PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Gods as D&D Gods

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-06-08, 09:23 PM
The question is, essentially, if you made the Chaos Gods into D&D gods, and basically allowed them to make their own world (they would all have to make the same planet) what would they do? For this scenario they aren't Warp gods, but they have all their abilities as if they were in the warp. So what kind of world would they create, how would it intereact with other D&D worlds which might find a way to connect to it, what kind of races would they make, would their creations have their own gods other than the Chaos Gods? etc...

P.S. for the purpose of this debate, Malal is being counted as one of the big Chaos Gods (as he rightfully should)

and...

DISCUSS!

Verruckt
2008-06-08, 09:31 PM
Tzeench's quarter: something like the outlands in WoW, but with more lightening. Race of Bird People.

Nurgle's bit: appropriately enough the plaguelands, but with more festering. Can you say Plague Zombies?

Khorne's piece: Picture the worst massacre aftermath possible, then have someone perpetrating genocide with a shovel on top of that, ok, your getting there. Race of minotuars, but bloodier.

Slaanesh's part: Like a giant **** with ****s ****ing on the giant **** ****** mountains of **** and cocaine. Race, think if spiked tentacles of forced intrusion were an awakened spell, okay, now turn it up to 11.

Innis Cabal
2008-06-08, 09:37 PM
i personally think they would would reside in the Abyss on their own layer, if not layers.

Khorne's would be a giant battlefield of demons and petitioners, the sky the color of blood and the ground the corpses of the fallen piled so high that they would be unto mountains in a mortal world.

Nurgle's layer(s) would be swamps, jungles, fetid mires and putid lakes of mud, the air toxic from the decaying plant life, any life would be twisted and cancerous, bloated by corruption and mad with agony.

Slaanesh's would be much like Khorne's, a layer(s) of flesh, though unlike Khorne's the plant life would be men, women, and demons in every bizarre alian position, the air filled with screams, moans, and vile utterances to gods who have displeased Slannesh. Its air would be rich with exotic perfume's so thick it would be hard to breath, but every breath would drive you to a new level of bestial lust.
Tzeentch's realm would be the most alian and bizarre of all the gods, possesing subjectional gravity controled by ones will. Arcane fire would twist and arc through all directs, swimming through the air and whispers of speach would hang off every molecule in his realm. The landscape would be so twisted and distorted only the most brave would dare venture into it.

ArlEammon
2008-06-08, 09:45 PM
They would all have dualistic alignments instead of being pure evil beings.

NinjaHippy
2008-06-08, 09:45 PM
These would make effin' sweet campaign settings. Worlds that the Chaos Gods had overrun, with possibly a small underground resistance type deal?

*goes off to plot how to convert Chaos Marine power armor into DnD*

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-06-08, 09:46 PM
These would make effin' sweet campaign settings. Worlds that the Chaos Gods had overrun, with possibly a small underground resistance type deal?

*goes off to plot how to convert Chaos Marine power armor into DnD*

You know there is a warhammer FANTASY universe, which would be alot easier to D&Dify...

Verruckt
2008-06-08, 09:55 PM
or better yet, port DnD into Dark Heresy. Oh Drizz't, yes, these are the Dark Eldar, no, they don't bite, no worries.

ArtifexFelicis
2008-06-08, 09:55 PM
I smell an excellent campaign!

Mmmm, you got your 40k in my DnD.

*more cheesy, outdated pop culture refrences*

Personally it all depends. Khorne would get a crap load of followers, and he might just have one giant gladatorial games arena. His world/plane would be one huge fight, with few moments of rest and that if merely to burn whatever structure has been created to facilitate some new type of warfare. Mountains of corpses, millions of broken weapons and more gallons of blood. At the center would be the empty skull throne, where every true daemon of Khorne would bring his bounty once per milenium, and then to fight to see whose skulls would serve as the base of a new tower. War, Slaughter, and Strength Domain.

Nurgle's would be swamps at times. though I also think cities. He would have the most "pleasent" of them all, and the hardest to notice you weren't on the normal plane. Relativly. However, I also think that it would be the most accepting to "join" but many would perish or become a plague bearer within their firs naive steps into this world. Death, Destruction and Plague domains.

I'll do the other thoughts later. Slaanesh's though would be awesome/terrible.

Destro_Yersul
2008-06-08, 10:09 PM
Slaanesh would have spiked tentacles of forced intrusion as a domain. Actually, that should of all of his/hers/its domains. Can't think of anything more fitting right now.:smallbiggrin:

NinjaHippy
2008-06-08, 10:28 PM
Somehow, I can't help but think that the 40k universe would own the crud out of the DnD universe...

