PDA

View Full Version : Tiamat's Role in all this [BIG SPOILERS/speculation/sod even]

silvadel
2008-06-08, 10:40 AM
Of all of the gods in the ootsverse (although rat could be involved deeper than one would think also) Tiamat seems to have the most hands-on with regard to this story.

I mean tiamat controls the oracle in the sunken valley who gave interesting predictions to both the OOTS and "ghost dad."

Tiamat also was vocal in allowing the dark one to even enter the pantheon of the gods.

Tiamat even (with a banter with rat) begrudgingly let the dark one know about the history of the snarl.

It just seems to me her claws are very actively all over this thing for some purpose....

Helanna
2008-06-08, 12:13 PM
Hehe. I keep seeing Tiamat (in the comic) but I just keep thinking, "Takhisis". That's what Dragonlance will do to ya . . .

Hmmm. Tiamat does indeed seem very active in the story, more so than other gods at least. I don't think anything will come of it, but it's a very interesting theory.

Tyrmatt
2008-06-08, 12:17 PM
In the D&D cartoon, Tiamat was always an active prescence to the kids, both as poweful enemy and an enigmatic ally who clued them in to the one method that they could use to defeat the BBEG at their "low level".
She's always got a claw in several pies at once and it's all to further the life of her "children", the dragons and other related species. Allowing the Dark One to become a god who strives for goblin equality let's Tiamat push for other species to be "protected".

Timberboar
2008-06-09, 02:22 PM
You know, I find this interesting. I hadn't previously noticed the influence Tiamat has had on events, but sure enough...

The OP makes a pretty strong case for the hidden hand of a multi-headed mastermind.

Ninjamuffin
2008-06-09, 08:30 PM
It could just be that she gets bored easily and likes to stir things up for entertainment......
Though, that's the simplest and probably least correct answer.......

silvadel
2008-06-12, 07:22 PM
Looks like T is going to get yet another chance to move the ball.

-- her friends call her T -- her dinner calls her tiamat.