-08, 11:47 AM
Twizzlers and Red Vines are both horrid inventions and a pox on the licorice eating world. For quality licorice, red or black, go Kookaburra!

http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/main/candy/mints/images/tub_strawberry.jpg http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51MGFZKFTJL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Emperor Ing
2008-06-08, 11:53 AM

I second this. Licorice does indeed taste exactly like plastic. :smallyuk:

Copacetic
2008-06-08, 11:58 AM
Hey either you love them or hate. Everyone is entitled to an opinion... Unless it envolves Twizzlers. Twizzlers forever! Shun the non-believers!

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-08, 11:59 AM
I agree with you, grug. No real taste to them.

GrassyGnoll
2008-06-08, 12:03 PM
Los twizzlers son muy malo. Yo prefiero los vines de rojo.

Ay yay yay, los twizzlers me dan miedo con sus sabores. Tienes razon, pero las dulces negras son muy deliciosas.

Dave Rapp
2008-06-08, 12:07 PM
Hey either you love them or hate. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Shut up. You're not allowed to disagree.

Ever. =P

NinjaHippy
2008-06-08, 12:09 PM
Red licorice is bad, but not as bad as black licorice. Black licorice tastes like Tylenol syrup.

The continuum of good->bad therefore goes something like: Skittles->Oreos->Puppies->M&M's->RoboCop->Red licorice->Having your nails pulled out->Black licorice->Genocide.

Copacetic
2008-06-08, 12:39 PM
Hey either you love them or hate. Everyone is entitled to an opinion... Unless it envolves Twizzlers. Twizzlers forever! Shun the non-believers!

Shut up. You're not allowed to disagree.

Ever.

Someone needs to pay a little more attention to the white text....

Recaiden
2008-06-08, 12:42 PM
All licorice is good. Black, red, Red Vine, Kookabura, and even Twizzler. Its sad that some people can't appreciate their subtle and delicious flavor.:smallsmile:

Grug
2008-06-08, 12:42 PM
I also dislike skittles and oreos, but those are for purely personal reasons.

Twizzlers, on the other hand, are completely fould. It's not just a matter of taste: I don't see how anyone could enjoy one. IT IS LIKE EATING PLASTIC! I've had one recently, I took one bite and spit it out, its chemical taste was so foul.

Player_Zero
2008-06-08, 12:53 PM
I like eating plastic. :smalltongue:

Also, we have the UK equivilent over here, and they're not amazing, but they're certainly not made by Satan.

...Maybe they do add more sugar to sweets here like in all the urban legends.

*Goes back to chewing a piece of cardboard.*

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-08, 01:38 PM
I like Twizzlers. If you don't, try eating a no-name brand of the same thing. Twizzlers will go up in your estimation.

Furthermore, black liquorice is made of awesome. You know the black jujubes? And they taste exactly like it? I was over at my friend's place once, and he had this big thing of jujubes, except no-one liked the black ones so they were all still there so I got to eat them all. That was an awesome day.

Zakama
2008-06-08, 02:25 PM
I was under the impression that Twizzlers didn't taste like normal red liquorish, but I may be wrong. I love Twizzlers, don't know if I love red liquorish until I get an answer, and hate black liquorish. That stuff is nasty! :smallyuk:

chiasaur11
2008-06-08, 03:11 PM
Hey, why can't someone like both Red Vines and Twizzlers?

Even if they, say, like Red Vines better, Twizzlers can still be good. Especially the ones you can split into a ton of ropes.

Black Liquorice, however...

Phae Nymna
2008-06-08, 04:15 PM
Blech... Twizzlers are horrid. I love black licorice though, probably because it's real candy, not just red surgical tubing.

Absinthe, Sambuca, and black licorice are three of my favorite things on this planet, but Twizzlers make me wretch.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-08, 04:18 PM
But black licorice tastes like tires!

I'll eat twizzlers, but I wouldn't spend money on them. They're tasty, for surgical tubing.

Phae Nymna
2008-06-08, 04:46 PM
But black licorice tastes like tires!

I'll eat twizzlers, but I wouldn't spend money on them. They're tasty, for surgical tubing.

That's it. :smallmad:
I hereby demote you!

Edit: Mauve has calmed my qualms, and this demotion has been nullified and counteracted.