Khorne's domain needs either respawn points or else really, really speedily-aging denizens, though... or else they'd all kill each other off and have nobody to fight.

Wouldn't Slaanesh's have to contain just about everything? I thought Slaanesh was the god of experiencing everything you could possibly experience.

Mr. Scaly
2008-06-08, 10:58 PM
or better yet, port DnD into Dark Heresy. Oh Drizz't, yes, these are the Dark Eldar, no, they don't bite, no worries.

Hehe. Eldar vs Elves. Either way, I win!

Selrahc
2008-06-09, 05:52 AM
The Chaos Daemons Codex has a description of the realms of the gods.

Nurgle has a garden, full of happy pestilential monsters, laughing and joking. The sky is full of clouds of flies, the garden is full of rotting plants and other freakier things, and at the centre of the garden Nurgle has a mansion. Pretty much a stereotypical spooky mansion. Nurgle spends most of his time in the kitchen, cooking up new diseases, and testing them on the Eldar goddess he has caged up.

Tzeentch has a big maze, impossible to traverse, and sure to drive you insane. Just outside the maze are big crystaline plains, with shifting colours and mutable terrain and all that stuff. Inside the mage is Tzeentches citadel, made of crystal again, but with pillars of fire, and a mucked up time axis as well as space. Tzeentch sits in a library, that contains all knowledge and that only Lords of Change can approach. Tzeentch is a big maelstrom of constantly changing forms, multiple heads whisper contradictory statements, and two giant horns crackle with arcane energy.

Slaanesh's realm is essentially six traps, then an ultimate screw you. You need to be able to resist greed to get through the outer layer, gluttony to resist the second, lust to resist the third, power to resist the fourth, vanity to resist the fifth, and sloth to resist the sixth. If you are pure enough to go through all those layers, you meet Slaanesh on a throne, attended by his daemons, and you are corrupted anyway.

Khorne has a ring of volcanoes circling his domain. Gigantic, spike tipped volcanoes, that errupt with startling frequency and ferocity. On the inner slopes are the foundries of Khorne, and thge juggernaught pens. If you get beyond that, there is a vast warswept plain. littered with bones, and covered in flesh hounds. In the middle of this plain is a giant crevasse, which occasionally fills with a tsunami of bloodand bodies. Then you have the brass citadel, with its moat of boiling blood and its flaming skulls. In the centre of the fortress is the throne room, an immense room where Khorne sits on a mountain of skulls.

I imagine in DnD they'd make the same sort of thing.

GoC
2008-06-09, 09:42 AM
Somehow, I can't help but think that the 40k universe would own the crud out of the DnD universe...
That depends on how smart they are. It doesn't have to be a Tippy epic wizard, even a few decent Batman's or a few psions could play hell with the Imperium.
I'd say that some of best them make a deal to with the Imperium if they don't nuke the planet from orbit.
They have lot's of things the Imperium could want (mostly teleportation circles and teleportation+invisibility/alter self/polymorph+surgical assassination).
If no deal is made and the planet nuked (barring Tippy wizards) then the powerful magic users (who most likely survive) are going to be wrecking havok for an indefinite amount of time.

Essentially MAD.

SolkaTruesilver
2008-06-09, 10:03 AM
Hum..

I would depict Khorne's plane as.. a planetoid. A huge planet, but instead of being made of rocks, it would be made of bodies. Petitionners who arrive on the planet just fight, fight fight, but never die. But never heal either. Those who fell on the ground just stay there, never to get better. Eventually, somebody else will fall on them..

the whole planet is made of these corpses, always bleeding and suffering. When you walk on that planet, you are walking on corpses... lots of them. And the planet keeps getting bigger...

I'll have to think for the 3 others. How do you like this one?

Selrahc
2008-06-09, 10:18 AM
I'd say that some of best them make a deal to with the Imperium if they don't nuke the planet from orbit.

Thats pretty likely. With the ammount of cunning beings on the DnD world, and the cunning inquisitors from 40K, a protectorate arrangement could probably be made, assuming first contact was nice and discreet.

They have lot's of things the Imperium could want (mostly teleportation circles and teleportation+invisibility/alter self/polymorph+surgical assassination).

The imperium already has most of those things. Teleport is usable, albeit only cost effective for hyper elite troops, something I don't think a handful of DnD wizards is going to change. The slightly increased reliability is the only thing teleport has over its 40k incarnation, as the range is pretty similar.

