PDA

View Full Version : Roy at Bash university (origin spoilers)

King of Nowhere
2008-06-09, 02:55 PM
In the first prequel book is shown that Roy was a social outsider at university. But Roy has a good charisma even for a normal person, while many fighters use it as a damp stat. So why he had no friends?
I have two hypotesis; other fighters didn't want to hang up with him because he has also an high int, and often in schools stupid people (and int is another common dump stat for fighters) tned to bully the more learned.
Or, since he despise stupid fighters, he didn't want nothing to them.
I'm sure this has been discussed to death when On the origin of PC's came out, but I wasn't in the forum then, and I'm curious to see someone else's opinion about that.

David Argall
2008-06-09, 05:32 PM
Origen Roy is shown as a grind, perhaps motivated by a desire to show up dad. So it's not that he is personally unpopular, he merely behaves in a way that makes him unpopular.

Greg
2008-06-09, 05:57 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed to death when On the origin of PC's came out, but I wasn't in the forum then, and I'm curious to see someone else's opinion about that.
Search function?

Anyways - I agree with David. Roy's motivation for becoming a fighter was very different to most people's, and so he would have been an outsider as a result.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-06-09, 06:14 PM
Also, Roy isn't the "frat-rat" type. The closest we've ever seen him to "letting loose" was accepting high class accomodations as the King of Nowhere. Other fighters get into bar fights, drinking contests, tests of strength and other "manly things done my manly men in a manly manner!"

Roy would rather think his way through a problem, and develop his team members to the best of their abilities, rather than focus on strictly himself.