Mr. Moon
2008-06-08, 04:59 PM

What blasphemy is this? Twizzlers are the fattening snack food of GODS! Not as good as Reses Butter Cups, sure, but soooo good. Those who do not appreciate their fine flavour obviously have week taste buds unaccustomed to such glory! *smites the non-believers!*

de-trick
2008-06-08, 05:06 PM
there a straw and a candy, bite off the ends and put in drink

NinjaHippy
2008-06-08, 06:33 PM
*Readies catapult, aims at the pro-Twizzler faction*

Brothers, to arms! Let the Holy Wars commence! For freedom, for liberty, for FLAVORFUL CANDY!!!

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-08, 07:05 PM
Perhaps you could maybe buy a different kind of candy?

NinjaHippy
2008-06-08, 07:07 PM
Compromise is equatable with treason, treason is equatable with weakness.

Sequinox
2008-06-08, 07:09 PM
*Suddenly, several thousand Twizzler zombies come over the horizon, and start shambling towards Sequinox moaning: "Persecute, Persecute!"*

I incinerate them with a fireball. For fun. And then I dump twizzlers over their charred bodies. Because twizzlers should be wasted. For fun.

EDIT:
Not as good as Reses Butter Cups, sure

You have not fallen too far. Repent your ways and eat a peanut butter cup while you still can!

Phae Nymna
2008-06-08, 07:30 PM

Oh... um... Okay. :smallsmile: I hereby promote you and nullify that last demotion! Poise and Rationality saves the day.

Mr. Moon
2008-06-08, 07:42 PM

BLASPHAMY! Buying a different kind of candy? Are you insane? Do you know what kind of withdrawal symptoms we'd go through?

You have not fallen too far. Repent your ways and eat a peanut butter cup while you still can!

More blasphemy! I have not fallen, but rather reached a higher level of enjoyment!

Recaiden
2008-06-08, 07:51 PM
You poor Twizzler haters. :smalleek: You should realize that all licorice has a good taste. No licorice is as good as peanut butter cups though.

Emperor Ing
2008-06-08, 08:08 PM
You poor Twizzler haters. :smalleek: You should realize that all licorice has a good taste. No licorice is as good as peanut butter cups though.
NO!! No licorice as good taste! It's all plastic!
Peanut butter cups, however, are godly. :smallcool:

TigerHunter
2008-06-08, 08:15 PM
Now we're talking about licorice twizzlers?

Doubly evil.

Albub
2008-06-08, 08:42 PM
Nibs are better than twizzlers, which are better than skittles. Cough syrup is better than black licorice, but only in really large quantities. Black licorice isn't bad, but I'd take nibs over black licorice. I'd take huge quantities of cough syrup over most of them though.

Jack Squat
2008-06-08, 08:47 PM
Twizzlers are like Pocky; not exceptionally tasty, but for the life of me, I can't stop eating them if I start.

TigerHunter
2008-06-08, 08:54 PM
Now we're talking about licorice twizzlers?

Doubly evil.

Catch
2008-06-08, 09:07 PM
Twizzlers are like Pocky; not exceptionally tasty, but for the life of me, I can't stop eating them if I start.

This.

Except I'll chase a box of pocky like a frisbee, but look at a package of Twizzlers in deep contemplation, wondering if this is the day I give myself diabetes.

de-trick
2008-06-08, 10:01 PM
not going to lie my mouth is watering, must reframe from buying candy, must save money for trip to city

NinjaHippy
2008-06-08, 10:01 PM
Y'know, even Reese's Cups have lost their charm of late. I used to love them, but now the peanut butter seems fake and unappetizing. It's bubble gum all the way for me, I'm afraid.

Vavaara
2008-06-08, 10:37 PM
Dear lord... What if somebody used genetic engineering to create the ultimate licorice, made of all the brands!?!

Black Twizzlorice Vine?

Zakama
2008-06-08, 10:38 PM
Now I want Twizzlers. :smallannoyed:

Pocketa
2008-06-08, 10:41 PM
BLASPHEMY!

Twizzlers are the food of the gods! The Twizzler Titans demand sacrifice for this misdeed. You shall be force fed Twizzlers until your poop turns red. The toilets shall run red with the excrement and unabsorbed FD&C Red#2 of the unbelievers!

Double blasphemy on anyone who still believes otherwise after the ordeal!

Zakama
2008-06-08, 10:59 PM
Well, thanks you to guys, I went out at 10:45 PM in the rain to a not so great neighbourhood to buy Twizzlers. I am eating one now, and it is delicious. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-08, 11:00 PM
Dear lord... What if somebody used genetic engineering to create the ultimate licorice, made of all the brands!?!