Invisibility is useful. The imperium doesn't really have anything that properly duplicates that, at least under any kind of availability(A vindicare blur suit is a gimped version of greater invisibility).

Alter self and polymorph is what the Callidus temple is all about. Anything vaguely humanoid, and they can look like a mirror image.

If no deal is made and the planet nuked (barring Tippy wizards) then the powerful magic users (who most likely survive) are going to be wrecking havok for an indefinite amount of time.

Wellll... a few of them. I'd imagine most of the survivors would plane shift away.

puppyavenger
2008-06-09, 02:53 PM
That depends on how smart they are. It doesn't have to be a Tippy epic wizard, even a few decent Batman's or a few psions could play hell with the Imperium.

Essentially MAD.

well depends, if the count as phsykers then the imperium would enjoy a brief repsit as the D&D world became a new eye of Terror.
Hey, that gives me an idea for a campaign.
The powerfull casters are are experiencing feeling of vertigo and attempted possesion as they cast spells, Sorcerors start loosing control and new ones have destructive powers or use them destructivly.
Summonings and extraplaner travel become harder, yet at the same time demons and the Carrierci Damons are launching massive attacks on the material plane.
The other Daemons have fled to hell, and the Lords are calling in all their resources, Baell's Citidels is filled with devils and mercanareies as wards are set at every possible entrance and the borders are secured as much as possible.
A shockwave goes out from Limbo as the spawning stone is broken and time is continuely reset and played with to drive out the enemy outriders.
The Lady has closed Sigil and the City of Doors is locked down.
Mechanus is unified as a massive army of COnstructs, formains and mordons marches through the lower planes en route to battle.
Io has called his children, and no dragon has been seen for weeks.
The upper planes are trying to convince as many people as possible to retreat to there, saying they aree in grave danger.
servants of the Lords of Madness find themselves gifted with great powers, and farspawn are breaking through every crack in reality, its as if they think time is running out and they're trying to get as much of it as they can.

NinjaHippy
2008-06-09, 08:23 PM

Essentially MAD.

See, I dunno about that. Granted, there are some pretty powerful wizards out there, but they're gonna be rare, and I'd bank that a Space Marine primarch or an accomplished Eldar psyker or a Demon Prince could give them a run for their money.

DnD world vs. Imperium of Man, I can accept the MAD scenario (or more likely, a stalemate, as the Imperium of Man is way too friggin' huge to be taken apart by a single campaign setting's worth of epic characters). DnD world vs. 40k as a whole (or even as a faction in the 40k universe), I don't hold out much hope for their continued survival. I mean, DnD vs. a Tyranid hive fleet? Carnifexes have been known to survive Exterminatus (albeit barely), and as far as I know, even epic wizards can't nuke entire planets at once (correct me if I'm wrong).

ArlEammon
2008-06-09, 08:26 PM
Hm.... I see that Hecatoncheires'es and Prismatic Great Wyrm Dragons are both powerful enough to probably take out even Primarchs.

GoC
2008-06-09, 08:26 PM
The imperium already has most of those things. Teleport is usable, albeit only cost effective for hyper elite troops, something I don't think a handful of DnD wizards is going to change. The slightly increased reliability is the only thing teleport has over its 40k incarnation, as the range is pretty similar.
Teleportation circles allow teleportation in mass so that could be very useful.
Suddenly flooding the Tau center of government building with 1000 Space Marines is pretty useful.
I also doubt any creature in the Warhammer 40K universe has access to all the useful things a D&D wizard does (mindblank+forsight+celerity+timestop). A Permanent Prismatic Sphere (which the Tyranids have no way to remove) around the emperor would be something that they'd pay a lot for.
Does the Imperium have intangibility for instance?

Alter self and polymorph is what the Callidus temple is all about. Anything vaguely humanoid, and they can look like a mirror image.
Can they become a bird or a cat or an ant?:smallwink:

GoC
2008-06-09, 08:40 PM
See, I dunno about that. Granted, there are some pretty powerful wizards out there, but they're gonna be rare, and I'd bank that a Space Marine primarch or an accomplished Eldar psyker or a Demon Prince could give them a run for their money.
Note that I said Batman Wizards. These are the guys who can grab free actions out of nowhere (foresight+celerity+timestop) and use them to put up a prismatic sphere+mindblank to make them immune to anything then they pull out whatever I Win button they feel like using today.

DnD world vs. Imperium of Man, I can accept the MAD scenario (or more likely, a stalemate, as the Imperium of Man is way too friggin' huge to be taken apart by a single campaign setting's worth of epic characters). DnD world vs. 40k as a whole (or even as a faction in the 40k universe), I don't hold out much hope for their continued survival. I mean, DnD vs. a Tyranid hive fleet? Carnifexes have been known to survive Exterminatus (albeit barely), and as far as I know, even epic wizards can't nuke entire planets at once (correct me if I'm wrong).
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Exterminatus a virus?
And they might not be able to destroy planets but they can make themselves invulnerable or undetectable and can destroy anything in a small radius.
What they are good at would be things like sabotaging battleships, assassinating leaders (very good for intimidation purposes), geassing/dominating them or interrogating them for information.
They could then make a deal with the Eldar to reveal the ship placement of the Imperium Navy in exchange for them blowing the Imperium sky high.

Hm.... I see that Hecatoncheires'es and Prismatic Great Wyrm Dragons are both powerful enough to probably take out even Primarchs.
And we know Batman can beat both.

EDIT: What's really nasty though is a cleric with that spell that gives you a CL bonus for each person who dies near you. After killing a million people he casts a spell that now has a radius equal to the diameter of the planet he is on.
Or get near the emperor and cats a holy word at caster level 100000. With him dead ships can't travel through the warp.

chiasaur11
2008-06-09, 09:36 PM
Note that I said Batman Wizards. These are the guys who can grab free actions out of nowhere (foresight+celerity+timestop) and use them to put up a prismatic sphere+mindblank to make them immune to anything then they pull out whatever I Win button they feel like using today.

And they might not be able to destroy planets but they can make themselves invulnerable or undetectable and can destroy anything in a small radius.
What they are good at would be things like sabotaging battleships, assassinating leaders (very good for intimidation purposes), geassing/dominating them or interrogating them for information.
They could then make a deal with the Eldar to reveal the ship placement of the Imperium Navy in exchange for them blowing the Imperium sky high.

And we know Batman can beat both.

EDIT: What's really nasty though is a cleric with that spell that gives you a CL bonus for each person who dies near you. After killing a million people he casts a spell that now has a radius equal to the diameter of the planet he is on.
Or get near the emperor and cats a holy word at caster level 100000. With him dead ships can't travel through the warp.
And Pun-Pun...
We don't talk about him in these debates for a reason.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-06-09, 09:50 PM

I can't remember the quote, but I recall the Emperor having the ability to essentially stop time with his mind.

Actually, you are, sort of. Exterminatus is the blanket term for a process by which a ship makes a world uninhabitable/blows it up. This could be anything from a retrovirus which turns literally everything alive into paste, to massive broadside bombardments, to blanket nuclear strikes, to vortex torpedoes (black-hole making torpedoes) to using a missile to ignite the oxygen in the atmosphere, and so on. And really it hardly matters, unless they can survive Exterminatus.

And when did this get sidetracked so badly? I don't want to go complaining about people "sidetrackin' in ma thread!" but just to clarify, this is a debate over what the Chaos Gods would do if they were in the unique position of D&D gods tasked with making their own world (they would have all of their abilities as if they were in the warp at their most powerful) the rest of 40k isn't involved. Just the Big 5: Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle, Tzeentch, and Malal.

Selrahc
2008-06-10, 05:13 AM
Teleportation circles allow teleportation in mass so that could be very useful.

Well yeah. Thats what already exists in Space Marine(And some inquisitorial) ships.

The only advantage DnD has there is thats it is slightly more reliable. Since 40K can already do the same ranges, with the same ammount of people.

I also doubt any creature in the Warhammer 40K universe has access to all the useful things a D&D wizard does (mindblank+forsight+celerity+timestop).

Oddly enough.. Librarians have access to very similar powers to the ones you listed there. (Mindblank=psychic hood, veil of time=time stop, might of heroes=celerity((Although that one might be a closer analogue to haste)) ), but yeah, top level wizards are going to have a broader range of powers than anything but a greater daemon of tzeentch.

Hmmmm... Also, Mutually assured destruction probably isn't going to happen. Level 20 wizards can teleport 2000 miles per cast of teleport, and fly at high speeds in oxygenless environments(With rings of adaption and the like). But thats going to take them thousands of years to get between worlds isn't it? How else do wizards travel within a plane? I mean they could plane shift out and back... but they probably have no idea of any other inhabited locations in 40K.

Haruspex
2008-06-10, 08:50 AM
Hum..