Black Twizzlorice Vine?

But then all factions of this debate will be disappointed by the result! It's a waste of money!

Twin2
2008-06-08, 11:06 PM
box of pocky

:smallconfused:

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2008-06-08, 11:10 PM
I have strange tastes when it comes to food: I like the things with the strongest flavour. I like spicy things (like tabasco sauce ice cubes: mmmm..) and sour things, and I like minty things like extra strength halls, and I like san pellegrino chinotto, and I love black liquorice. Like it or not, folks, so-called 'red liquorice' has not a smidgen of liquorice in it. It's entirely artificial, with artificial colour, flavour, and sometimes not even real sugar! I like wholesome, natural candy, and I prefer rotting teeth to tumours.
Sometimes I eat plain liquorice root, which has the strong flavour I adore. It's great!:smallsmile:

Jack Squat
2008-06-08, 11:12 PM
:smallconfused:

Pocky can be sold in boxes...especially if you can find it in bulk.

If anyone finds a deal on a pallate of the stuff, I'll pitch in.

Fraz-Urb'luu
2008-06-08, 11:13 PM
Personally, Twizzlers are one of my least favorite candies. I much prefer black Liquorice over Twizzlers, though I still think there are a whole lot of things better than Liquorice or Twizzlers in the world. (I'm more of a savory person though, so don't trust me when it comes to candy)

Twin2
2008-06-08, 11:19 PM
Pocky can be sold in boxes...especially if you can find it in bulk.

If anyone finds a deal on a pallate of the stuff, I'll pitch in.

What is this pocky you speak of?

Jack Squat
2008-06-08, 11:23 PM
Pocky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocky)

I assumed since you quoted the phrase instead of just the word Pocky, you only ever found them in the little pouches.

Either way, it's basically just a chocolate covered biscuit stick.

starwoof
2008-06-08, 11:25 PM
Pocky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocky). Its like a biscuit stick covered in chocolate basically? Its what nerds eat for sustenance.

As for twizzlers, I don't enjoy eating them but I can't stop when I start! Yummy yummy plastic.:smalleek:

Dumbledore lives
2008-06-08, 11:34 PM
Twizzlers are by far not evil, though they are very tasty. Licorice is pretty delicious too, if you don't like Twizzlers you can at least eat something different. You don't know how much you miss all the candy you can get in the U.S. until you move away. I miss it so much, oh so much. I need good candy. Now.

Edit: Are those things called Pocky? I had no idea, though I have had them before.

poleboy
2008-06-09, 05:10 AM
Candy, huh? Never had Twizzlers, but they must be amazing to spark three pages of heated debate like this. This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrkisk_Peber) is my candy drug of choice.

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-09, 08:30 AM
There's good candy to be had outside the US, particularly in Europe. German gummy candy is nine kinds of win, as is their chocolate.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-09, 08:33 AM
German gummy candy is nine kinds of win, as is their chocolate.

YES!

I was so happy when I found a candy shop in downtown Fburg that sold gummies from Germany. :smallbiggrin:

randman22222
2008-06-09, 08:35 AM
YES!

I was so happy when I found a candy shop in downtown Fburg that sold gummies from Germany. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah! What's the brand called, Haribo or something? That is made of win.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-09, 08:41 AM
Haribo macht Kinder froh!

randman22222
2008-06-09, 08:43 AM
Nur nicht Kinder.

I want some now...

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-09, 08:48 AM
Ah, the next line of the song is "und erwachsene ebenso"!

Player_Zero
2008-06-09, 08:54 AM
Haribo is plentiful in England... Is it not so elsewhere?

Johnny Blade
2008-06-09, 08:55 AM
You think Haribo is good? Bah! Here in Germany, it is dog food. :smallbiggrin:
Katjes, now that's something.

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-09, 08:57 AM
Haribo is plentiful here too, but it's still tasty.
This place I'm talking about sells other brands too, but they're all imported from Germany. :smalltongue:

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-09, 11:11 AM
Also in Germany you can get those awesome little cookie things.. Ritter, I think they're called. Those win too.

NinjaHippy
2008-06-09, 11:49 AM
You know what else is good? Belgian chocolate. Mmmm.

*craves chocolate*

reorith
2008-06-13, 02:59 AM
bah! pocky, wafers, and things gummy in nature!

celery. celery is pretty cool. plus the weird fibrous part is like natures floss.