I would depict Khorne's plane as.. a planetoid. A huge planet, but instead of being made of rocks, it would be made of bodies. Petitionners who arrive on the planet just fight, fight fight, but never die. But never heal either. Those who fell on the ground just stay there, never to get better. Eventually, somebody else will fall on them..

the whole planet is made of these corpses, always bleeding and suffering. When you walk on that planet, you are walking on corpses... lots of them. And the planet keeps getting bigger...

Hmm. The planet of bodies thing is cool, but I think that they would die or become bloody skulls or fight forever like a Chaos Valhalla. Eternal suffering is not Khorne's thing if I recall correctly, that has a Slaaneshi sort of ring to it. I picture his creations to be very Ork-like in temperament, though with more focus on blood and collecting skulls.

Tzeentch: If your mind can comprehend it, you're not there yet. Races would be random, ever-mutating beasts.

Slaanesh and Nurgle have pretty much been described by other posters.

I don't think they would let their followers worship other gods, since their followers regularly go to war against followers of other Chaos gods.

comicshorse
2008-06-10, 09:13 AM
Tzeentch's planet: You'd taste the violent red of the sky and smell the screams of the damned wafting towards you, while your mind is filled to bursting with the smell of arcane energies brushing against your flesh. Then...... then it gets weird

Solo
2008-06-10, 09:17 AM
Hum..

It's been done before. (http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=uxk2CWQHxm0)

hamishspence
2008-06-10, 01:46 PM
Personally, I think we shold be looking at it from a Warhammer Point of view rather than a 40k point of view. Evens everything up a bit.

In fact, you can make D&D use the Warhammer universe without much trouble: Realms of Chaos as Elemental Chaos, with each Chaos God's realm being like part of the Abyss. Many (not all) D&D monsters exist in the Warhammer universe. And you can have warhammer gods (Sigmar, Ulric, Shallya) occupying domains on the astral plane.

so, instead of Chaos Gods as D&D gods, we have Chaos gods as D&D primordials (demon princes) Like in warhammer, demons in D&D do not get into material world easily without help.

then we can ask questions like What would Sigmar be in D&D? (probably a demigod, the sigmar story fits well with this) Maybe upgrade to full deity in modern era Warhammer. The hands-off feel of 4th ed D&D deities fits well with warhammer: people do not have close up encounters with them.

If you prefer, chaos gods could be true deities, with Astral domains, which are like the ones in Chaos Daemons.

puppyavenger
2008-06-10, 07:34 PM
Personally, I think we shold be looking at it from a Warhammer Point of view rather than a 40k point of view. Evens everything up a bit.

In fact, you can make D&D use the Warhammer universe without much trouble: Realms of Chaos as Elemental Chaos, with each Chaos God's realm being like part of the Abyss. Many (not all) D&D monsters exist in the Warhammer universe. And you can have warhammer gods (Sigmar, Ulric, Shallya) occupying domains on the astral plane.

so, instead of Chaos Gods as D&D gods, we have Chaos gods as D&D primordials (demon princes) Like in warhammer, demons in D&D do not get into material world easily without help.

then we can ask questions like What would Sigmar be in D&D? (probably a demigod, the sigmar story fits well with this) Maybe upgrade to full deity in modern era Warhammer. The hands-off feel of 4th ed D&D deities fits well with warhammer: people do not have close up encounters with them.

If you prefer, chaos gods could be true deities, with Astral domains, which are like the ones in Chaos Daemons.
well, the problem is that any powerfull charecter(like a level 1 D&D charecter) are already hero-level powers. and Warhammer REALLY doesn't acomadate high-power very well.

hamishspence
2008-06-10, 07:40 PM
I got the impression that, novelwise, there was a lot of room for high level characters. Gotrek: seroiusly deadly Dwarf Fighter. Teclis: high elf archmage.

Sigmar could be fighter-demigod 30 and his disappearance from the warhammer world means he completed his epic destiny. At least, if played late in his life.

now low levels is a bit harder, but hero type stories do exist. Felix at the start of the William King books is a pretty fair low level fighter, and he grows somewhat in power as adventures progress.

puppyavenger
2008-06-10, 07:48 PM
I got the impression that, novelwise, there was a lot of room for high level characters. Gotrek: seroiusly deadly Dwarf Fighter. Teclis: high elf archmage.

Sigmar could be fighter-demigod 30 and his disappearance from the warhammer world means he completed his epic destiny. At least, if played late in his life.

now low levels is a bit harder, but hero type stories do exist. Felix at the start of the William King books is a pretty fair low level fighter, and he grows somewhat in power as adventures progress.

you'll note that a lucky cannon blast could take out either of them.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-06-10, 07:49 PM
well, the problem is that any powerfull charecter(like a level 1 D&D charecter) are already hero-level powers. and Warhammer REALLY doesn't acomadate high-power very well.

Are you kidding? Warhammer is a high end fantasy setting, the kind that bitch slaps lower-magic settings like Lord of the Rings with one of its many mutant hands. Just as an example, the AVERAGE Vampire (that is, the bog standard I just sucked a bums throat and made him immortal vampire) can raise large numbers of zombies and skeletons (like large groups at once) this is something that later leveled necros can do. And the Vampire GENERALS? They can raise WHOLE ARMIES, by THEMSELVES. Your average Wizard from the Empire (not the most magically apt group out there) can kill groups of enemy troopers single-handed. Sorcerers, who, unlike their 40k counterparts are more than likely just powerful humans, can summon daemon armies, and so on.

GoC
2008-06-10, 10:05 PM
Well yeah. Thats what already exists in Space Marine(And some inquisitorial) ships.

The only advantage DnD has there is thats it is slightly more reliable. Since 40K can already do the same ranges, with the same ammount of people.
This is interesting...
Are there any counters to teleportation technology?

Oddly enough.. Librarians have access to very similar powers to the ones you listed there. (Mindblank=psychic hood, veil of time=time stop, might of heroes=celerity((Although that one might be a closer analogue to haste)) ), but yeah, top level wizards are going to have a broader range of powers than anything but a greater daemon of tzeentch.
Are those really equivalent?
What differences are there?

Hmmmm... Also, Mutually assured destruction probably isn't going to happen. Level 20 wizards can teleport 2000 miles per cast of teleport, and fly at high speeds in oxygenless environments(With rings of adaption and the like). But thats going to take them thousands of years to get between worlds isn't it? How else do wizards travel within a plane? I mean they could plane shift out and back... but they probably have no idea of any other inhabited locations in 40K.
A starchart would help them here. And I think I remember a spell somewhere that allowed you to go anywhere on the material plane in a fixed amount of time (8 hours I think).
But yes MAD was an exaggeration. What I meant was that they could inflict very serious harm using mind control, killing powerful people and allying with the enemies of the Imperium.

Selrahc
2008-06-11, 04:10 AM
This is interesting...
Are there any counters to teleportation technology?

I don't think so. Its used in ship to ship boarding actions, which means it must be able to get around warp fields, which are the only things I can think of that would stop it.

The DnD version though won't leave you embedded in a wall. Thats a plus.

Are those really equivalent?
What differences are there?

Not completely.

Psychic hood has pluses and minuses over mindblank, it isn't an infallible defence, just a strong one, but it does work against a large range of powers rather than just mind affecting.

Veil of Time isn't exactly well defined in its effects. Essentially it describes warp powers used to mess around with time. Different psykers would use it in different ways. It could definitely be used to duplicate the effects of time stop though, as well as spells like moment of prescience.

Might of heroes used to be known as the quickening, and isn't massively like celerity. It's probably a combination Haste/Rage/Heroism spell.

The major differences is that they are warp powers, amd so things could go very badly wrong if the psyker screws up in using it.

BrainFreeze
2008-06-17, 02:33 PM
Why does this make me want to put a Necron Tomb in my D&D game complete with the Void Dragon.

My players are going to hate all of you.

puppyavenger
2008-06-17, 05:44 PM
Why does this make me want to put a Necron Tomb in my D&D game complete with the Void Dragon.

My players are going to hate all of you.

how do you possbily have the Void Dragon without a TPK

BrainFreeze
2008-06-17, 05:58 PM
You'd have to go a bit beyond TPK and make it a Game Setting PK.

Though if you set it up well enough it could be fun.

chiasaur11
2008-06-17, 06:28 PM
how do you possbily have the Void Dragon without a TPK

Pun-Pun.
I for one welcome our classic Kobold overlord!

Stormthorn
2008-06-26, 05:05 PM

Im correcting you. Its a military action that can take multiple forms but is always marked by having been undertaken with the goal to destroy the target planets biosphere.

puppyavenger
2008-06-26, 08:00 PM
Im correcting you. Its a military action that can take multiple forms but is always marked by having been undertaken with the goal to destroy the target planets biosphere.

or, in some cases the entire planet, and in one method, the area of space-time in and around thee planet